Metal Storm logo
IMDb Users

24.05.2014 - 13:52
Ilham
Giant robot
It's a basic human trait to put the things around them in little drawers and label them. And as a basic human being that might have a little obsession with order, I have something for database websites, I like to sort, rate, and comment on the things I like and don't like. So I joined MS, but there's also IMDb! I have been using IMDb for most of its features: information, watchlist, polls, lists, ratings,news, reviews, forum, and even buying theater tickets. If any of you want to share their accounts, lists, or anything IMDb related with other MSers, this is the place. You'll find me under ArsMilitaria.

http://www.imdb.com/
27.05.2014 - 16:17
Ilham
Giant robot
Hey Ars, or Ilham, looks like you're alone on this one.
27.05.2014 - 16:19
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 16:17

Hey Ars, or Ilham, looks like you're alone on this one.

Well yeah, but it's ok, I'm never bored, I can play with myself. But stop quoting me, this is going to attract too much attention. You can call me Ilham.
27.05.2014 - 16:19
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ilham on 27.05.2014 at 16:19

Well yeah, but it's ok, I'm never bored, I can play with myself. But stop quoting me, this is going to attract too much attention. You can call me Ilham.

Dudette, your thread is so getting deleted.
27.05.2014 - 16:40
IronAngel
I've started keeping a list of films I've seen on Listal (also got some unfinished video game lists). Still needs some work to try to remember stuff seen in the past. Maybe I should have done it on IMDB to begin with. I use RateYourMusic for music. For books, I just keep an Excel file. Haven't found a good book database. My book list is just stuff I've read in the past few years, what I could remember when I started keeping it a year ago. Maybe some day I'll try to expand it to cover stuff read in the past, but that's hundreds of children's and youth books I have no way of checking.
28.05.2014 - 01:35
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I'm on IMDb. I lurk, sometimes vote and occasionally post in the forums.

Quite like my behaviour on MS in fact.
28.05.2014 - 02:08
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Azarath on 28.05.2014 at 01:35

I'm on IMDb. I lurk, sometimes vote and occasionally post in the forums.

Quite like my behaviour on MS in fact.

I've seen creepier. Now give me that username so I can lurk through every detail of your life please.
28.05.2014 - 02:16
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by IronAngel on 27.05.2014 at 16:40

I've started keeping a list of films I've seen on Listal (also got some unfinished video game lists). Still needs some work to try to remember stuff seen in the past. Maybe I should have done it on IMDB to begin with. I use RateYourMusic for music. For books, I just keep an Excel file. Haven't found a good book database. My book list is just stuff I've read in the past few years, what I could remember when I started keeping it a year ago. Maybe some day I'll try to expand it to cover stuff read in the past, but that's hundreds of children's and youth books I have no way of checking.

I know a site for books, but it's not as complete as IMDB or MS, but it can help you find connections to new things to read though. I think it's called "my
library thing" or something. That's how I could find books that French people didn't have access to yet (pending translations etc).

I have spent a lot of time on IMDB looking for the stuff I used to watch, and movies I've seen. Now, I can say that I must have found and rated 98 percent of what I remember seeing. I was a huge anime fan when I was a kid and pre-teen, and looking for stuff you knew in French, on a US site, displaying the titles in Japanese, was hard. But with the help of other people's lists, I found everything. But I have a very very good memory. Still, you should give it a try.
28.05.2014 - 02:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ilham on 28.05.2014 at 02:16
I know a site for books, but it's not as complete as IMDB or MS, but it can help you find connections to new things to read though. I think it's called "my library thing" or something. That's how I could find books that French people didn't have access to yet (pending translations etc).

Have you heard of this?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2014 - 02:45
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Troy Killjoy on 28.05.2014 at 02:39

Have you heard of this?

Oh yes I did, I happen to go there once in a while before ordering a batch of books. I didn't sign up though. Is is worth the typing?
28.05.2014 - 02:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ilham on 28.05.2014 at 02:45
I didn't sign up though. Is is worth the typing?

