Metal Storm logo
Deep Purple

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 11.03.2007 - 10:43
No Deep Purple thread yet. DP is one of the most influential rock bands ever, Ritchie Blackmore is one of the greatest guitarists, that has influeced tons of other guitarists. All members that were/have been/are in DP areamzing, outstanding musicians, creative, innovative and skilled. But enough superlatives for now. I'd like you to "talk" about your favourite/least favourite (if any) albums, favourite songs, members (vocalist - there have been 5 of them, guitarists - 3, bassists - 3, keyboardists - 2 (unfortunately Jon Lord quitted, being replaced by Don Airey in 2003).

Don't worry, you'll see my opinions as soon as we get this thread started a little bit.;D.
04.11.2007 - 08:40
Sonsofsabbath
My favorite original deep purple recording is made in japan. But the recording I listened to the most is come tatste the band. I prefer Tommy Bolin's playing to Blackmore' style. I have not heard anything noteworthy from Blackmore since early rainbow, and I do not often here him credited with influencing major players today. It is to bad Bolin died so young, such promise.
04.11.2007 - 16:43
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Steve Morse is insane!
24.11.2007 - 20:39
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i heard "Highway Star" on a commercial the other day
06.12.2007 - 20:56
Demonmayonnaise
Ian Gillan is an amazing vocalist. Blackmore fuckin rocks on guitar. Deep Purple is one of my favorites.
21.01.2008 - 10:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I saw in TV live from Montreal damn dunno hwo TV show all concert if it was what o DVD but I tell you one, i was so bored and mad whan watcjing it WTF sorry music was good but gilla vocals, it was so bad so week and boring, if you're to old for singing go home or start growing , Lemmy can sing all life same , but Gillan damn its be wasted money to watch tham live, better by soem DVD and see tahm in 70ties whan tahy wa sreal
If ppl cut hair he lsot his voice
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.01.2008 - 21:14
Son of Odin
Great band, my fav albums is (of course) the older ones, In rock, Fireball, Machine head.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
22.01.2008 - 01:09
Martinikuss
High Way Star and Smoke On The Water - my best songs of them. I can listen them all the time. Pure classic.
23.01.2008 - 04:33
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
David Coverdale Era is amazing, Burn is one of the most powerful masterpieces og this guys.
23.01.2008 - 16:34
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Vinnie R. on 23.01.2008 at 04:33

David Coverdale Era is amazing, Burn is one of the most powerful masterpieces og this guys.

Do not forget that Glenn Hughes also sang during that era, played bass and cowrote most of the songs.
24.01.2008 - 05:13
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
@marillionfan: That's right i totally forget Glenn Hughes! His bass(This guy plays like nobody! just imagine to play the lines of Roger Glover?) and his voice is amazing, i think they recreate the deep purple sound, Coverdale and Hughes were the best choice for the british guys. Tommy Bolin was also a great guiarist but never get close to the blackmore's legacy, and it was hard, because this guy has much talent as the others musicians.
01.03.2008 - 18:06
Hellish Star
PERFECT STRANGERS
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
01.03.2008 - 18:23
Warman
Erotic Stains
I totally respect this band but have never really gotten into them, except for some songs. Burn is a favourite and Soldier of Fortune will always be one of my favourite rock ballads.
----
25.03.2008 - 23:43
KMR
Perfect stranger got really great riff - amazing stuff. Last time I was busy searching on YT some versions of 'Mandrake Root' - duel Blackmore/Lord is sick, I love it.
----
Nothing is sacred.
27.03.2008 - 11:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Damn readingb posts about band we all shood know that REAL DP are only classic from 70ties and 60ties thats what I realy like Rod Evans , Ian Gillan(early days( and David Covardaile(early days)
Firts 5 albums are god and soem live, not Bannanas and 80ties ;o
----

apos;'
[image]
01.04.2008 - 13:21
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
when I was listening to their songs , I feel was born in 1970 and I lived in 70's or 80's
my fav.song is "SON OF ALERIC"
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
19.05.2008 - 04:48
IronBlackZepp
Its all about the Gillan and Blackmore era. With out them I do not like the band so much. The albums I like are In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head, and Perfect Straingers. The rest are either so so, or crap. However, I do think that Burn was ok.
20.05.2008 - 08:43
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by IronBlackZepp on 19.05.2008 at 04:48

Its all about the Gillan and Blackmore era. With out them I do not like the band so much. The albums I like are In Rock, Fireball, Machine Head, and Perfect Straingers. The rest are either so so, or crap. However, I do think that Burn was ok.

