Dead Horse
Demolition Hammer
Cancer
Solsitice
Ressurection

Total votes: 47
21.01.2007 - 22:39
Mega-Slayer
I felt the need to create a thread for all of the bands that are,or where at some point death and thrash metal,I chose bands I am most familiar with.I know most Sepultura was just Thrash,but I thought they deserve a spot,and Malevolent Creation's debut is their only effort I would consider a death/thrash mix.So Malevolent definitley gets my vote,"Ten Commandments" has such an intesity to it,Bret has an insane and punishing vocal performance,the riffs are played at break neck speeds,nice drum work,and prominent bass lines,they really were Slayer on acid.Second I would say Sepultura or Demolition Hammer,love "Beneath The Remains" and "Tortured Existence",I would say Cancer,but they really only have one great album,"Death Shall Rise" with the infamous James Murphy.Funny thing is these bands are all linked,Alex Marquez has layed down drum work for Malevolent,Demo Hammer,Solstice and Ressurection,and James contributed solos to Malevolent,Solstice and Cancer,weird huh?Bottom line is they all are excellent bands and masters of their craft.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
22.01.2007 - 00:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What death/thras band man man man

First my Fav are Epoch Of Unlight becvause it starts like BM/Thrash but leither its death/thrash. Good abnd form USA realy good and interesting band, you all shood know them

Possessed - Man how you forgot this band, its so unique and amazing and are more to genre

Slaughter, - same vords about thsi Canadian band

Sarcofago, Holocausto - Those 2 Brazilian bands are great too and I like them

well death/thrash huh its also Bulldozer, Sodom can be here too and a lot of other bands but still I love Epoch of Unlight

From your list Sepulture
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.01.2007 - 04:29
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I'm between early Sepultura and early Criminal... I voted for Sepultura just because they were the main influence source for the other band.
22.01.2007 - 07:02
Mega-Slayer
Written by Bad English on 22.01.2007 at 00:38

What death/thras band man man man

First my Fav are Epoch Of Unlight becvause it starts like BM/Thrash but leither its death/thrash. Good abnd form USA realy good and interesting band, you all shood know them

Possessed - Man how you forgot this band, its so unique and amazing and are more to genre

Slaughter, - same vords about thsi Canadian band

Sarcofago, Holocausto - Those 2 Brazilian bands are great too and I like them

well death/thrash huh its also Bulldozer, Sodom can be here too and a lot of other bands but still I love Epoch of Unlight

From your list Sepulture

I guess I just consider Possessed to be Death Metal,being the innovators.I am aware of Slaughter,only have heard some of "Strappado",costs an arm and a leg,so dont own their debut.
----

22.01.2007 - 12:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Mega-Slayer - but possessed sound slike death/thrash its hard to define early thrash/death metal band what genre thay are and Slaughter are so good
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.01.2007 - 15:27
Vunts
Since Vader and Yyrkoon are both left out of this poll, i will simply ignore the voting section and leave my opinion only in this post. So to make it plain and clear. Vader are my favourite death/thrash band. And Yyrkoon is my second favourite death/thrash band. I don't see any others breaking up this "list" any time soon or even after a while.
23.01.2007 - 19:39
Mega-Slayer
Well sorry man,I cant please everyone,I didn't think of Vader as Death/Thrash.
----

26.01.2007 - 14:02
Vunts
What then are they with thrash solos and thrash riffs and death metal aggression and song builds varying from death to thrash?
And of course you can't please everyone. It's not like it's possible to fit all the great death/thrash bands into a measly 9 option poll.
27.01.2007 - 01:35
APOHAKC
The Bard
Thanatos is best Death/Trash band, by my opinion of cause
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.01.2007 - 06:24
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Some of My Favorties are Vader, Early Sepultura, Possessed, early Malevolent Creation, but yea you should add more bands if not, add a more variety of bands like Vader, Possessed, early Death, stuff along those lines.
27.01.2007 - 17:30
Stigmatized
I went with Early Malevolent Creation. I like pretty much all of their stuff, so...
27.01.2007 - 21:26
FabricationError
Account deleted
Your list is too little but I went with Early Malevolent Creation cuz they're best on the list.But for me Quo Vadis(before 2004) is the best death/thrash band with its drumgod Yannick Bercier.....
27.01.2007 - 22:24
Markku
Account deleted
Mega-Salyer you have Death and Atheist in your profile as favourite bands but neither of these are here, I'd choose beteen them.
28.01.2007 - 01:42
Mega-Slayer
Written by [user id=3005] on 27.01.2007 at 22:24

Mega-Salyer you have Death and Atheist in your profile as favourite bands but neither of these are here, I'd choose beteen them.

