Metal Storm logo
Doro

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 24.11.2006 - 08:54
I noticed there was no Doro thread. One of metals first female vocalists. Great music. You know the rest. (btw, feel free to discuss Warlock aswell)
06.07.2007 - 19:45
Imraghil

OLIVER!!! i like oliver palotai a lot, he's playing in kamelot right now. I've seen him live 2 times. the second time he was better than the first time.
27.12.2007 - 17:21
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Aronax Of Steel: got any interviews?
28.12.2007 - 04:32
Metalbound7

Doro is a great singer, and warlock is an amazing old school metal band. and about her accent i dont give a fuck , the music and her voice are great! thats what really matters.
17.11.2008 - 07:13
Ernis
狼獾
I was at Doro's gig yesterday and she absolutely made the audience raise the roof....for sure, one of the best life performances I've ever seen....There's a similarity bout her and Nightwish's Anette....I do hope and foresee that in some years Anette will also gain experience and be as bombastic on stage.....
I'm looking forward to seeing Doro on stage again.....she's indeed the mother of metal....
17.11.2008 - 11:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Ernis on 17.11.2008 at 07:13

I was at Doro's gig yesterday and she absolutely made the audience raise the roof....for sure, one of the best life performances I've ever seen....There's a similarity bout her and Nightwish's Anette....I do hope and foresee that in some years Anette will also gain experience and be as bombastic on stage.....
I'm looking forward to seeing Doro on stage again.....she's indeed the mother of metal....

Was that the party thing with the release of her new EP?

Speaking of that EP, I heard a song off of it and it didn't sound too good to me, I imagine it would be better live (as with many bands). Which is disapointing because Warrior Soul has to be within my top 40 albums of all time.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.11.2008 - 12:12
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Doc G. on 17.11.2008 at 11:17

Written by Ernis on 17.11.2008 at 07:13

Was that the party thing with the release of her new EP?

Speaking of that EP, I heard a song off of it and it didn't sound too good to me, I imagine it would be better live (as with many bands). Which is disapointing because Warrior Soul has to be within my top 40 albums of all time.

It was a free gig organised by Goethe Institute....Christoph Haberer and Corvus Corax served as warm-up for Doro...I don't think 'twas bout her new EP.....she sang songs from the first album (Warlock period) and also some newer ones....I'll be writing a review bout this......if the staff will be nice, then you should see it sooner or later....
17.11.2008 - 12:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Last night i listened to Alone Again(the duet with Lemmy), excellent song, great vocal work.
17.11.2008 - 12:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Valentin B on 17.11.2008 at 12:33

Last night i listened to Alone Again(the duet with Lemmy), excellent song, great vocal work.

Really? I love both Doro and Lemmy (obviously) but I find their voices don't mix well.
----
- George Carlin
17.11.2008 - 12:44
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 17.11.2008 at 12:35

Really? I love both Doro and Lemmy (obviously) but I find their voices don't mix well.

i dunno, Lemmy's(and Ronnie James Dio's) voice can sound so badass and powerful and rough, yet on this song Lemmy(and Dio on "Rainbow Eyes") they sound so mellow and soft and sad, it's incredible. i also like how Doro and Lemmy's voices mix, and if it weren't for Lemmy's slight british/rough vocal edge they would sound pretty much the same.
17.11.2008 - 12:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Valentin B on 17.11.2008 at 12:44

i dunno, Lemmy's(and Ronnie James Dio's) voice can sound so badass and powerful and rough, yet on this song Lemmy(and Dio on "Rainbow Eyes") they sound so mellow and soft and sad, it's incredible. i also like how Doro and Lemmy's voices mix, and if it weren't for Lemmy's slight british/rough vocal edge they would sound pretty much the same.

If you like Lemmy's sad voice, definitely listen to the song 'Love Me Forever' (from the album 1916). In fact, Doro does a cover of it, its a such a depressing, yet fantastically powerful song.
----
- George Carlin
17.11.2008 - 12:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Doc G. on 17.11.2008 at 12:48

Written by Valentin B on 17.11.2008 at 12:44

If you like Lemmy's sad voice, definitely listen to the song 'Love Me Forever' (from the album 1916). In fact, Doro does a cover of it, its a such a depressing, yet fantastically powerful song.

i don't know that one, but i also love the song "1916" from the same album and "Lost In The Ozone" is pretty damn good too. i'm not really a big fan of motorhead, just some songs here and there but that dude has a unique voice.
01.12.2008 - 11:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
"I Rule the Ruins" came on my IChoonz the other day and upon realizing that it was actually Doro that was playing, i was instantly reminded of how FIYIYIYINE she was and is.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.02.2009 - 10:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Man, a new album was released and I heard nothing about it until now. I should probably get on that.

EDIT: I can't find it on any distro sites, on the website all I see is a German release date, anyone know of a worldwide release date?
----
- George Carlin
03.02.2009 - 11:31
Abattoir

Written by Doc G. on 03.02.2009 at 10:30

EDIT: I can't find it on any distro sites, on the website all I see is a German release date, anyone know of a worldwide release date?

I think that today or tomorrow is the worldwide release date of this album, but I'm not 100% sure.
08.03.2009 - 01:49
DayFly

And yet again Doro manages to include another cringe-worthy German-sung ballad. Her English lyrics are bad enough but at least you're used to those clicheed phrases. I'm wondering if the world will implode if Doro omits her German songs and Manowar cuts DeMaio's bass solos.

Or is it just me?
06.07.2009 - 16:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
On the Warlock's "Best Of" version of "Under The Gun" i get this impression i'm hearing Lemmy Kilmister do backing vocals, is it just me?

Written by DayFly on 08.03.2009 at 01:49

And yet again Doro manages to include another cringe-worthy German-sung ballad. Her English lyrics are bad enough but at least you're used to those clicheed phrases. I'm wondering if the world will implode if Doro omits her German songs and Manowar cuts DeMaio's bass solos.

Or is it just me?

i quite liked "Alles Ist Gut", it didn't sound too typical to me