Metal Storm logo
Draconian

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 20.05.2006 - 13:41
This band has the most depressive kyrics ever ...and when they come with their slow and atmospheric doom melodies it makes a unique feelings ...this band is one of the best bands I heared ever they are so great !!!
I can't wait for their new album...I am sure they can make more from their last to albums... when lovers mourn is great, Arcane rain fell is little worst but also good.
29.09.2006 - 01:02
Soliloquy
THE BURNING HALO comes out tomorrow....

so whos buying?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
29.09.2006 - 01:59
Daru Jericho
Hopefully me!

Of course I'll have to do my fair bit of seaching before I get it...
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

20.10.2006 - 00:21
Soliloquy
so...has anyone picked up the new album yet? any thoughts?

canada is being stupid with immported metal again! so i dont even know if i will get to hear it....:'(
----

-Zakk Wylde
24.10.2006 - 15:52
velvet_d@rkness
Account deleted
"the burning halo" is another masterpiece by Draconian
05.11.2006 - 13:32
RavenClaw
Account deleted
a little dissapointed by the latest album, still "She Burns" and "The Gothic Embrace" are absolutely amazing
05.11.2006 - 21:57
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I just got my copy of The Burning Halo a few days ago and think it's pretty great so far. Have you guys read the message from the band on the last page of the booklet? I didn't realize that they didn't intend this to be a "full length" album... just a release of bonus material like an EP. The first 3 songs are new but the next 3 are remixed from one of their unreleased demos from the 90's, then the last 2 songs are covers.

Aside from the fact that it has 8 whole tracks, it sounds like the makings of an EP. Oh well, whatever they want to call it (or whatever we call it) I enjoyed it very much.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
06.11.2006 - 17:49
Soliloquy
i saw this cd at some store last night. thought of buying it, but changed my mind, coz i rather buy a bulk of cds on boxing day. so far i got these cds on my mind:

jon oliva's pain: taje mahal
savatage: streets
Draconian: the burning halo
Edguy: any cd
Shape of Despair: Shape Of Despair and some other cd
X-Japan: Art of Life...

so yeah.
----

-Zakk Wylde
20.11.2006 - 00:31
Philaenas
Account deleted
I very much like this band! Recently discovered them and loving almost every song. The new album (or EP since it has 3 new songs...) carries one of their best songs "She Dies". I would love to own one of their albums, if I could find them .
27.11.2006 - 07:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Well its not in anyway a bad abum, but compared to the other two albums, its not as good. Id still give it 7/10 though.
04.02.2007 - 11:18
Anathemani@c
Guys, to tell the truth I heard to Draconian some weeks ago and now I have all their alboums. The greatest alboum is of course "Where lover mourn". Absolutely great!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
29.07.2007 - 13:08
Sunioj
Since Im going to be seeing Draconian play soon I though I might as well know get to know their music. This stuff is superb, I never heard draconain till now and I am ever more eager to see them. I heard a song off of The burning called 'she dies' how is their old stuff compared to their newest album?
12.08.2007 - 03:40
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 29.07.2007 at 13:08

Since Im going to be seeing Draconian play soon I though I might as well know get to know their music. This stuff is superb, I never heard draconain till now and I am ever more eager to see them. I heard a song off of The burning called 'she dies' how is their old stuff compared to their newest album?

If you haven't heard Arcane Rain Fell, the album they released in 2005, then you HAVE to. In my opinion, it one of the best Doom Metal album ever. It is actually my favourite album. All the songs in it are just beautiful. You should get it as soon as possible! Especially if you're going to see them live! It's an order!
12.08.2007 - 05:08
Damned-In-Black
They're one of my favourite bands... Don't have a weak release (hard to find a weak song, in fact), but The Burning Halo would have to be my favourite - excepting the closing track it's almost perfect from start to finish.
12.08.2007 - 11:26
Sunioj
Written by Guest on 12.08.2007 at 03:40

Written by Sunioj on 29.07.2007 at 13:08

If you haven't heard Arcane Rain Fell, the album they released in 2005, then you HAVE to. In my opinion, it one of the best Doom Metal album ever. It is actually my favourite album. All the songs in it are just beautiful. You should get it as soon as possible! Especially if you're going to see them live! It's an order!

Thank you ( writes down album name )
12.08.2007 - 18:30
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Sunioj on 12.08.2007 at 11:26

Thank you ( writes down album name )

De rien, you're welcome. You won't regret it, it is far better than the Burning Halo.
12.08.2007 - 18:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I'll check it out as well then, since I like Doom:VS a lot.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.08.2007 - 16:04
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 12.08.2007 at 18:56

Draconian and Doom:VS are not the same... Draconian is more melodic, and there is a female singer...She has one of the very few female voices I can stand. But Johan Ericson, the guitarist of Draconian IS Doom:VS. It's not really a band .
15.08.2007 - 19:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 14.08.2007 at 16:04

Written by Lucas on 12.08.2007 at 18:56

Draconian and Doom:VS are not the same... Draconian is more melodic, and there is a female singer...She has one of the very few female voices I can stand. But Johan Ericson, the guitarist of Draconian IS Doom:VS. It's not really a band .