Atheist death/thrash?I dont know why I dont have Death listed,the sound on "Scream Bloody Gore" was the true death metal sound at the time if you think about it,same with Possessed,they were innovators,other bands just changed the style a bit.As for Vader I just didn't think of them,
I could've put other bands like Master,Agressor(france),or Thanatos as well.
----

28.01.2007 - 01:45
Markku
Account deleted
Well, their both old-school death which means they're basically death/thrash.
03.02.2007 - 02:32
Himann
Orm KrigGud
From this list early Sepultura but personally Demilich would be my pick..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
03.02.2007 - 14:17
Valentin B
Iconoclast
wtf? i hope the incubus on your list isn't the incubus most metalheads know(the pop-nu rock band)
03.02.2007 - 16:34
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
huh? i might be confused but , idont think Incubus is a metal band

maybe their early stuff was no so comercial ,but if theay are the dudes that sing the song nice to know you, then this is the wrong time , at the wrong place pal
----
Stay Metal !!!
03.02.2007 - 19:27
Mega-Slayer
No guys it is the true Incubus,later known as opprobrium,they were a death/thrash band in the late eighties and early nineties.Debuted with "Serpent Temptation" which was only available on vinyl,and then "Beyond The Uknown" which is a undeground classic.
----

03.02.2007 - 19:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mega-Slayer on 03.02.2007 at 19:27

No guys it is the true Incubus,later known as opprobrium,they were a death/thrash band in the late eighties and early nineties.Debuted with "Serpent Temptation" which was only available on vinyl,and then "Beyond The Uknown" which is a undeground classic.

Serpent Temptation is available on one cd together with Beyond The Unknown. And was released by Century Media as such,
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.02.2007 - 23:16
MetalSpider
The only Death/Thrash band I can think of is Criminal. So I vote for Criminal...their last album (Sicaro) was great.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
16.03.2007 - 03:59
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
You forgot Darkane!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.03.2007 - 08:24
Mega-Slayer
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 16.03.2007 at 03:59

You forgot Darkane!

It was aimed more towards the old school bands,plus I could've listed plenty more bands than them Loudblast,Agressor,Possessed,Vulcano,Slaughter,Thanatos,early Death and the list goes on.
----

16.03.2007 - 08:37
Sonic MrSumo
I think Sepultura's "Arise" is brilliant. It was the first album I listened to that was deathy - was about 13 at the time. I remember thinking that I shouldn't be listening to this shit - would rot my brain and so on. Oh well, fuck it.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
16.03.2007 - 13:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 16.03.2007 at 03:59

You forgot Darkane!

Darkane death/thrash? Man, they are even purer thrash than Sepultura.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.04.2007 - 05:56
Thrash666
hands down the winner is early Sepultura. no one can beat them in this voting the early shit is fuckin amazing!!!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
01.05.2007 - 21:11
ArchitectSupreme
Account deleted
Written by [user id=19644] on 27.01.2007 at 21:26

Your list is too little but I went with Early Malevolent Creation cuz they're best on the list.But for me Quo Vadis(before 2004) is the best death/thrash band with its drumgod Yannick Bercier.....

I wouldn't say Quo Vadis is thrash at all, more melodic death metal, although I do agree on Yannic being a god. But I would have to go with Vader, followed closely by Defleshed
04.05.2007 - 09:15
FabricationError
Account deleted
Written by [user id=23515] on 01.05.2007 at 21:11

Written by [user id=19644] on 27.01.2007 at 21:26

I wouldn't say Quo Vadis is thrash at all, more melodic death metal, although I do agree on Yannic being a god. But I would have to go with Vader, followed closely by Defleshed

Day into Night sounds like thrash I think.The early ones and the Defiant Imagination can be melodic but all of them contains thrash metal item don't them?.....or maybe I'm a fanatic who writes Quo Vadis everywhere .........
04.05.2008 - 14:16
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
i dont think that we need to choose!! sepultura rulzzzzzz
04.05.2008 - 14:21
Leading The Rats
Account deleted
dude you brought tears to my eyes, i could never imagine someone to know the band dead horse on this forum! anyway, i diasgree about demmolition hammer being death/thrash, they are an extreme band but for me just thrash. same for cancer, plain death. anway i vote for massacra, not just an awesome band in general, but totally forgotten, they deserve much more credit.