Metal Storm logo
South Park

Original post

Posted by iMPERiAL_iCE, 02.02.2007 - 17:03
Greetz all,
I just had to start this topic to honour this great show, I love every single episode of it, and I especially love the movie Bigger, Longer and Uncut , these guys are just hillarious, I want to hear what other Metalstormers have to say about this show.

*singing: shut your Fu**in face uncle-fu**er.........

and here is a great link to a game called creat-your-southpark it is COOL:
create-your-southpark

this iz my guy:
09.10.2008 - 04:36
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by [user id=160] on 09.10.2008 at 04:13

Written by Dangerboner on 24.07.2008 at 05:36

At work today I just watched the episode where Kyle kills Jesus by slitting his throat. Blood squirts everywhere and you can hear him gurgling! That's the funniest fucking shit I've ever seen.

I KNOW!!!!

LMAO!

My sister gets offended by that :

lol
well actually alot of ppl get offended by stuff like that...and not only in south park
i don't
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
09.10.2008 - 04:48
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, but that's the beauty of freedom of speech.

I'm watching it right now. It's the WOW epsiode. In about ten Minutes, the new episode will air
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
10.10.2008 - 08:53
nana.MD
Star-Queen
exactlly that's why i think ppl shouldn't get mad with it

...i just finished watching an old one...towelie towel!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
10.10.2008 - 16:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I just watched the new episode The China Problem...it's so ridiculous...totally rips on the Chinese and Indiana Jones movies...great stuff...I think that the Chinese population might have a problem with it but oh well...
13.10.2008 - 02:58
Gigginova
Account deleted
I just got the new DVD an hour ago
21.10.2008 - 03:39
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Did anyone see the breast cancer episode?

Cartman - "What did the Polish monkey say to the breast cancer?"
06.11.2008 - 14:42
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
South Park seems to be the only good show on Comedy Central. And Futurama is out of the question because they betrayed Adult Swim. And anybody who does that is my enemy.
----
Coldgrits
08.11.2008 - 22:20
Gigginova
Account deleted
Thanks to Introspekrieg in the U.S. Election 08 thread, i saw the latest episode
lol it's rediculous but funny, wow.
How did they do all that in just a few days?
13.11.2008 - 10:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I really liked the newest one. I think it was the newest one anyway. It was the one making fun of High School Musical.
----
Coldgrits
13.11.2008 - 17:43
Deathamphetamine
Account deleted
Last 3 seasons really haven't been that funny and I seem to be the only one in this universe who thinks that. The rest are absolute strokes of genius, though.
13.11.2008 - 22:28
DanielViking
Myself version south is on the avatar pic this cartoon rocks!
15.11.2008 - 00:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Obama and McCain as part of a team of diamond hiesters was a brilliant idea...
17.11.2008 - 20:29
Inlé
Series 12 has been awful imo.

The last episode (High School Musical parody) was pretty good though. Loved the new kids psycho dad. I'LL SLAP YOU!
17.11.2008 - 23:03
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Strange, for me, 12th season has been excellent. Maybe not the first episodes - I also haven't seen all but at least the giant guinea pigs, Obama-McCain secret plan, Wendy beating up Cartman and the last episode have been really great. I think it's one of the rare classic animated series these days that is still going strong. Family Guy is pretty much as boring as before, if not worse, the Simpsons keep getting lamer and lamer and well..what more there is, I don't know.
18.11.2008 - 01:09
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by John Barleycorn on 17.11.2008 at 23:03

Strange, for me, 12th season has been excellent. Maybe not the first episodes - I also haven't seen all but at least the giant guinea pigs, Obama-McCain secret plan, Wendy beating up Cartman and the last episode have been really great. I think it's one of the rare classic animated series these days that is still going strong. Family Guy is pretty much as boring as before, if not worse, the Simpsons keep getting lamer and lamer and well..what more there is, I don't know.

