Metal Storm logo
Slayer - New Song Available For Streaming

Are you ready for some thrash? Today, it comes courtesy of Slayer, which are dropping a new album tentatively scheduled for release in August via their new label Nuclear Blast Records. The American thrash metal titans will release the new song, "When The Stillness Comes," this weekend on a picture-disc for Record Store Day, but you can stream the eerie new track below! Dive in now.

Guitarist Kerry King says of this track: "It's about a dude who wakes up at a crime scene and realizes he's killed everybody."

"When The Stillness Comes" is one of 12 new songs that will appear on their upcoming new record, their first since 2009's World Painted Blood which will also be the band's first album since the death of founding guitarist Jeff Hanneman in 2013 and the departure of drummer Dave Lombardo that same year. Exodus guitarist Gary Holt has been filling in for Hanneman, and the band also now features returning drummer Paul Bostaph.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 16.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 59   Visited by: 331 users
16.04.2015 - 20:53
Maco
Pvt Funderground
The song sounds much better than Implode and a lot of tracks from their last 2 albums. I might even give this album a chance.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
16.04.2015 - 21:00
MyNameJeff
:/ I don't like this very much.
16.04.2015 - 21:35
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
The riffs are pretty dull and I hate the choice of distortion. It's too fuzzy. I give it a 6 out of 666.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
16.04.2015 - 21:49
Joppe
Steelemeister
The last 30 seconds are alright
----
My vision is augmented
16.04.2015 - 22:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And what is this ... it suppose be I dunno? why we overate this band now, its shit compare whit 80's and early 90's album, 'Seasons In The Abyss'' Is last band salbum what is good, after , its just close,
same I don't get whole ''tRoO'' metal fans say Venom rules, its black metal (they say)
Sorry I don't worship bands, don't write glorified reviews when band sucks, I don't work in metal industry I am free commentator and I thibk this song is weak/week
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.04.2015 - 23:20
Daniell
_็ˆฑๆƒ…_
Elite
I love the sound of guitars here. The whole song is very good too.
16.04.2015 - 23:30
exomorphyx89
Written by Bad English on 16.04.2015 at 22:15

And what is this ... it suppose be I dunno? why we overate this band now, its shit compare whit 80's and early 90's album, 'Seasons In The Abyss'' Is last band salbum what is good, after , its just close,
same I don't get whole ''tRoO'' metal fans say Venom rules, its black metal (they say)
Sorry I don't worship bands, don't write glorified reviews when band sucks, I don't work in metal industry I am free commentator and I thibk this song is weak/week

You are right man!
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
16.04.2015 - 23:31
sbgmetal
Dont like how the snare sounds, and the song is pretty boring, kerry must be pretty out of tune with what fans want to hear
17.04.2015 - 00:19
Sword_Chant
I agree with most, when you play anything from Reign In Blood or Seasons In The Abyss then come back and give this another listen, this = fairly average material. I thought the start was cool though, sounded promising for the first 40 seconds.
17.04.2015 - 00:20
Zap
I'm pretty sure I pressed play, but I'm note sure whether it just ended or it never even started.

It might also still be playing.
17.04.2015 - 01:08
Daniell
_็ˆฑๆƒ…_
Elite
Written by sbgmetal on 16.04.2015 at 23:31

Dont like how the snare sounds, and the song is pretty boring, kerry must be pretty out of tune with what fans want to hear

He should never, ever give a fuck about what fans what to hear. He should make the music he wants. Like any other band in the world.

Saying "it's bad, because it's not what I wanted to hear" is completely preposterous.
17.04.2015 - 01:33
Mattybu
Damn, this is the musical equivalent of eating a plate of white rice with nothing on it. Not even the tiniest bit stimulating or interesting.
17.04.2015 - 01:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mattybu on 17.04.2015 at 01:33

Damn, this is the musical equivalent of eating a plate of white rice with nothing on it. Not even the tiniest bit stimulating or interesting.

I'll take a plate of white rice any day of the week instead of Slayer playing songs like this.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.04.2015 - 01:42
Mattybu
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2015 at 01:35

I'll take a plate of white rice any day of the week instead of Slayer playing songs like this.

17.04.2015 - 01:42
Ilham
Giant robot

That's a quite good analogy.
17.04.2015 - 01:43
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Love it. I like it when a band does something different. Loved World painted blood too.
17.04.2015 - 01:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 17.04.2015 at 01:43

Love it. I like it when a band does something different. Loved World painted blood too.

