Metal Storm logo
Catchy Metal Songs

16.12.2012 - 15:43
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Just as the title suggests, a thread where we can all share the catchiest metal songs dearest to us all. If I've been bad and there's a similar thread that didn't come up on my search, do delete, mighty admins.

As I'm sure we'll all agree, ALL bands have catchy songs, but rather than suggesting albums or bands, let's go ahead and single out a couple of the catchiest tunes out there. No genre limitations, no special criteria, let's just abide by one rule:

I've been looking for playlists of catchy metal songs but usually all I get is the usual: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath. Yes they're catchy, yes they're good. But that's the first thing that usually comes to mind when we think 'catchy'. Let's try to stay away from those bands and songs that are as catchy as they are popular and instead focus a bit more on songs from rather unexpected bands.

Songs that you might have only heard once but good luck getting them out of you head. Ever kind of danced to a grindcore song? Ever whistled the melody of a black metal song and went 'uh, I like that'? And there's a whole shitload of awesome catchy thrash songs out there and I'm sure we all want more.

To clarify, rather than posting a song with 'the catchiest riff ever', let's make it a bit more general. A catchy metal song. ALL bands are welcome, ALL genres are allowed, avoiding the obvious is a suggestion, but I won't come and spank you if your contribution to the thread is 'The Trooper' as I'm sure we can do better than that.

Posting suggestion: Try to scan the thread a bit as to avoid repetitions, and let's keep it clean people, don't post 100 songs at once. If you want to post a video, let's make it one at a time.

I'll start then, and since I'm the first to post I'm adding a video. A 'video'.

Inquisition - Journey to Infernukeorreka, catchy as FUCK.

----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
16.12.2012 - 16:40
theFIST
Written by Linak on 16.12.2012 at 15:43

I won't come and spank you if your contribution to the thread is 'The Trooper'

which song could make you do that?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
16.12.2012 - 16:52
Linak
I Own You Bitch
None. But Marcel might ban spank you one of these days if you don't post me a catchy song soon enough young man. An empty threat? Only time will tell.
----
16.12.2012 - 17:28
enumaelis
The first one that came to my mind was the debut (and seems final) album of the russians Elzevir. The style was very influenced by Ensiferum/Equilibrium, and they had this song... couldnt get rid of the main melody for days!.. and now that I'm listening to it... aaaaaargh sticked in my brain again! XD
----
http://enumaelis.blogspot.com/
16.12.2012 - 18:02
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by enumaelis on 16.12.2012 at 17:28

The first one that came to my mind was the debut (and seems final) album of the russians Elzevir. The style was very influenced by Ensiferum/Equilibrium, and they had this song... couldnt get rid of the main melody for days!.. and now that I'm listening to it... aaaaaargh sticked in my brain again! XD

Cheers man, now we're talking
----
16.12.2012 - 18:04
Uldreth

Pretty well known, but not obvious. Probably the catchiest actual DM song I have heard.
18.12.2012 - 06:11
enumaelis
Written by Linak on 16.12.2012 at 18:02

Written by enumaelis on 16.12.2012 at 17:28

Cheers man, now we're talking

Thanks!
My second contribution. Again a melody that was hard to erase of my brain XD
----
18.12.2012 - 17:13
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Omnium Gatherum - Ego and Korpiklaani - Vodka!

Both are really catchy songs, fun to listen to at parties actually!

Omnium Gatherum - www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZnZVv9wVWg

Korpiklaani - www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7kJRGPgvRQ
19.12.2012 - 02:48
Crucifux
Account deleted

Still can't believe this is their lowest rated album.
19.12.2012 - 23:56
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
The Smoke by Amorphis is usually the first that pops into my mind, I love this song.

----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
20.12.2012 - 01:18
Butters49

Catchy... Like a baseball glove
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
20.12.2012 - 08:13
Misfit74
The Ritual by Destruction
Procreation of the Wicked by Celtic Frost
Ordered Eastward by Hail Of Bullets
Deathhammer by Asphyx
A Dangerous Meeting by Mercyful Fate
Territory by Sepultura
20.12.2012 - 22:13
Kinzoku

Catchy enough for radio play.
21.12.2012 - 00:22
Philly_Boy
Nightingale - Fields of life

21.12.2012 - 00:25
Philly_Boy
Written by Butters49 on 20.12.2012 at 01:18

Catchy... Like a baseball glove

Good choice ! I really enjoy that album !
21.12.2012 - 11:17
Patrick.
Helloween - Mrs. God
Masterplan - Blow Your Winds
Dream Evil - Children Of The Night
Axxis - She Got Nine Lives

At the top of my head, these have monster hooks.
21.12.2012 - 16:20
Philly_Boy
Gojira - Flying Whales

21.12.2012 - 18:24
enumaelis
I think this album from Dark Age in 2004 has some very catchy songs, perhaps these 2 the most ones

----
22.12.2012 - 02:28
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Here's my second contribution. This is also a really awesome song from Katatonia. It's a bonus track from the Night is the New Day sessions. One of my faves from them overall, the chorus is fucking addictive.

----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
22.12.2012 - 02:36
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by enumaelis on 21.12.2012 at 18:24

I think this album from Dark Age in 2004 has some very catchy songs, perhaps these 2 the most ones

Those sound really cool. They each sound very catchy in their own unique way really.
----
22.12.2012 - 06:18
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Probably the most catchy song i've ever heard.

26.12.2012 - 00:09
Guib
Thrash Talker
I think its pretty hard to sort out the catchy songs that I love the most Since there's a shit load of them... But still here are some of
my favorites

Oh and I know I was supposed to post only one video at a time.. but fuck that

Conjuring The Cataclysm - Revocation

Submit To The Suffering - Skeletonwitch

Twisted Into Form - Forbidden

Scum Of The Earth - Barn Burner

War, Wisdom and Rhyme - Baroness

think it should be enough...
for now!
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums