Metal Storm logo
Blut Aus Nord - Premiere New Track

Blut Aus Nord fans rejoice! You don't have to wait any longer to hear something from their new album Memoria Vetusta III - Saturnian Poetry. The band just debuted online the song "Paien," the first one you get to hear below. The black metallers' new album features the drummer Gionata "Thorns" Potenti. How is the new song sounding to you?

Pre-orders are available in several editions at this location. Memoria Vetusta III - Saturnian Poetry will be released by Debemur Morti Productions on October 10th.

Created by Kristian "Necrolord" Wåhlin

Tracklist:
01. Prelude
02. Paien
03. Tellus Mater
04. Forhist
05. Henosis
06. Metaphor Of The Moon
07. Clarissima Mundi Lumina

Blut Aus Nord return two years after its last full length album Cosmosophy, the conclusion of the trilogy "777" .

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Blut Aus Nord
Posted: 25.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 160 users
25.09.2014 - 16:59
Electes
Probably the best music I've heard from Blut Aus Nord in decades. A lot of the riffs channel Far Away from the Sun, which is remarkable. I expect the fan boys/girls to hate on this, but whatever. The band has finally got me to like (some) of their music, so woot!
25.09.2014 - 17:01
Vombatus
Potorro
Sounds excellent

At first I thought it would be like MVII (the initial riffs, quite underwhelming) but then, when the clean vocals kick in and the riffs get consistently better and fresh.... holy shit ! Especially around the 1/3 of the song, with the keyboard, gets again even better. Second half is crazy good.

It feels once again quite different from the rest of the MV series, and hopefully will be much better than MVII but kinda doubt it will have the same effect as the first one.

The fanboy in me is satisfied
25.09.2014 - 17:24
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I'm liking this a lot.
Many may disagree but I always though BAN is better doing straightforward black metal than experimental
*hides*
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
25.09.2014 - 17:39
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I tried the previous MV's and they were quite boring, but hey, this is a nice tune.
25.09.2014 - 18:27
God Alone
Like MVII, sounds a bit confusing at first but gets better and better with each listen.
I love both sides of Blut, so I can't wait for the whole thing.
25.09.2014 - 19:54
moonflash
Gott aus Nord.
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
25.09.2014 - 20:43
Fearmeister
Account deleted
This sounds just like MVII. In fact, I didn't really even notice a difference between the two :/
25.09.2014 - 21:53
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Surprised Jooe still hasn't commented on this.
25.09.2014 - 22:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 25.09.2014 at 21:53

Surprised Jooe still hasn't commented on this.

Someone posted it in the shoutbox earlier it's pretty decent. Didn't seem worth commenting here just to say that =P
25.09.2014 - 22:33
Gothmog_Motsham
I don't know why I would like to hear some folk influence in this new record, perhaps some flute samples and a shitload of acoustic passages would totally make sweet love to my ears :3
25.09.2014 - 22:52
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 25.09.2014 at 22:20

it's pretty decent.

Maybe then I will check out this song eventhough I prefer to wait for the full length anyway.
25.09.2014 - 23:12
Malignar
Kinda late 90's Sacramentum sounding. I like it, a lot.
25.09.2014 - 23:15
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Something generic something something generic something
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
25.09.2014 - 23:31
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 25.09.2014 at 22:33

I don't know why I would like to hear some folk influence in this new record, perhaps some flute samples and a shitload of acoustic passages would totally make sweet love to my ears :3

I really can't find the words.

26.09.2014 - 00:43
Gothmog_Motsham
Quote:
Quote:

I really can't find the words.

I take it you don't fancy folk music and acoustic passages that make sweet love to one's ears.
26.09.2014 - 00:45
mz

Please, I beg you. Don't make such wishes for the sound of this band :'(
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
26.09.2014 - 00:52
Gothmog_Motsham
Written by mz on 26.09.2014 at 00:45

Please, I beg you. Don't make such wishes for the sound of this band :'(

Why not? Can you please tell me what is so awfully wrong with having a folk influence in the sound of a band that does not repeat itself so very often. You know, kind of a plot twist in the band's sound perhaps, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but it won't hurt to experiment.
26.09.2014 - 01:02
mz
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 26.09.2014 at 00:52

Why not? Can you please tell me what is so awfully wrong with having a folk influence in the sound of a band that does not repeat itself so very often. You know, kind of a plot twist in the band's sound perhaps, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but it won't hurt to experiment.

