Metal Storm logo
Machine Head - Disney Forces Another Show Cancellation

Official press release:

For the third time in a row, the corporate powers behind Walt Disney Properties have once again pressured promoter Live Nation into canceling Machine Head's performance at a House of Blues venue on Disney property, this time the December 4th show in Orlando, FL.

While no one is willing to provide evidence that would prove unfavorable to Disney, sources close to events have suggested that Machine Head remains on a "banned list", and while Dethklok, All That Remains and The Black Dahlia Murder will still be allowed to play, the corporate powers at Disney have refused to allow Machine Head to perform.

In 2007, Walt Disney Properties banned Machine Head from the House Of Blues venues in both Anaheim and Orlando, citing "violent imagery", "inflammatory lyrics" and most appallingly "undesirable fans" as the reason. The diversity-impaired corporation began pressuring the promoter with vague threats of liability and reduced job security before placing Machine Head under an internal "review process". Five days later, Walt Disney Properties would convey their alarming decision to the band, less than 48 hours before the first date of 2007's anti-war, anti-religion, anti-conservative-themed The Blackening album headline run at the House Of Blues in Anaheim, CA.

A stunned Machine Head announced the details and disgust regarding the situation and let fans know of the then-rescheduled show 70 miles away at The Glass House in Pomona. In retaliation for that public announcement, Disney cancelled the band's then-upcoming performance at the House Of Blues in Orlando, citing the same absurd reasons, though they would only publicly state that they had "changed musical formats" at the venue.

Machine Head wish to once again extend their gratitude to Live Nation and the House Of Blues for their poise and tolerance throughout these ridiculous developments, unbelievably transpiring here in these United States Of America in this year 2012.

As they are not on Disney property and therefore not subject to the corporation's alleged coercion tactics, the current dates with Dethklok, All That Remains and The Black Dahlia Murder at the Dallas and Houston House Of Blues will go on as scheduled. Unfortunately, Machine Head's Florida performance will not be rescheduled in an effort to avoid creating any conflict with the existing dates on the tour. All refund requests will be honored.

Source: machinehead1.com
Band profile: Machine Head
Posted: 06.11.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 310 users
06.11.2012 - 18:51
Olli
Wow that really is bullshit
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
06.11.2012 - 18:59
Fuck Disney.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
06.11.2012 - 19:00
Permafrost
Fuck a duck.:noidea:
06.11.2012 - 19:18
Wow what the fuck !? This looks like a one-man vendetta, a band like "Black Dahlia Murder" is allowed to play and not Machine Head for those retarded reasons ? That doesn't make any sense.
06.11.2012 - 19:43
Vombatus
Potorro
It's on their property, they do whatever they want with it. Problem would be that people start telling you what should be allowed to play or not on YOUR property.

This said, instead of telling them not to play before they show, they should have signaled the issue before the venue was even booked.

The way they did it just adds unnecessary problems.
06.11.2012 - 19:51
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Wow! That's way fucked.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

06.11.2012 - 20:10
theFIST
Written by Pitwulf93 on 06.11.2012 at 19:31

Wow, I never knew Disney had so much power. I thought they only made movies and had Disneyland/world. Well, FUCK YOU Disney haha

they were also among the main lobbying sponsors for sopa and acta
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
06.11.2012 - 20:11
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
----
06.11.2012 - 20:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
But a man ejaculating fire is okay, lyrics and imagewise.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
06.11.2012 - 20:50
Slyfang

Wow, I never knew Disney had so much power.

You better believe it. Mickey Mouse is the true face of Satan.
06.11.2012 - 20:57
Lit.
Account deleted
First Canada, now this?!
06.11.2012 - 21:48
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
You can't kill rock and roll, it's here to stay...
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
06.11.2012 - 22:07
PocketMetal
But I thought Disney makes cartoons ... (?!)
06.11.2012 - 22:11
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Slyfang on 06.11.2012 at 20:50

Mickey Mouse is the true face of Satan.

no than he would let them to stay and play....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
06.11.2012 - 22:18
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Fuck Disney, their conservative corporatist shit, and fuck their copyrights. If I want to sell a shirt of Mickey boning Minney in the ass, I'll do so you unimaginative fucks! Pirate their shitty movies and sell them to Christian assholes for profit.
06.11.2012 - 22:32
?apleee
Mouthcrab
May the hand of God of God strike Disney doooooooooooooooooowwwnnn.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
06.11.2012 - 22:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
As was said above, I'm not completely against Disney on this, why the hell was the venue considered in the first place?

The management of this whole situation is completely retarded because any company is completely within their rights to ban whoever it wants from its concert venues, but how the hell are songs about ejaculating fire, getting electrocuted through blood, and whatever Black Dahlia Murder is talking about okay while Machine Head is not, I think those "undesirable fans" will only get more undesirable at the actual show.

I think they didn't ban Dethklok because they can relate to the lyrics to "Fansong" :

You're a bunch of banks
that I'd like to rob
You're my on-line cash transaction
you're my future stocks
Transfer you like money
to a Swiss account
Spend you on an impulse
Buy and zero you all out

Hate [16x]
06.11.2012 - 23:28
Wow, welcome to corporate America. Anybody up on the Disney racism debate? Google it. Hypocrites.

Speaking of hypocrisy (not the band lol) enjoy the irony that we get to see this on election day in America.
07.11.2012 - 00:18
RottingDeathHead
kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
They're just a bunch of discriminating pukes!
07.11.2012 - 00:28
MechanisT
Account deleted
Mickey back with a vengeance.
From the dead.
*boards Warner Bros. bandwagon*
07.11.2012 - 01:06
Uldreth
Fuck disney in the ass with a cactus.
07.11.2012 - 04:16
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Violent imagery huh? Donald duck is more brutal than most metal bands wth
----
loves 小巫
07.11.2012 - 06:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by ?apleee on 06.11.2012 at 22:32

May the hand of God of God strike Disney doooooooooooooooooowwwnnn.

This.

Srs, Disney should fucked upstairs.
07.11.2012 - 07:02
Big-Al
Walt Disney funded the KKK anyway.
----

I drink moosepiss
07.11.2012 - 09:00
Symmachus
This is rather stupid. These are rather groundless reason to ban a band from performing from a venue. If a band does something detrimental to the venue or a show at the venue, then banning them permanently would be appropriate, but this reasoning is vague and condescending. Screw Disney and its pathetic double-standard practice here.
07.11.2012 - 16:05
VPeter
Mickey Mouse isn't a fan of Machine Head apparently.
07.11.2012 - 16:27
Qube

Wow, I never knew Disney had so much power. I thought they only made movies and had Disneyland/world. Well, FUCK YOU Disney haha

Well they also own TV channels (ABC group, ESPN, Disney (obviously)) and the asses of Darth Vader, Wolverine and Miss Piggy
08.11.2012 - 03:56
lightndw
It's cause they are anti-illuminati. Disney can't allow that. The New World Order is here
08.11.2012 - 10:54
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Qube on 07.11.2012 at 16:27

Darth Vader, Wolverine and Miss Piggy

Now THAT'S a threesom!
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
09.11.2012 - 04:31
Sonic MrSumo
Fascists!!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.

Hits total: 4817 | This month: 11