I think the Simpsons are doing there thing well, still. They haven't changed there humor like a lot of other shows have done to match the new trend of general randomness that family guy pioneered.... and ruined.
I watched the last new episode and I thought it was funny. Give Simpsons a break and come back too it and I'm pretty sure you'll remember why its still running strong. Well, unless you never found it funny at all.
----
Coldgrits
18.11.2008 - 02:19
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Well, about The Simpsons, I have been a fan since the first time I watched them. Seasons 3-10 of The Simpsons are the highlight of comedy IMO, and I am not exaggerating. Since 11th season or so they have become more slapstick, more random, there's also less social commentary and the subjects have grown to repeat themselves a bit. I am not denying that there haven't been excellent episodes (I loved the "24" parody from the 18th season, for example, from beginning to end) and even weaker episodes have usually some hilarious jokes. But I haven't really enjoyed the episodes from the 20th season which is still somewhat better than seasons 13-16. It seems that they try to make more cohesive episodes but I am not satisfied with the result. The jokes aren't as sharp as they used to be. In the "old days" you could have basically a perfect episode, with brilliant blend of humour and drama and social commentary and also great sense of absurd (the best example for me is the episode about Burns's teddybear).
Anyway, I was quite off-topic. As for South Park, I really can't see any fall in quality. It has rather improved through the years. A small culmination was the Imaginationland trilogy were basically all the best parts of the show were put together, and more. And still 12th season has been really strong also. The Obama-McCain episode is maybe the best example of that great sense of absurd, mixed with social commentary, that is missing from The Simpsons, although the humour appropriate for the latter is still different, of course. I am not saying that The Simpsons should have South Park styled jokes. It would probably be awful then.

But The Simpsons remains my favourite animated TV show, no matter what, the history they have can't be beaten.
18.11.2008 - 22:45
Deathamphetamine
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 18.11.2008 at 01:09

I think the Simpsons are doing there thing well, still. They haven't changed there humor like a lot of other shows have done to match the new trend of general randomness that family guy pioneered.... and ruined.

What are you talking about? The Simpsons have completely changed their humor and writing style over the years. For the last 6 or so seasons the focus of the show has shifted towards zany antics and off the wall humor to fit the 21st century, which I personally think they fail miserably at. The earlier episodes to the new ones are like night and day. It was simply a show better suited for the 90's.
20.11.2008 - 22:30
totaliteraliter
Written by John Barleycorn on 18.11.2008 at 02:19
A small culmination was the Imaginationland trilogy were basically all the best parts of the show were put together, and more.

I'm amazed how much some people liked this, these were the episodes that pretty much made me give up on the show. It was 90% slick animation and "plot" and 10% jokes - and all of the jokes were recycled ones from earlier episodes. And it went on for three weeks! It seems like the show doesn't even try to be funny nearly as much as they did before, like they've been trying to prove something since the "family guy" episodes. Too much plot and extravagant animations, too many characters who have been completely changed and barely resemble the ones that made us laugh in the early days (i.e. angry idiot Cartman became evil douchebag Cartman, irreverent gay homophobe Garrison became whiny post-op transsexual Garrison), and not enough jokes. They seem to try so hard now not to have jokes that aren't directly relevant to the plot that they go minutes without even trying to be funny. They ought to just stop for a few years and watch a bunch of Monty Python to get some inspiration.
20.11.2008 - 23:31
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Written by totaliteraliter on 20.11.2008 at 22:30

Written by John Barleycorn on 18.11.2008 at 02:19
A small culmination was the Imaginationland trilogy were basically all the best parts of the show were put together, and more.

I'm amazed how much some people liked this, these were the episodes that pretty much made me give up on the show. It was 90% slick animation and "plot" and 10% jokes - and all of the jokes were recycled ones from earlier episodes. And it went on for three weeks! It seems like the show doesn't even try to be funny nearly as much as they did before, like they've been trying to prove something since the "family guy" episodes. Too much plot and extravagant animations, too many characters who have been completely changed and barely resemble the ones that made us laugh in the early days (i.e. angry idiot Cartman became evil douchebag Cartman, irreverent gay homophobe Garrison became whiny post-op transsexual Garrison), and not enough jokes. They seem to try so hard now not to have jokes that aren't directly relevant to the plot that they go minutes without even trying to be funny. They ought to just stop for a few years and watch a bunch of Monty Python to get some inspiration.

