Metal Storm logo
Steven Wilson - New Album Teaser, Release Set For February 2015

As you know, Steven Wilson is working on the follow-up to his latest solo album The Raven That Refused To Sing (And Other Stories). And now here is something to whet your appetite for the new record. Steven Wilson is recording his new album at AIR Studios with his band. The album will be released in February 2015. Below you find a 6-minute short by Lasse Hoile of Steven Wilson and band working at AIR Studios last month, including previews of the new album as a work in progress.

Steven Wilson said of the album: "I won't say too much about it now, just that it's another project where the music, story, and visuals all work together, and that we're trying to raise the bar again. Pretentious, and proudly so!"

Photos from the studio by Lasse Hoile

Source: kscopemusic.com
Band profile: Steven Wilson
Posted: 13.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 127 users
13.10.2014 - 12:55
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Can't wait.....
13.10.2014 - 14:28
MikeVonDoom

I want Porcupine Tree!!!!
13.10.2014 - 17:04
Lit.
Account deleted
Porcupine Tree, plz.
13.10.2014 - 17:19
Panterica

He said less Jazz this time. Why would he want less Jazz??
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
13.10.2014 - 18:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
We should form a MS alliance to get Porcupine Tree back

Seriously though, I've come to accept Wilson's solo work and I'm actually looking forward to this. He says it features elements of all of his career, so I'm sure I'll find some PT in there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.10.2014 - 20:18
Korah

Why are you asking for Porcupine while Steven is getting better and better with this new project ?
I'm a huge fan of Porcupine, but his solo project gave a new dimension to his work and it's good to see him so more productive! The next album will be great witout a doubt.
----
Don't cry for my English
13.10.2014 - 22:57
InnerSelf
proofread free
After going through the albums from his solo work I don't really think he's particularly getting better, but rather getting less experimental; and although I really dig his latest work I think it's too much "ordinary" prog when compared to Insurgents for instance which was pretty special in terms of variation and the incorporation of interesting elements.
I'm really looking forward to hearing what he'll come up with this time around.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
14.10.2014 - 18:27
JayMo4

I'll always love PT, but I love the solo stuff as well, and in any case wouldn't dream of trying to push an artist like SW to do what I want. That's not what got him this far, after all.

I'm very excited to hear this one.
05.11.2014 - 02:09
Argônio

I don't think any Steven Wilson's solo albums will overcome PT works, but I'm still hoping this new upcoming will surprise me. (I'm dreaming too much...)
05.11.2014 - 09:13
JohnDoe
Account deleted
This sounds so promising, I'm looking forward to this album.

Hits total: 3541 | This month: 4