Metal Storm logo
Dying Fetus

Original post

Posted by Immortal Plague, 20.05.2006 - 04:18
Dying Fetus, a great Death Metal band, with many great albums, and even more great songs and riffs, i would like to know from you guys what you like the most about this band, what are some of your favorite songs by them, your favorite album by them, and other things you like about this band, and if you guys also have any criticism please share.
17.01.2007 - 00:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Stigmatized on 15.01.2007 at 16:01

They're amazing live. They made Cannibal Corpse look pathetic.

Dude, they even made Necrophagist look pathetic, and that's not easy to do.
17.01.2007 - 01:06
drum fiend
Account deleted

Well its not really that hard to make cannibal corpse look pathetic but yeah i hope to go to a concert soon.
17.01.2007 - 05:16
Stigmatized
Yeah, good points guys.
22.01.2007 - 01:28
Stigmatized
Looks pretty cool, though nothing special.
22.01.2007 - 02:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Yeah not bad, again nothing speical and nothing that would give the hint that their Death Metal... except the band name.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
22.01.2007 - 04:53
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"Destroy The Opposition" is first class death metal, with great riffs and well this vocalist is a monster, with a deep growling and a heavy attitude... at first it was difficult for me to stand their hardcore edge, but with time they had certainly became one of my favourite bands.
22.01.2007 - 19:20
ASiema113
Written by Dangerboner on 17.01.2007 at 00:37

Dude, they even made Necrophagist look pathetic, and that's not easy to do.

Yes Dying Fetus is the shit & they only played about what?
5-7 songs?
----

Written by [user id=22888] on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
11.02.2007 - 00:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Check out their new song here.

It's pretty good...sounds like Stop at Nothing part 2.
11.02.2007 - 01:00
Stigmatized
There is already a review of the new album up on Metal-Archives. It got a %14.
11.02.2007 - 01:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Metal-Archives is gay. I don't trust any reviews from that site.

Edit - After reading the first two paragraphs of the review, I found a bunch of contradictions. This album seems like it's not going to be their best, but I'm sure it will be better than a 14%.
11.02.2007 - 01:19
Stigmatized
Me neither, I just found it weird that their previous albums got some pretty good reviews from the site and the new one got really bad.
11.02.2007 - 01:20
spirit_inblack
harshhead
The song sounded a little unispired and like the review in M-A mentioned the song titles are not as good as those in the past, but there were definitely some parts about that song that I liked. I just can't make myself believe that a DF album would get 14%.
14.02.2007 - 13:40
Eight
Shapeshifter
Maybe its not a masterpiece but it defenetly deserve more than 14%
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
14.02.2007 - 14:29
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Mmm yeah didnt think the sound was to special either and a little generic. Still dont really like the album cover either... still looking forward to picking the album up though.

Has to be worth more than 14% ... pfft what does MA know :
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.02.2007 - 01:40
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Kevin Talley's drumming always make me laugh, plays like a gorilla lol
17.02.2007 - 02:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Here's an MP3 of another new song, Homicidal Retribution. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'll be able to shortly.

Edit- Ok, I just listened to it and I think it's better than their other new song that was posted. I fucking love the sound of the bass drums.
17.02.2007 - 13:22
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Daaaamn that sounds cool actually, straight up Dying Fetus style. I prefer it much more than the one on they put up on their offical site. Drums dp sound pretty good too.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
18.02.2007 - 02:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've noticed that the drumming doesn't match the technical guitars. The new drummer doesn't seem to be as creative as the past few drummers have been, but it's still not bad.

Still can't wait for it...
01.03.2007 - 01:25
Wo0dy
Account deleted
what did you thinks guy of War of Attrition? i think it they need a new drummer lol and the riffs weren't as technical as previous albums, but its still br00tal
01.03.2007 - 01:25
Wo0dy
Account deleted
what did you thinks guy of War of Attrition? i think it they need a new drummer lol and the riffs weren't as technical as previous albums, but its still br00tal
02.03.2007 - 20:42
kackbratze
War of Attrition is pretty cool really, but as you said the drumming is kindof standard and lame. The new drummer seems to know only double bass, blast beats and standard snare fills. But maybe it's not the drummer's fault. Who knows if he had influence on the songwriting? It would be pretty lame, if they wrote worse drum patterns because of the drummer. They should get a better one then... I really like the tracks "Raping the System" and "Parasites of Catastrophe" though...
02.03.2007 - 22:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
This album will arrive in the mail either today or tomorrow. If not, I will fucking shoot my mail man.
04.03.2007 - 02:23
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I guess I can spare the life of my mail man because the album arrived this morning. After hearing the album once, I like it more than I thought I would. The guitars are slightly less technical, but they're still fun to listen to. The new drummer definitely isn't as good as previous ones, but his style isn't as bad as I initially thought. He hardly lays off the double bass and his drumming doesn't always match the rest of the music. However, he's fast as hell and the production of the drums (as well as the rest of the instruments) is the best I've ever heard. I can't even tell if he's using triggers because of the awesome production, but I'm positive he's using them. The whole album is consistent, but my favorite songs might be Raping the System and Unadulterated Hatred, but I've already forgotten them lol. Overall, this is a good album, but it is a little disappointing, considering the amazing music they've made in the past.

Oh, and the back of the cd case is fairly brutal lol.
05.03.2007 - 14:05
Stigmatized
Gave the new album a listen. Sounds good to me. The guitars were still technical and there were still great riffs. It's no Destroy the Opposition, but it's still worthy of praise.
05.03.2007 - 23:25
kackbratze
@pyroleprechaun: You're right, the new disc has a badass production. A big plus for the album which actually crushes. Gonna give it another listen now!
20.05.2007 - 00:55
I've heard a few of the songs, and some I've really enjoyed, but some have just been too simple for my tastes. Which of their albums is not overly repetitive or cliche?
29.05.2007 - 15:06
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Destroy the opposition...<3
30.05.2007 - 10:24
Stuff1056
Account deleted
War Of Attrition was a bit disappointing. Good, but it can't compare to the old stuff. The muscianship was top-notch but the song writing just wasn't memorable for some reason.
30.05.2007 - 12:25
Throne of Rats
I love the song Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Fucking Dog. Yet I do not know which album its off, any other releases to recommend?
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
30.05.2007 - 13:00
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Throne of Rats on 30.05.2007 at 12:25

I love the song Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Fucking Dog. Yet I do not know which album its off, any other releases to recommend?

Kill Your Mother / Rape Your Dog is on Killing On Adrenaline. If you like that song get that album, also Purification Through Violence and Destroy The Opposition.

@pyroleprechaun - Finally got round to listening to Destroy The Oppostion in full, maaaaaaan its bloody awesome. The riffs and drumming are bloody catchy as, SLAMMING!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf