Metal Storm logo
Morbid Angel - Cancel Canadian Dates, Denied Entry Into Canada

Morbid Angel were scheduled to play in Montreal tonight and Toronto tomorrow on their North American tour with Grave and Dark Funeral but, without further explanation, vocalist David Vincent announced that the band was denied entry to Canada and so the band will not be playing.

David Vincent's statement: "Regretfully as much as we wanted to continue the musical onslaught, the Canadian immigration officers at the border had other intentions. Canada is NOT HAPPENING. No Canada dates. Denied entry."

The other bands on the bill will do extended sets. Grave confirmed: "The tonight's show in Montreal @ Club Soda will be without Morbid Angel. Tonight you will all get Grave, Dark Funeral and VadimVon. See ya soon. We will of course do a longer set tonight. So be there to get your load of Grave tonight."

Dark Funeral stated: "Unfortunately Morbid Angel didn't make it into Canada. And we will make it the best we can to fulfill your Dark desires tonight in Montreal, Que. At Club Soda. We're pulling off our spectacular headliner set tonight."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 30.09.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   Visited by: 274 users
30.09.2012 - 21:25
Lit.
Account deleted
Looks like Canada's a little sore about IDI, too.
30.09.2012 - 21:30
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Yeah, rumors say that they took them into a room and they were expecting them with a picture of IDI. Then, an officer asked them: "Are you responsible for this piece of shit?!", swinging the pic right in front of their face.
And so they were denied entry.
30.09.2012 - 21:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Actualy funny how other side of atlantuic is ... some terrorists easely enter there and fuvk up, same cocain and columbian drug smuggler ansd assosiates , non even catch them, but mussicans who DO NOT evil , whit out normal explanation will get banned ... funny how swedes get visa .... o yes one more weird gourement thing isnt it?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.09.2012 - 21:39
?apleee
Mouthcrab
"Denied Entry Into Canada" would make a cool song title.
Dibs.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
30.09.2012 - 21:43
theFIST
It wouldn"t surprise me if some people seeing those shows prefer it that way
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
30.09.2012 - 22:25
Big-Al
Written by Bad English on 30.09.2012 at 21:30

Actualy funny how other side of atlantuic is ... some terrorists easely enter there and fuvk up, same cocain and columbian drug smuggler ansd assosiates , non even catch them, but mussicans who DO NOT evil , whit out normal explanation will get banned ... funny how swedes get visa .... o yes one more weird gourement thing isnt it?

agreed. 100%.

Written by ?apleee on 30.09.2012 at 21:39

"Denied Entry Into Canada"

...but welcome in hell.
----

I drink moosepiss
30.09.2012 - 23:00
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.09.2012 at 21:25

Looks like Canada's a little sore about IDI, too.

Seems like the most obvious explanation to me.
30.09.2012 - 23:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Every country should join Canada in such initiative.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.09.2012 - 23:53
Thrashette
I sort of half-considered getting tickets to this. Now I'm glad I didn't.
Everyone I know who was going was showing up for Grave or Dark Funeral anyways.
01.10.2012 - 00:36
Mad Arab666
That's just isanus. Couldn't resist.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
01.10.2012 - 09:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
May be officers are still pissed off from IDI. After all, they are metalheads too. Bad fucking luck Morbid didn't get a chance to perform with Grave and Dark Funeral in Caanadada.
01.10.2012 - 10:51
Big-Al
all these IDI jokes are lame. Just saying.
----

I drink moosepiss
01.10.2012 - 11:56
ManOwaR
Account deleted
They took one look at "Evil. D" (lmao) and said: This fag ain't getting in, buddy...
01.10.2012 - 12:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Big-Al on 01.10.2012 at 10:51

They are, but Morbid Angel have now joined the list of bands like Metallica, Slipknot, Dragonforce and Pantera that you must denounce in order to be "true to real metal".

Having seen the setlist MA have been playing recently, I'd have been really disappointed if I'd had a ticket for those shows, and then finding out MA weren't going to play.
01.10.2012 - 12:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Angelic Storm on 01.10.2012 at 12:08

They are, but Morbid Angel have now joined the list of bands like Metallica, Slipknot, Dragonforce and Pantera that you must denounce in order to be "true to real metal".
Having seen the setlist MA have been playing recently, I'd have been really disappointed if I'd had a ticket for those shows, and then finding out MA weren't going to play.

Why Pantera? Oh well... I have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less problems with Slipknot and Pantera than the other three so I wouldn't put them in such a list.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.10.2012 - 12:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.10.2012 at 12:21
Why Pantera? Oh well... I have faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar less problems with Slipknot and Pantera than the other three so I wouldn't put them in such a list.

I'm not saying I think that about Pantera, I like them! But I have seen quite a few people denouncing them, and saying that they "aren't real metal".
01.10.2012 - 15:20
That's really odd... MA was able to get into Canada over the summer, they played a show in Halifax, NS. Wonder what changed between then and now?
01.10.2012 - 20:16
Butters49
Written by Angelic Storm on 01.10.2012 at 12:08

Written by Big-Al on 01.10.2012 at 10:51

Since when is Pantera not true to metal?
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
01.10.2012 - 20:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Butters49 on 01.10.2012 at 20:16

You would need to ask the people who think that, why they think that. I never said that I myself think Pantera are not "real metal", I simply said that I have heard a few people saying that. It is beyond my comprehension why some people think that about Pantera, but they do...
01.10.2012 - 21:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Butters49 on 01.10.2012 at 20:16

I don't understand it either, but go to the Metal Archives forums or ANUS site and you'll find loads of INternet keyboard elitist warriors who claim that pantera aren't true to metal/
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.10.2012 - 23:33
TrollandDie
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2012 at 21:39

I don't understand it either, but go to the Metal Archives forums or ANUS site and you'll find loads of INternet keyboard elitist warriors who claim that pantera aren't true to metal/

You mean you don't want to get your ''I Said That A Big Name Act Is Below Me'' badge at camp-kvlt?
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
01.10.2012 - 23:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by TrollandDie on 01.10.2012 at 23:33

You mean you don't want to get your ''I Said That A Big Name Act Is Below Me'' badge at camp-kvlt?

Nope. and tbh I was already into Pantera at the time of their Projects In The Jungle album when they still played US POwer with some heavy NWOBHM influences
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.10.2012 - 01:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm seriously wondering who was at fault here, and just what the hell it takes to get Canada to deny you entry.
02.10.2012 - 07:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 02.10.2012 at 01:17

I'm seriously wondering who was at fault here, and just what the hell it takes to get Canada to deny you entry.

Canada does deny bands entry a lot of times. Probably something to do with visas.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.10.2012 - 09:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.10.2012 at 21:39

Although that wasn't in my mind when I mentioned people saying that Pantera "aren't real metal", now that I come to think of it, I think Metal Archives was the first place where I seen people saying that.
02.10.2012 - 19:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Clearly this cannot be an issue with MA's most recent release.

any country that vomits forth Celine Dion, Nickelback, and Bieber has zero standards by which other acts can be judged against.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.10.2012 - 19:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
BitterCold just knocked the ball out of the park with that one!
02.10.2012 - 22:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by BitterCOld on 02.10.2012 at 19:39

any country that vomits forth Celine Dion, Nickelback, and Bieber has zero standards by which other acts can be judged against.

You forgot Avril Lavigne.
02.10.2012 - 23:10
TrollandDie
Written by BitterCOld on 02.10.2012 at 19:39

Canada's counter-statement: Quo Vadis.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
06.10.2012 - 22:28
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
I would have been pissed the fuck off.....royally!

Hits total: 4644 | This month: 15