Metal Storm logo
Rio 2016 Olympics

12.07.2016 - 23:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We had about London 2012, Sochi 2014, now we have this, to big sporting event to miss, bad thing is time hours
We will see how Brazil will manage it. I hope my origin country and living country get some medals
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.07.2016 - 23:09
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I hope the structures don't collapse during the games
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.07.2016 - 23:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 12.07.2016 at 23:09

da faq man, ppl will die
----

apos;'
[image]
12.07.2016 - 23:30
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Bad English on 12.07.2016 at 23:23

Written by Karlabos on 12.07.2016 at 23:09

da faq man, ppl will die

That's why I said I hope they don't =D

Seriously though, there's a reason why I touched that subject. I don't know if it's worldwide known but a bicycle lane inaugurated in January for the purpose of being used in the olympics collapsed after only three months.
That's because it was built like an ass. it "costed" 44 mi but mostly overinvoiced.
I bet the money went to the executives involved, like most of the olympics stuff =)
----
- Reimu Hakurei
12.07.2016 - 23:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We know it , its a bit as Qatar can be , well all is messed, finances and so on
----

apos;'
[image]
14.07.2016 - 23:49
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Karlabos on 12.07.2016 at 23:30

Seriously though, there's a reason why I touched that subject. I don't know if it's worldwide known but a bicycle lane inaugurated in January for the purpose of being used in the olympics collapsed after only three months.
That's because it was built like an ass. it "costed" 44 mi but mostly overinvoiced.
I bet the money went to the executives involved, like most of the olympics stuff =)

Honestly the Olympics really suck for Rio.

No country/city should be awarded the Olympics and World Cup in "adjacent" events. Entirely too much money gets wasted building shit to host the event and the host country generally loses out (aside from construction co's and politicians who get kickbacks, etc) ... last World Cup to turn a profit was USA '94 as we already had the infrastructure.

Poor Brazil got both events, then the economy tanked so wreckless spending across the country on stadiums that are now used for bus parking lots and municipal offices or for teams that draw 1000 people... and now Rio, already battling severe poverty and social issues gets hammered again.

Spent a week in Rio in 2015 (about a year ago), loved the city, but still saw murals with things like a poor kid trying to eat a futbol, etc. Really hope they somehow pull it off, but fear for the worst.

As a side note, tomorrow I'm headed back to Brasil, four nights in Curitiba and four more in Floripa. Can't wait to eat well and drink more of your craft beer.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.07.2016 - 00:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 14.07.2016 at 23:49

Written by Karlabos on 12.07.2016 at 23:30

Honestly the Olympics really suck for Rio.

That's why Brazil gave Copa America 2015 to Chile , because it happens alphabetically from a to z in alphabetical order. I heard they might not even host in in 2019 because of Olympics
----

apos;'
[image]
15.07.2016 - 00:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by BitterCOld on 14.07.2016 at 23:49

Entirely too much money gets wasted building shit to host the event and the host country generally loses out (aside from construction co's and politicians who get kickbacks, etc) ...

At least if the money was properly spent it would be fine. But 3mi for a lane? really? and it breaks after 3 months? no wonder everyone was protesting and building a negative image of the thing worldwide during the cup.

What happened in the cup is that even though the government knew about the incoming crisis they decided to spend in the events anyway. Now there's big-ass stadiums which are serving the sole purpose of car parking and all... I know they couldn't probably just call fifa and say "we're not hosting anymore" back then but they could have at least dropped the olympics back in '14. Or at least not steal the public money so unashamedly, that would also be great, yeah.

Quote:

As a side note, tomorrow I'm headed back to Brasil, four nights in Curitiba and four more in Floripa. Can't wait to eat well and drink more of your craft beer.

Oh, I am from Curitiba. I like this town.
I don't like Rio though... I mean, it's good to visit like... once, because of all monuments and stuff. But after one sees them there's nothing really much to it.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
21.07.2016 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Russian track n field team is out of Rio
----

apos;'
[image]
24.07.2016 - 14:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to independent whole Rus O team can be banned from Rio .... comments?
----

apos;'
[image]
24.07.2016 - 16:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Why is that? Did they drink too much vodka and started crashing cars and leaving them to beat people on traffic?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
24.07.2016 - 20:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 24.07.2016 at 16:29

^ Why is that? Did they drink too much vodka and started crashing cars and leaving them to bea people on traffic?

where are you living? state support dopping same level as E Ger did in 80's where state program supported doping

Well Rus will bne there whit out track n field, but independent sport dederations now can ban, seems whole Europe sport funtionars are friends whit Putin, gosh, non has balls critizse him
I think clean athletes must state under independent banner , it wont be fare if they wont be able take a fart
----

apos;'
[image]
06.08.2016 - 21:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Swimming is getting every interesting.

Kalisz(US) clocking his best timing and sending shock waves across aquatics swimmers and becoming a strongest contender for a gold in 400 Individual Medley. Finals in 8hrs now.

