Metal Storm logo
Lykathea Aflame/Lykathé

19.05.2006 - 14:40
/ELVET (O)
Account deleted
Okay, concerning the album 'Elvenfris' I don't think I've EVER come across such a unanimously praised album in my life. On Metal Archives (not the most reliable source I know ) it received 97% overall from 11 people, most of which gave it 100%. Other webzines seem to testify to this. I've had the album for a while but this is my first time through listening to it and I can safetly say it's sounding pretty good so far.

Technical death/grind with atmospheric progressive passages. The clean vocals sound like later Tiamat. 'Tis some very original stuff.

Anyway, I don't know anything about this, I'm intrigued as to what you guys have to say.
19.05.2006 - 16:38
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Well, frankly, I LOVE this band. Their album, Elvenfris is just divine. Many people say that they are overrated but I honestly don't think so. I like every single song, and the drummer, Toma Corn, is godlike! The guitaring and the keyboards(?) are excellent too. I love the use of clean guitars on the album.
I totally and wholeheartedly agree with Herz's review - http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=2380.

I heard rumours that they're gonna release a new album soon? I'm just waiting VERY anxiously for that
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
19.05.2006 - 19:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Love it too. Got a from Nokkk some time ago, thanks Nokkie.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.05.2006 - 08:47
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
*Resurrects*
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
24.05.2006 - 09:23
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Havent heard this band, will have to check them out.
24.05.2006 - 10:34
Falcon
Written by Lucas on 19.05.2006 at 19:57

Love it too. Got a from Nokkk some time ago, thanks Nokkie.

Gheh, I got the whole album from ISAAC some months ago (so thanks to him too;))
What a hellish amazing album that is! I instantly adored it and I still do. Strange kind of atmosphere they create, tough, a technical masterpiece! Ok, I'm going to listen it again right now ghehe! It has been a while now I didn't listen them, the shame!!
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
24.05.2006 - 19:39
mvikred
This is one band that i respect the most after Atheist, Martyr and Death .... its sad that they released only one album till now .. but Elvenefris ... wat an album ... its an amazing album, one of those albums, no matter how many times u listen to u never get bored of. I am jus waiting for their new album under a new band name
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
24.05.2006 - 21:07
Falcon
I thought it's not their only album?

EDIT: Discography:

"Bestial, Mystical & Spiritual (The First Spawn)" [1996] (as Appalling Spawn)

"Freedom, Hope & Fury (The Second Spawn)" [1998] (as Appalling Spawn)

"Elvenefris" [2000]

----

25.05.2006 - 04:06
mvikred
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=2884

tht was my source ... if they did realease some good stuff by the name 'apalling spawn', then i'd rather get it soon and listen
----
25.05.2006 - 13:19
Falcon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lykathea_Aflame
This was my confirming source but I was pretty sure from before Elvenefris was not their only one till now, but their 2nd or 3rd Though, I haven't heard those other 2 albums yet
----

25.05.2006 - 15:34
mvikred
looking into wikepedia now .. and trying to get hold of those albums
----
29.07.2006 - 18:58
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i´ve heard one song and i must say they are very good,
extremely much variation for a single song...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
04.10.2006 - 13:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know one song of them, if you all talking about CZ metl band, i had seen sokme live video from live festival in TV, well sound was poor, but still it was good for death metal band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.02.2007 - 01:43
Stigmatized
Listening to this album for the first time, pretty crazy. Reminds me of "Worlds Beyond the Veil" by Mithras for some reason. Either way, very good so far.
19.02.2007 - 04:42
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I saw their album Elvenefris at eBay once and I put it right into my wishlist; I didn't buy it right away. Then, when I disposed myself to buy it, it wasn't there anymore. For the meanwhile, these shitty Mp3s will have to do the trick. The drummer is pretty good.

P.S. I would swear that I never got to see this thread before here in this forum...
----
Christless
19.02.2007 - 07:38
Wo0dy
Account deleted
this album is fucking hard to find lol but i heard some tracks on myspace and there really good
19.02.2007 - 13:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I know a place for sale, but can't buy it yet. (Due to a promise to myself not buying any albums for a month).

So I reserved it untill the 1st of March. I hope nothing goes wrong, it'd suck so much if they'd still sell it.

EDIT: Thought I'd be a nice guy and give you this adress.

http://www.dis-order.com/search/ <- Search for 'Lyka' and you'll find it. Be quick though, they have only 10 copies and they received those aout 5 days ago! One of those 10 is already reserved for me!
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.02.2007 - 22:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, you are all too late. Now it is sold out again..
----

22.02.2007 - 00:46
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Does anyone know when the next album will come out? I'm curious to hear it because Ptoe is the only remaining original member.
22.02.2007 - 00:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Next album? Never heard anything of that. I have some high hopes already, though.
----

22.02.2007 - 04:24
Stigmatized
Yeah, being released under the name Lykathe I believe.
28.10.2008 - 02:11
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Guest on 19.05.2006 at 14:40

Holy Jesus titty fucking christ this is so good! Why did I not listen to this 6 months ago?!?!

*slaps self*

My thoughts exactly. I've just found this album - and it is amazing!! I've not been so into an album in a long long time.
28.10.2008 - 07:19
Smurfkiller
Account deleted
This band changed their name awhile back, Appalling Spawn is what they used to be called. They have another album under that name, "Freedom, Hope And Fury.

EDIT: Never mind it wasn't a name change, the band split up and the remaining members formed Lykathea Aflame. They're still very good.
29.10.2008 - 13:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 28.10.2008 at 02:11

Written by Guest on 19.05.2006 at 14:40

Holy Jesus titty fucking christ this is so good! Why did I not listen to this 6 months ago?!?!

*slaps self*

My thoughts exactly. I've just found this album - and it is amazing!! I've not been so into an album in a long long time.

Heh heh, yep it's one of those rare perfect 10/10 albums in my opinion. The sad fact is there's little else out there that matches this :/ Except !T.O.O.H.!, kinda.
10.11.2008 - 01:36
matos
So what's up with this band ? still nothing ? and what's the whole deal with the changed name ? they did nothing since then (?)
----
10.11.2008 - 02:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yeh, what is it with these Czech bands that release some amazing material and then just disappear off the face of the earth?
27.06.2009 - 20:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Still a godlike band & album. So far no real info a new album, as far as I know. But dammit, Elvenefris is so incredibly riveting.
----

27.06.2009 - 20:13
Elio
Red Nightmare
Yeah, incredibly intense and killer tech death album, gotta love that shit.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.06.2009 - 20:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah I can't realistically see this album ever being topped by anyone. The lack of new info all these years is a bit worrying really, maybe we won't see anything from them ever again.
07.07.2009 - 10:26
Redwolf
I did a bit of poking around on Czech sites and I found out that the band finished writing 90% of the material for a new album which is expected to be recorded and released later this year