Deep Purple has a few less inspired works but still I would never call those albums as "crap" - even Slaves and Masters (1990) - that album with Joe Lynn Turner has its moments of good musicianship; their last album Rapture of the Deep did not impress me very much, but again, there are some great ideas even there.
20.05.2008 - 21:23
metalhead3
deep purple is one of my favourite bands.deep purple is great.
21.05.2008 - 04:58
IronBlackZepp
Written by Guest on 20.05.2008 at 08:43

Written by IronBlackZepp on 19.05.2008 at 04:48

Deep Purple has a few less inspired works but still I would never call those albums as "crap" - even Slaves and Masters (1990) - that album with Joe Lynn Turner has its moments of good musicianship; their last album Rapture of the Deep did not impress me very much, but again, there are some great ideas even there.

Ok, I was being a little extreme there when I said crap. But most of there albums are just so so.
05.06.2008 - 14:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
just listened to Smoke On the Water... greatest classic rock song ever. and with one of blackmore's least technical but one of the best solos, though it would have been even more kickass if the chorus ending bridges had a variant of the main riff and the main riff went under the verses, a little tiny bit faster.
21.08.2008 - 18:26
Elio
Red Nightmare
I own two albums by them...In Rock and Machine Head...and yeah I like'em. Blackmore is so fuckin' talented.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.09.2008 - 07:34
Number Juan
I'd not call them just rock. They are hard rock/heavy metal. Their Machine Head/In Rock/Fireball/Burn era is definitely metal. Anything before that is psychedelic/hard rock and anything after that is AOR/Hard Rock.

Speed King still gives me goosebumps (very heavy for 1970).
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
20.09.2008 - 20:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Elio on 21.08.2008 at 18:26

In Rock and Machine Head...

Those are actually the only Deep Purple albums I've listened to the whole way through along with their two latest albums...I've been trying to get around to listening to their whole discography...
20.11.2008 - 11:30
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Agree with the creator of the thread Deep Purple got me into metal thanks to my father's albums like stormbringer,burn and machine head
they were the first metal band ever and then led zeppelin and the others
----
Stay Metal !!!
20.11.2008 - 12:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 20.11.2008 at 11:30

Agree with the creator of the thread Deep Purple got me into metal thanks to my father's albums like stormbringer,burn and machine head

How can thay be firts meatl band?
Boath Led and deep was formed in 1968, Sorry man Led was more m,etal in firts realises how Deep, and Deep enevr has been metal at all, Led its qusteneble , and non of musical historians count Deep us metal
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2008 - 13:36
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by Bad English on 20.11.2008 at 12:55

Boath Led and deep was formed in 1968, Sorry man Led was more m,etal in firts realises how Deep, and Deep enevr has been metal at all, Led its qusteneble , and non of musical historians count Deep us metal

cmon just listen in rock and tell me thats not metal and it was released in 1070 at that time led zeppelin wasnt so metal more like prog rhard rock but oh well all people are always on the side of Led Zeppelin so ur right i guess ...................
----
Stay Metal !!!
20.11.2008 - 13:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dreamwar_86 on 20.11.2008 at 13:36

cmon just listen in rock and tell me thats not metal and it was released in 1070 at that time led zeppelin wasnt so metal more like prog rhard rock but oh well all people are always on the side of Led Zeppelin so ur right i guess ...................

What exatly you mena realised in 1970? Deep Purple or Led Zep,
Led Zep prog sorry firts 4 salbums are more metal how deep purple, deep purle was more rockl and enver had play nothing heavy and Smoke om the watter dont counts
----

apos;'
[image]
20.11.2008 - 13:41
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Written by Bad English on 20.11.2008 at 13:38

Written by Dreamwar_86 on 20.11.2008 at 13:36

What exatly you mena realised in 1970? Deep Purple or Led Zep,
Led Zep prog sorry firts 4 salbums are more metal how deep purple, deep purle was more rockl and enver had play nothing heavy and Smoke om the watter dont counts

i was talking about Deep Purple 's 4th studio album called In Rock since then they are metal
ok i agree with you led zeppelin are metal since 1968 but never more metal than Deep Purple's since 1970 i can assure you
----
Stay Metal !!!
20.11.2008 - 13:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe Deep Purple sound smore metal but its hard rock classic rock not metal, Led Zep start all think together whit Black Sabbath, but you know band UFO, its more metal how deep purple so
----

apos;'
[image]
09.12.2008 - 22:33
Saitenhexerin
Machine Head, In Rock, Burn and Stormbringer are my favorite albums...
And Made In Japan is also great, as well as the Purple recording with the Orchestra...I really love it! I saw them live two times with Morse, and he is so amazing, having the guitar fully under control! Contact Lost, the Solo he uses to play, is great! And also Gillan kicks ass at his age!
They are and will always be one of my favorite bands =) And all their Members are important, do not forget Ian Paice! He is like the heart of the band, because he is the only one who was always with the band!

so far
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.