Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Drummer Suffering From Back Problems

Drummer Jaska Raatikainen of Finnish metallers Children Of Bodom has recently revealed that he was diagnosed with three prolapsed discs in his lower back during the band's fall 2013 European tour. Even though he is doing much better now, Jaska is still not 100% recovered. The band has just begun a North American tour and also released a new lyric video for the song "Sream For Silence" (from Halo Of Blood), available to watch here.

Jaska Raatikainen writes on his Facebook page: "Hi all! As you all know already we started touring again. I know, I have been very lazy here on my page but I was exhausted from all the constant touring that started last summer. It was almost 5 months in a row and I definitely needed these 2 months of doing nothing and giving my time to my family and myself.

"Also, I had very bad back pains during the European tour that I was hospitalised for a day in Spain. They found out that I had three prolapsed discs in my lower back but somehow I made it through the tour. I am stubborn. So, I really needed all this time to recover totally. My back is ok now, but I need to work on it a lot. I am convinced we don't have to cut songs from the set list at all like we did on the Euro-tour some nights. Just to let you know it might happen and there is a reason for it."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 18.02.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 122 users
18.02.2014 - 12:12
neonxaos

Ouch! Get well soon, man!
18.02.2014 - 17:06
Zap
I thought you were gonna retire, Bad English?

Hits total: 2337 | This month: 2