Well, I of course totally disagree with you although I can't really confidently argue that the jokes in that trilogy weren't recycled, one of the reasons being that I just tend to forget older episodes. I still can refer to some points that I consider original enough - the whole sucking Cartman's balls thing, the idea of terrorists invading imaginationland, Kurt Russell getting raped, for example (btw. the raping part was definitely among my favourites). Where one sees only repetition of a same formula, the other sees difference (in repetition) which is big enough to value it. South Park is IMO that kind of TV show which works very well by basically taking most primitive cliches from pop culture and adding them certain twist. Making the Cartman's quest to get Kyle to suck is balls very "epic" is one example here, again. Another good example would be the parody of "Day after Tomorrow" (I'm not sure which season it was, though).
The way I approach to South Park is forgetting most of what there has been featured before. It really doesn't matter whether the characters there have any integrity, it is enough that Cartman will act as an asshole in some way. I'm not sure whether this clarifies anything, but I'd say that for me South Park is mostly about form, not content. That is why I enjoyed seeing Cartman taking a crap on Garrison's desk (and the whole "Major Boobage" episode actually), for example. It was funny because it was stupid, it didn't even try to be meaningful. I like shallowness when it has style. Speaking about the latter is on the level of intuitions, of course, and intuitions are a way to block discussion and I shouldn't appeal to them. I still tried to bring out some of my reasons, too.

But my favourite episode would probably be the one with Jennifer Lopez and Cartman's hand. I don't remember the title.
21.11.2008 - 05:26
totaliteraliter
Written by John Barleycorn on 20.11.2008 at 23:31
Well, I of course totally disagree with you although I can't really confidently argue that the jokes in that trilogy weren't recycled, one of the reasons being that I just tend to forget older episodes. I still can refer to some points that I consider original enough - the whole sucking Cartman's balls thing, the idea of terrorists invading imaginationland, Kurt Russell getting raped, for example (btw. the raping part was definitely among my favourites). Where one sees only repetition of a same formula, the other sees difference (in repetition) which is big enough to value it.

These jokes were recycled, though - they were recycled for three consecutive episodes. There was maybe enough material in that trilogy for one half-decent episode. I just miss the shows being about humour more than about making a point. I see almost nothing in the show now that made me grow to like it back when the first couple seasons began, and that's why I don't watch the new ones anymore. It's not that it's terrible, it's just not the same show anymore and it's not one I find consistently entertaining.

21.11.2008 - 09:50
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I probably see what you mean. I can't stand newer episodes of "The Simpsons" for the same reason that they are completely different from the earlier ones. But since I was relatively indifferent towards the first seasons of South Park, this problem simply doesn't arise here.
27.11.2008 - 03:47
Gigginova
Account deleted
Everyone go to southparkstudios.com and watch the "There's Vampires In School!" episode. lol.
It shows how the poser types pollute the goth sub-culture through insecurity and ignorance
27.11.2008 - 23:12
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Those damn time travelers are TAKN R JoBS!!!!.... "they took our jobs"
----
Coldgrits
15.03.2009 - 00:38
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone seen the new episode? The one where Kenny gets a bj and Mickey Mouse says the Jonas Brothers are "fucking faggots" and that "Christians are retarded"?

One of my favorite episodes already
15.03.2009 - 13:01
Deus Ex Machina
I SAW IT, WASN'T IT AMAZING?

One of my favorite parts was when Mickey Mouse beat up one of the Jonas Brothers and called him all those names. But it's hard to choose really. The scene where they showed the audience at the concert was so funny. And...BAYBEY!!
Jonas Brothers seem to be such a disturbing band irl.

Ah..Mickey Mouse selling sex to little girls <3
15.03.2009 - 16:12
brapp32
The new episode was great. I was showing my friend the mickey mouse parts on you tube and he almost pissed his pants. Mickeys laugh was hilarious.
15.03.2009 - 17:27
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Giant Mickey Mouse reeking havoc in the streets was funny as hell
16.03.2009 - 19:10
parallax
Oh man that new episode was amazing!! Mickey's laugh throughout his speech to the Jonas Brothers had me on the floor.
20.03.2009 - 16:00
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
The brand new episode is up and running now...it's one of the best ones they've put out in awhile...
20.03.2009 - 19:21
tulkas
el parcero
The one that's made me laugh the most is probably the wall-mart episode, specially bcause when everyone dies, all the shit comes out of their ass,that was amazing, and even more when it also happens when the wall-mart 'dies'
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top