Metal Storm logo
Helloween - New Single Released, Lyric Video Online

The first song from Helloween's new album is here! The power metal heavyweights released digitally today their first single from the upcoming record My God-Given Right. In one week, on April 24th, the 7inch will follow. You can also hear the new track and enjoy the brand new lyric video for "Battle's Won" here right now.

How was that for the first taste of the new record?

Artwork by Martin Häusler

Their 15th studio album My God-Given Right is due on May 29th (Europe), June 1st (U.K.) and June 2nd (U.S.) through Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Helloween
Posted: 17.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 184 users
17.04.2015 - 21:35
Byners

Did not like.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
17.04.2015 - 22:06
Metal Invader

I think that "Battle's Won" is a little weaker than what I thought it would be but still it is a pretty good song..starts promising but from the middle becomes a little "watered down".
Video is ok but I expected something better than that!
17.04.2015 - 23:18
Skoda

Sounds like your typical Helloween fare, though I did like how incredibly corny-sarcastic the chorus sounds. Hopefully the rest of the album is more adventurous than this, because while it isn't all bad, it isn't hitting me anywhere near as hard as Burning Sun did.
----
Sleeping on his laurels.
17.04.2015 - 23:31
Guib
Thrash Talker
Errr I don't like it very much to be honest
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
18.04.2015 - 00:06
DJBear666

Yup my type of Helloween, just pre-ordered on iTunes and got two tracks... playing them right now \m/
----
!!!!They say that life's a carousel Spinning fast, you gotta ride it well The world is full of Kings and Queens Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams It's Heaven and Hell, oh well !!!!
18.04.2015 - 00:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Almost like 80's but nothing special
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.04.2015 - 00:25
Troutface Killah

It's not bad, but not great either. I'm slightly disappointed, but still have hope that the rest of the new record is better than this.
18.04.2015 - 03:25
Windir2010

I don't usually care much about lyrics but they don't seem to fit the music especially well.
18.04.2015 - 03:39
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Nothing special, "heard it all before" kind of song.
18.04.2015 - 04:48
DeathSlyzer

This song felt kinda awkward to listen to, at least for the first time. Maybe it'll get better. I hope so.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
18.04.2015 - 06:17
mikeprado30

I liked it from the first listen
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
18.04.2015 - 10:51
Fisheth

Not sure on this, could be a grower.
18.04.2015 - 11:19
bertober81

This is speed metal how should be. Helloween rulez!!
19.04.2015 - 01:34
dcoolbaugh

Can I just say that I am new to this site and that I am completely impressed by the quality of respect the members have toward one another and the bands. I came from Metalsucks.net and Metalinjection.net and after 2 years left it all because the journalism was absolute crap and the members of that site were completely disrespectful of others opinions. So thank you guys for re-instating my faith in the metal community.
19.04.2015 - 19:59
D.T. Metal

Written by dcoolbaugh on 19.04.2015 at 01:34

Can I just say that I am new to this site and that I am completely impressed by the quality of respect the members have toward one another and the bands. I came from Metalsucks.net and Metalinjection.net and after 2 years left it all because the journalism was absolute crap and the members of that site were completely disrespectful of others opinions. So thank you guys for re-instating my faith in the metal community.

YOU sir - just won the internet with this comment. Welcome to Metal Storm and I hope you enjoy your stay.
19.04.2015 - 20:50
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by dcoolbaugh on 19.04.2015 at 01:34

Not sure exactly what impressed you =P
But welcome and enjoy your time here
May you discover music that you'll like through MS!

Back on topic...
The lyrics don't seem to fit the happy-sounding song.
Musically it's pretty energetic, so it's better than what I expected already.
----
loves 小巫
19.04.2015 - 21:11
D.T. Metal

Also on topic - agree with the chorus comment. It's Freedom Call held back But then also, Sasha used to be with them, so there is that. LOL
But I like it, it's happy-go-lucky Helloween.
26.04.2015 - 01:30
Fisheth

Updated opinion, I like it more now I've heard it a few times. Not completely sold but the track is at least fun.

Hits total: 2989 | This month: 5