Metal Storm logo
Six Feet Under - Vocalist Launches Project, Preview Online

Six Feet Under vocalist Chris Barnes is bringing fans his latest work of sonic deviance in the form of the fittingly christened IHATE. This venture was launched between Barnes and multi-instrumentalist/fellow horror enthusiast Bob Taggett, and their as-yet-untitled debut promises to deliver eight violent tracks of raw death metal brutality and lyrical depravity. You can hear a preview of the track "Seeing Red" now below to whet your appetite.

Chris Barnes discusses the project IHATE: "To me, it really is a masterpiece of brutal, violent death metal! I'm really stoked that if got to work on this album. The fans know that I'm no stranger to writing some sick lyrics, but the stuff I have come up with this time is entirely over-the-top even by my standards. I really want the fans to hear this album and dig into the storylines of the songs. This is the first time I've used crowd-funding to make and release an album. And it's been a very challenging, interesting learning experience along the way. And an eye-opener as well. We are really hoping the fans of death metal will make a pledge and preorder our new album. It's really important to us that this album gets released. This is brutal as fuck."

Several IHATE preorder packages, which include autographed posters and CDs as well as a chance to have a personal listening session with Barnes himself, are available via Pledge Music.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Six Feet Under
Posted: 26.01.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 122 users
26.01.2014 - 13:03
J. N.
Account deleted
I hope he won't suckerpunch me for thinking this is just as garbage like his whole career.
26.01.2014 - 13:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is what I meant once when I told such side projects kills original bands
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2014 - 13:46
Uldreth

Completely banal and uninteresting.

I also don't get this fucking obsession with "lyrical depravity". It is as if this sort of music had no actual purpose to exist, it does not portray anything even close to any human emotions, the lyrics do not have any point to them, and it is not like the music even has any cool atmosphere or anything.
It literally does not have a reason to exist.
26.01.2014 - 14:26
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Uldreth on 26.01.2014 at 13:46
I also don't get this fucking obsession with "lyrical depravity". It is as if this sort of music had no actual purpose to exist, it does not portray anything even close to any human emotions, the lyrics do not have any point to them, and it is not like the music even has any cool atmosphere or anything.

The only band I can think of with positive lyrical depravity is Cattle Decapitation. Every other band's pretty much "were da moast brotalest lol" to me.
26.01.2014 - 16:10
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.01.2014 at 13:24

still makes no sense what you say here. How does a side project kill an original band?

Godawful vocals.
26.01.2014 - 16:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.01.2014 at 16:10

still makes no sense what you say here. How does a side project kill an original band?

Godawful vocals.

less time for original band, more time for side project,
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2014 - 16:22
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

Godawful vocals.

less time for original band, more time for side project,

wow, that's all you can come up with?
26.01.2014 - 16:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 26.01.2014 at 16:22

prove if I am wrong
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2014 - 16:32
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:

prove if I am wrong

It's not side projects that kills original bands, some artists need to express themselves musically otherwise than in the "original band", as you say. They then get back in the "original band" and continue working with it. Look at Dream Theater for example. All members have side project for ideas that don't go with DT. Alex Skolnick of Testament has a jazz-rock fusion project. Does that kill Testament?
26.01.2014 - 16:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Guest on 26.01.2014 at 16:32

prove if I am wrong

It's not side projects that kills original bands, some artists need to express themselves musically otherwise than in the "original band", as you say. They then get back in the "original band" and continue working with it. Look at Dream Theater for example. All members have side project for ideas that don't go with DT. Alex Skolnick of Testament has a jazz-rock fusion project. Does that kill Testament?

it did necause DT trooly sucks and Fates Warning always will be better,
Testament is OK one rare example
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2014 - 16:42
Sean 79

Quote:
Written by Guest on 26.01.2014 at 16:32

prove if I am wrong

Agreed. Gave the last Morbid Angel album another go the other day. Ideas that should of been kept for a side project pretty much killed them off.
26.01.2014 - 16:45
cossaisVendeurs

What the fuck is a Dhate?
26.01.2014 - 16:51
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it did necause DT trooly sucks and Fates Warning always will be better,
Testament is OK one rare example

DT does not suck because members have side projects. You don't like them anyway, I won't say anything more.

Members in fates Warning have side projects as well (OSI, Redemption, Arch/Matheos).
Members of Pink Floyd had solo albums. It did not kill Pink Floyd. They just retired.

Your arguement that musicians need to be with their bands at all time is ridiculous. Musicians take time out of their "original band" when the band is on a break. They have some free time to create some songs on their own, Nothing wrong with that.
26.01.2014 - 17:01
Wukk

Clearly only something for die-hard Chris Barnes fans, and I can't imagine there are many of those.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
26.01.2014 - 18:09
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.01.2014 at 16:51
Your arguement that musicians need to be with their bands at all time is ridiculous. Musicians take time out of their "original band" when the band is on a break. They have some free time to create some songs on their own, Nothing wrong with that.

You get more sense from talking to a wall than talking to K7, dude.
26.01.2014 - 18:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

Right, because Six Feet Under have been dropping masterpieces on us prior to this...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.01.2014 - 18:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.01.2014 at 18:33

Right, because Six Feet Under have been dropping masterpieces on us prior to this...

I never have been fun of this band, but there are many bandw who's mussicans are bussy and left main band
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2014 - 19:04
MetalSpider

IHATE...sponsored by Apple.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
26.01.2014 - 21:05
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief
This is wonderful news. I can't wait for the album to come out just so I can give it a lousy rating.
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
26.01.2014 - 21:45
Uldreth

Written by Guest on 26.01.2014 at 14:26

Written by Uldreth on 26.01.2014 at 13:46

The only band I can think of with positive lyrical depravity is Cattle Decapitation. Every other band's pretty much "were da moast brotalest lol" to me.

If I remember well, early Cryptopsy has some really elquently written "brutal" lyrics that are pretty fun, and I also tend to like some stuff by Benighted and Abominable Putridity (lyrically speaking, otherwise those two are among the few BDM bands I really like) but that is about it. Most of these "brutal for the sake of brutality" stuff just repulses me. Nothing interesting here, and I find it absolutely impossible to make any sentimental connection to this type of music.
26.01.2014 - 22:36
-Morbid-

Vehemence had some pretty "brutal"/sick lyrics on God Was Created that were certainly much better than most of the "mega brutil bro" lyrics lots of bands come up with.
27.01.2014 - 07:27
vezzy
Stallmanite
Let's hope all those cannabinoids haven't strained Barnes' vocal chords too badly.

Who am I kidding, this is an embarrassment.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
27.01.2014 - 07:27
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Fucking awful song.
27.01.2014 - 07:32
BDM666NZ

Lol, will give it a listen when my connection becomes healthier.. but reading these comments, wtf am i doing here haha. elitists much
30.01.2014 - 01:59
Opethian

Right on Barnes

Hits total: 3497 | This month: 4