My ex used it regularly and said it was one of the best sites she ever went on for that kind of thing. I can't be sure personally since I don't use it but at least one person I know made good use of it.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
28.05.2014 - 04:54
no one
Account deleted
Yeah i use good reads, very handy
28.05.2014 - 23:59
IronAngel
I just registered on Goodreads, but it does not have the Finnish translations I've read (just checked for Mann's Der Zauberberg, which I'm reading and by the way may be the greatest novel I've read, and it just had the German and some English translation) so it's a little awkward listing stuff there. It is not exactly true to say that I've read John E. Woods' translation The Magic Mountain, but it's by far the most popular entry and would serve the recommendation function a lot better than the original.

How have you solved the issue, if you use it?
29.05.2014 - 02:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I use site and wiki when I need find info about new film, read a plot in both and watch a trailer mainly in YT since IMDB trailers are not avalible in Europe well 70%
I have no account there
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.05.2014 - 13:26
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 29.05.2014 at 02:28
IMDB trailers are not avalible in Europe well 70%
I have no account there

I don't know where you live, then. They are available in Europe.

Anyhow, I use both IMDB and Goodreads just to check info about movies/books, put on watchlist/reading list and later on rate and/or check as seen/read. So, all in all, I'm just keeping track on things that I've seen.
29.05.2014 - 13:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 29.05.2014 at 13:26

Written by Bad English on 29.05.2014 at 02:28
IMDB trailers are not avalible in Europe well 70%
I have no account there

I don't know where you live, then. They are available in Europe.

Anyhow, I use both IMDB and Goodreads just to check info about movies/books, put on watchlist/reading list and later on rate and/or check as seen/read. So, all in all, I'm just keeping track on things that I've seen.

not all 40% maybe less .... it was 2 years ago all trailers, now many dont show ''watch it'' so I think they are banned because some copy rights something
----

apos;'
[image]
29.05.2014 - 14:08
Grind Magus
Weak Cunt
I use IMDB pretty often for keeping ratings of movies & shows that I've watched.
My name there is MetalMohawk.
29.05.2014 - 21:39
Ilham
Giant robot
I don't know where your get your infos BE, I've lived in France and used IMDB there, no problem. And same for Morocco. I think you're confusing with Hulu, or another portal.
29.05.2014 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ilham on 29.05.2014 at 21:39

I don't know where your get your infos BE, I've lived in France and used IMDB there, no problem. And same for Morocco. I think you're confusing with Hulu, or another portal.

pick up some 10 films and give me links I will look if in IMBD page trailer are avalile ..... wanna try
----

apos;'
[image]
29.05.2014 - 23:37
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Bad English on 29.05.2014 at 23:09

pick up some 10 films and give me links I will look if in IMBD page trailer are avalile ..... wanna try

I can't give you links to specific trailers, IMDb launches a singular player that lets you choose from a selection of trailers. At no point you can get a direct link. But I can give you a link to the player : http://www.imdb.com/trailers
29.05.2014 - 23:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ilham on 29.05.2014 at 23:37

Written by Bad English on 29.05.2014 at 23:09

I can't give you links to specific trailers, IMDb launches a singular player that lets you choose from a selection of trailers. At no point you can get a direct link. But I can give you a link to the player : http://www.imdb.com/trailers

2 years ago when I was visiting single movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0783518/

there was a trailer, now there isnt and in such simmilar pages like many diferen movies there are no trailers
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2014 - 00:00
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Bad English on 29.05.2014 at 23:56

there was a trailer, now there isnt and in such simmilar pages like many diferen movies there are no trailers

But that's because they're taken out of the page because the owner of the rights decided to do so. That's not the decision of IMDb. Only the owner of the rights can add or remove a trailer/poster. So it has even less to do with your location.

EDIT: I don't even know why you'd want to watch a trailer for a movie like this. But that's your problem .
30.05.2014 - 00:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ilham on 30.05.2014 at 00:00

Written by Bad English on 29.05.2014 at 23:56

But that's because they're either taken out of the page because the owner of the rights decided to do so. That's not the decision of IMDb. Only the owner of the rights can add or remove a trailer/poster. So it has even less to do with your location.