First of all, because I don't like most of the folk metal music I've heard.
Moreover, these folk elements you mentioned don't fit the vision and personality of BaN. I know that you were talking about MV III album, which is melodic and "beautiful" as their label says, but using flute and accousitc parts will not be a natural element in the sound of a band with avantgarde take on industrial black metal. Fold music is too "cheesy" for this band.
Tbh, I'm still not sure of you were serious in the first place.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
26.09.2014 - 01:05
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 26.09.2014 at 00:43

I take it you don't fancy folk music and acoustic passages that make sweet love to one's ears.

I get my folk fix elsewhere, when it is rightly used, makes sense, and doesn't sound cheesy. Which means certainly not in metal . I just really don't think this is the direction for BaN to take. I already hate the idea of them going back to making melodic bm to be honest.
26.09.2014 - 01:12
Gothmog_Motsham
....but using flute and accousitc parts will not be a natural element in the sound of a band with avantgarde take on industrial black metal. Fold music is too "cheesy" for this band.

This is exactly why I think they should do it It will be totally unexpected, like a slap to the face and unpredictable turn of events like "whst the fuck just happened here" plus I was not referring to bouncy, eluveitie-isque flue parts (god forbid), I was talking about something darker and more sinister, but then again, who am I to decide? I guess being avantgarde isn't about experimenting anymore.
26.09.2014 - 01:21
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 26.09.2014 at 01:12

....but using flute and accousitc parts will not be a natural element in the sound of a band with avantgarde take on industrial black metal. Fold music is too "cheesy" for this band.

This is exactly why I think they should do it It will be totally unexpected, like a slap to the face and unpredictable turn of events like "whst the fuck just happened here" plus I was not referring to bouncy, eluveitie-isque flue parts (god forbid), I was talking about something darker and more sinister, but then again, who am I to decide? I guess being avantgarde isn't about experimenting anymore.

...And release it on April 1st .

If it's Elend-esque fear-inducing flutes/oboes and ambient passages. Maybe. Maybe not. Now I can aaaaaaaalmost imagine what you're talking about.

*Lowers the gun*
26.09.2014 - 01:36
Gothmog_Motsham
Quote:
If it's Elend-esque fear-inducing flutes/oboes and ambient passages. Maybe. Maybe not. Now I can aaaaaaaalmost imagine what you're talking about.

*Lowers the gun*

Yay someone finally got the idea even if it's far fetched I'd still find it awesome to be made. dark and evil flutes tortured and distorted to the point of madness...OK I need to lay off the mushrooms for a while.
26.09.2014 - 02:51
Lit.
Account deleted
Flutes?

In my Blut Aus Nord?

It's more likely than you think.
26.09.2014 - 11:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Can't find the song anywhere... the fuck?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.09.2014 - 11:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.09.2014 at 11:24

Can't find the song anywhere... the fuck?

The soundcloud track works fine for me =P
26.09.2014 - 11:26
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 26.09.2014 at 11:25
The soundcloud track works fine for me =P

Hmmmm, the reason could be that I'm using a computer from the University's librery. I dunno.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.09.2014 - 11:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.09.2014 at 11:26

Hmmmm, the reason could be that I'm using a computer from the University's librery. I dunno.

Most university and general library computers I've ever used are usually missing a bunch of plugins (for safety reason I guess) so I wouldn't be surprised.
26.09.2014 - 18:44
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Nothing special really...
26.09.2014 - 22:43
Erik M.
Written by Guest on 25.09.2014 at 22:20

it's pretty decent. Didn't seem worth commenting here just to say that =P

Oh come on, just admit that it's awesome.
26.09.2014 - 22:49
Erik M.
Written by mz on 26.09.2014 at 01:02

First of all, because I don't like most of the folk metal music I've heard.
Moreover, these folk elements you mentioned don't fit the vision and personality of BaN. I know that you were talking about MV III album, which is melodic and "beautiful" as their label says, but using flute and accousitc parts will not be a natural element in the sound of a band with avantgarde take on industrial black metal. Fold music is too "cheesy" for this band.
Tbh, I'm still not sure of you were serious in the first place.

Even though I'm very fond of black/folk metal, I have to agree with mz on this one. Folk doesn't suit BAN at all I'd say. But Windir for example does an awesome job at black/folk metal. For the record, I really dislike pure folk (unless it's ambient/atmospheric folk such as Nest, for example) but I'm very fond of black/folk and folk/doom.

Hits total: 4213 | This month: 14