I know they're not the same. And a one-mans-band IS a band.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.08.2007 - 19:24
Ilham Cotterell
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 15.08.2007 at 19:16

I know they're not the same. And a one-mans-band IS a band.

Aa band is more than 2 people for me. But nevermind...
05.09.2007 - 02:41
Sunioj
Okay, I wasn't able to get the album in time for the show, which was just like a trance, I recognized a few songs as well, especially after smoking some weed. So that fed my want to hear them even more. Now I finally have both albums, and Im listening to Arcane rain fell, and its nothing short of what I heard on stage.
04.10.2007 - 02:46
Elfeder
the gig in Israel was great I have pictures with all the band It was so awesome, I still in shock that they actually arrived to Israel...they are my favorite band and surely that was the best gig I was in.
they even said that they will came back to a longer performance
17.01.2008 - 11:42
CreativeAngels
Account deleted
Well guys i love me some Draconian, everthing everysingle song is like a story from the "Where Lovers Morn" alumb to the "The Burning Halo" alumb, so i am a bit surprised of the sound and the direction they have taken with the "Turning Season Within" alumb, ( i got my hands on a 9 song demo from them )
i am not feeling the same sadness and depths of uneasness i felt with the previous alumbs on all levels Vocally, Musicly and lycricly,

The only songs that have grown on me are "The failure epiphany"," Morphine cloud" and " Seaons Apart"

I know bands try new thing but i hate to see this or even say this but i hope they dont go the path of threarte of tragedy (from doom/gothic soundsscapes to suck @ss tech crap),the alumb feels to Produced, to clean vocaled like the newere Siern alumbs , I am a fan so i will support them on their musical trek and hope they retun to me as the Draconian we all love
29.01.2008 - 13:05
mpdeimos
I hope at least one track on the new album is like "Death, Come Near Me" - this one is the best song i know (followed by Nightwish - Ghost Love Score which was the previous nr1)
i dunno the EP album, but will buy it together with the upcoming one as soon as amazon has it in stores
04.02.2008 - 11:46
MadameDoom
Account deleted
I haven't heard it yet, but a lot of people are saying it's quite disappointing, so I'm still contemplating buying it or not.

Written by mpdeimos on 29.01.2008 at 13:05

I hope at least one track on the new album is like "Death, Come Near Me"

I totally agree with that.

I have the lyric "Cry for the heart who surrenders to pain" on my back

I don't know if anything can beat Arcance Rain Fell.
10.02.2008 - 16:05
annodomini
Turning Season Within is one of the best albums i have heard so far, yes its more heavier and agressive , but Draconian doesnt loose any of their sound and unique, every element of bands past is here, and also a new path is open. I am really happy that they were able to mix something faster with their slow atmosphere, this album is the best mixture between Doom, Gothic, and Heavier metal.
----
the riddle wants to be...
12.02.2008 - 19:36
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
I love their new song Seasons Apart, I can't get enought of it.
12.02.2008 - 19:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Sepulchre on 12.02.2008 at 19:36

I love their new song Seasons Apart, I can't get enought of it.

Yes, I think it's even better on that live clip they have for it too It's got one of those catchy riffs that stays in your head for weeks.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
03.03.2008 - 08:57
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Well the new CD comes out in the US as of tomorrow! I'm hoping the local shop has it The first two tracks have really hooked me...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
20.03.2008 - 03:51
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I've been listening to the latest Draconian several times in the past week, and I've decided it's my favorite release of them yet I was a bit skeptical about what the lyrical theme would be about this time around, since their last albums didn't move me personally much. But not this time, as the band has decided to focus on love (or the passing of it) fully, which fits right into my interests very much. I absolutely love some of the poetry on this CD!

From the song "Bloodflower"...
"The flower never grew
But I love you just the same
Even though like a bird you flew
I will love you just the same"

I can't say everyone will feel the same that I do about the lyrics, but I really think that the band did a masterful job matching the mood of the lyrics with the progressions in the songs. The songs are more subdued as well, instead of trying to be expansive and powerful as they have been in the past. There is a simplicity in the lyrics and the arrangements that I like, as the band doesn't add things that do not need to be present.

Anyway, this album is surely one of my favorites so far this year. I wasn't expecting to identify so much with this CD, but so much of the lyrics seem relevant to many experiences of my past and current love life I cannot resist
----
20.03.2008 - 04:00
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I listened to the promo, and it was sad to note that they threw away the last signs of doom metal. Turning Season Within sounds very generic, melodic death oriented and well, I can't say I liked anything in that album.