How is this different to the slow stuff they have done before, except that it is way more uninspired and jaded sounding?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.04.2015 - 01:46
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 17.04.2015 at 01:42

That's a quite good analogy.

I miss the days when my Slayer was more exciting. Since I have a soft spot for them, I try and find redeeming qualities about stuff like this, but I can't. I'm past the point where I would ever want to listen to this more than once.
17.04.2015 - 01:50
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 17.04.2015 at 01:46

I miss the days when my Slayer was more exciting. Since I have a soft spot for them, I try and find redeeming qualities about stuff like this, but I can't. I'm past the point where I would ever want to listen to this more than once.

Completely understandable. I even wonder if I'll listen to the album when it comes out.
17.04.2015 - 01:54
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 17.04.2015 at 01:50

Completely understandable. I even wonder if I'll listen to the album when it comes out.

I don't think I will. I'm also past the point of worrying about other peoples' grounds for what constitutes a "true fan" of something (I was never really too concerned about it, but when I was younger and in times past stuff like that would get to me) and I'm fine with being a serious Slayer lover and not bothering with their new crap.
17.04.2015 - 01:55
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2015 at 01:44

Written by Guest on 17.04.2015 at 01:43

How is this different to the slow stuff they have done before, except that it is way more uninspired and jaded sounding?

I think its very different. Its my personal opinion.
17.04.2015 - 01:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 17.04.2015 at 01:08

He should never, ever give a fuck about what fans what to hear. He should make the music he wants. Like any other band in the world.

Saying "it's bad, because it's not what I wanted to hear" is completely preposterous.

But then he should also remember fans paying bills, buying (small part) of CD's going to concerts and so on, of corse he can do he is rich, but still bands should remember who pay the bills... but unfortunately most metalheads still will go and see band live because they see NAME
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.04.2015 - 02:14
mz

Hey I actually quiet like white rice
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
17.04.2015 - 02:21
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by mz on 17.04.2015 at 02:14

My rice is very chatty and I like that.

That doesn't surprise me about you at all, joke aside.
17.04.2015 - 02:30
mz
Written by Ilham on 17.04.2015 at 02:21

That doesn't surprise me about you at all, joke aside.

This doesn't surprise me about you, or myself, either at all :p
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
17.04.2015 - 03:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by mz on 17.04.2015 at 02:14

i prefer my rice noisy. like Snap, Crackle, and Pop.

haven't heard the song yet, anyone expecting them to sound like 1989 is expecting too much at this point.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.04.2015 - 04:50
Malignar
Much better production than the last album. The song is less offensive than I thought it would be. Nothing extreme or even interesting about it though. Matt Hyde is a scourge on the metal genre. I assume he doesn't even listen to metal after listen to some of his production jobs, Frosthelm etc.

I really don't think our old boy King has it in him to write anything interesting anymore. It's funny when artists play some pretty interesting stuff (much of hell awaits album specifically) and then they come out with stuff like this. There is nothing in common...it really makes me wonder what they think when they write. Maybe I would need to be an "artist" to understand how a band that writes a brilliant thrash/death metal album can write bad groove metal and think it is alright.
17.04.2015 - 05:45
Malignar
Written by deadone on 17.04.2015 at 05:00

Written by Malignar on 17.04.2015 at 04:50

Maybe I would need to be an "artist" to understand how a band that writes a brilliant thrash/death metal album can write bad groove metal and think it is alright.

Cause their tastes have changed over the course of 30 years?

Maybe we should start identifying them as groove metal? Would they agree with that? I understand testosterone drops after age 35. I'm 37 and would find it difficult to come up with a song that was full of energy. This site is full of contrarians, but there is no denying this is not invigorated powerful rebellion infused metal. I wish them the best but I would have hung it up at God Hates Us All (just the name of the album would make me end the damn band).
17.04.2015 - 06:26
sbgmetal
Written by Daniell on 17.04.2015 at 01:08

cool story bro
17.04.2015 - 06:39
Shmyt
Honest;y, I don't know what I even expect when I click on a new Slayer song anymore. I guess It's going to be like the Matrix: such a shame they never made any follow ups after the new millennium, oh well, at least they ended on a high note.

Hits total: 4873 | This month: 10