EDIT: I don't even know why you'd want to watch a trailer for a movie like this. But that's your problem .

it was blind catch only ... and 2-3 years ago there were trailers to 98% of films, nowadyas many are out .. new film on TV I copy name and google it and wiki is 1th then IMDB and I want trailer there so I YT it 96% are there 4 arnt and from those 4% . 3% ae in roten tomatos ... 1% dont exist at all
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2014 - 00:46
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Bad English on 30.05.2014 at 00:27

it was blind catch only ... and 2-3 years ago there were trailers to 98% of films, nowadyas many are out .. new film on TV I copy name and google it and wiki is 1th then IMDB and I want trailer there so I YT it 96% are there 4 arnt and from those 4% . 3% ae in roten tomatos ... 1% dont exist at all

I give up, I'm sorry I don't understand the list of percentages you posted.
30.05.2014 - 00:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ilham on 30.05.2014 at 00:46

Written by Bad English on 30.05.2014 at 00:27

I give up, I'm sorry I don't understand the list of percentages you posted.

3 years ago 98% of trailers were in every singlepage site, till they were re moved
now maybe 30% of trailers are at site rest are in Youtube well 96% are and those what are not are on rotten tomatos like rest of 3%
1% of film trailers are never made
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2014 - 00:52
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Bad English on 30.05.2014 at 00:48

3 years ago 98% of trailers were in every singlepage site, till they were re moved
now maybe 30% of trailers are at site rest are in Youtube well 96% are and those what are not are on rotten tomatos like rest of 3%

Ok, I think I got it. Well, maybe because the promoters and owners of the rights of the movies understood that IMDb's function was not trailers. It's true, YouTube or another platform might be better for trailers. But Honestly, I see a whole bunch of them on IMDB, and the biggest part of the home page is dedicated to trailers. I don't think your figures are right. But I get your point.
30.05.2014 - 01:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ilham on 30.05.2014 at 00:52

Written by Bad English on 30.05.2014 at 00:48

Ok, I think I got it. Well, maybe because the promoters and owners of the rights of the movies understood that IMDb's function was not trailers. It's true, YouTube or another platform might be better for trailers. But Honestly, I see a whole bunch of them on IMDB, and the biggest part of the home page is dedicated to trailers. I don't think your figures are right. But I get your point.

its fuck up if you need google samefilm 5 times to see a trailer-
IMBD is international moviedate base amnd it should be 100% complete and wtf trailer is not like you see movie there, just a trailer what original was ment for promotion reaons
----

apos;'
[image]
30.05.2014 - 01:21
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Bad English on 30.05.2014 at 01:10

IMBD is international moviedate base amnd it should be 100% complete

Nothing can be 100% complete. Is MS complete? No, but you can contribute, and it's the same for IMDb. And I repeat, most of the "vital" information has to be entered by the owner of the rights or a representative. Otherwise we wouldn't have an IMdatabase, but an IMwiki. If the representative doesn't do his job properly, that too bad for the movie that will be less likely to be seen. Now, I'm not arguing this because I have actions in IMDb or because my father created it, but just because you say incorrect things .
30.05.2014 - 02:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ilham on 30.05.2014 at 01:21

Written by Bad English on 30.05.2014 at 01:10

IMBD is international moviedate base amnd it should be 100% complete

Nothing can be 100% complete. Is MS complete? No, but you can contribute, and it's the same for IMDb. And I repeat, most of the "vital" information has to be entered by the owner of the rights or a representative. Otherwise we wouldn't have an IMdatabase, but an IMwiki. If the representative doesn't do his job properly, that too bad for the movie that will be less likely to be seen. Now, I'm not arguing this because I have actions in IMDb or because my father created it, but just because you say incorrect things .

even Metal archives is not complete but i this case metalstorm are more complete as imdb, becausewe have video, lyrics well all posuble sections here
baning trailers from site ,,, well its stupid IMO, taking away , because review and plot I read it sometimes it was like good film, I start to watch it was shit, same I read plot and wtach trailer I realise its shit ... so I need trailer and it would be good if its there all films since like I said 3 years ago all was there
----

apos;'
[image]
20.02.2017 - 21:31
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Today was a sad day.