While, Sjostorm(Sweden) got off to pretty easy win. Gold hanging on her neck somehow. Still 2 semis to pass it off to gone onto final which takes place on 8th.
07.08.2016 - 00:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1th
opening ceremony was to late, those organizer smust think about key continent what gives most money and so on as Europe. It could start at 22:00 or 23:00. Its not different they would see it

Swe Tv repolay fucktards cut off nation walk, sorry I don't get why we need see S Sudan, Pakistan and such non important countries in sport , but Finland, Latvia, Canada and many Europeian was cut off?

I have been watching a bit of womens footy, nothing special

I saw beatch wolley between Brazil and Cz
Nice one and cycling , 10km left and falut between Montoya and Italian, then polish rider ride and then Dena nd Bel cam and catch him, he was tired and seems to me happy whit 3th one
Nice ending
----

apos;'
[image]
07.08.2016 - 17:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Holy shit did you saw what happened whit French athlete what calls that discipline., he broke his leg in 2 places
OMG, will he ever be able to walk again?
----

apos;'
[image]
07.08.2016 - 17:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
India women's archery team managed to find a position in QF where they will face Russia for semi-final birth. That's one good news coming out of Indian camp.
08.08.2016 - 01:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Swedish woman cycling 150km get gilver, she was second, one km well 500m before end American tired and ctually lost medal, so because of that Sweden has medal

I was watching swimming medley iron lady from Hungary won, nice swim, record and also maybe she is female Jan Torpe'?
----

apos;'
[image]
08.08.2016 - 16:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I was watching a bit Spain vs Croatia basket, it was super boring
Happy that Lietuva won over Brazil

Latvian lifter Rebeca Koha was 4th damn one place from medal, what a bad luck,

Kosovo has 1th gold in history, in judo, I saw a bit fight, Italian female judist had no chance at all.

Felps and rally swim, USA won

Dzokovoc lol 1th tenis ranking player in the world and lost de Proto who is 140 something, lol
seems those money ppl don't care about Olympics same Latvian tenis player Gulbis, talent but no brains, or has in a dick , if he had brains he would be smarter and be in Nr 5 something in a world

China is pissed that wrong flags are used in medaling ceremony, some error whit Chinese communist star something , like I and whole western world cares about it lol
----

apos;'
[image]
08.08.2016 - 17:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Karlabos on 15.07.2016 at 00:16

Oh, I am from Curitiba. I like this town.
I don't like Rio though... I mean, it's good to visit like... once, because of all monuments and stuff. But after one sees them there's nothing really much to it.

Really enjoyed Curitiba. Some great beer, good food (whatafuck burger) as well as a bicycle tour showing off street art and murals. Floripa was awesome as well... Curitiba might be the best city to live, though preferred Rio and Floripa for tourist destinations.

Apparently the US coverage of the Opening Ceremonies pissed pretty much everyone off. NBC apparently stands for Now Broadcasting Commercials. Something like 6 commercial breaks in the first 40 minutes.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.08.2016 - 19:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BitterCOld on 08.08.2016 at 17:52

Apparently the US coverage of the Opening Ceremonies pissed pretty much everyone off. NBC apparently stands for Now Broadcasting Commercials. Something like 6 commercial breaks in the first 40 minutes.

I have read that thay often cut off non important countries and put commercials
----

apos;'
[image]
08.08.2016 - 22:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am watching trick jumping well aother un objective sport where points decide , but more objective as figure skating
----

apos;'
[image]
09.08.2016 - 10:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It was all good in aquatics today as deserving swimmers came upfront due to terrific techniques and great pulling power.

Yang got the gold in 200m Freestyle after frustrating loss in 400m Freestyle from the hands of Horton. Ryan Murphy shown his true class when he swam beautifully in 100m Backstroke and broke OR easily. Hosszu(Hungary) clocked the same timing as in heats and won gold easily by beating fierce rival American Kathleen Baker. Same with Lilly as she pulls off best timing of her career in 100m Breastroke and achieved OR by clocking 1.04 min.

Still more to go...
09.08.2016 - 21:45
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Bad English on 08.08.2016 at 16:03

Dzokovoc lol 1th tenis ranking player in the world and lost de Proto who is 140 something, lol

del Potro won the 2009 US Open (beating Federer in the final) and has been ranked No. 4 in the world. It's not like he's a nobody.
10.08.2016 - 23:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I missed slalom in cannoyng

amyway to reporters has been opened fire , gosh I don't get this Brazil has super good police and military forces. Is I not possible put armed guards and solders to keep order. Brazil is worts even worst as SA in football. So far worst organized games from security and other things, even sport is spirit kicks on
what else Munchen well in today it wont happen, those days cops were wussies and British SAS did secret operation together whit Salayat 13 in Munchen because German SSG9 were pussies

Rain canceled one cyling race

I watch individual men and women, horrible rain. well still warm, but it definitely ruin all fun for people and also athlets what can be good for outsiders

Green water in swimming pool, weird

Russia swimers are bitch about americans ehhhh
----

apos;'
[image]
10.08.2016 - 23:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bad English on 10.08.2016 at 23:15

I watch individual men and women, horrible rain. well still warm, but it definitely ruin all fun for people and also athlets what can be good for outsiders

Not a single road race was.cancelled last weekend and today.
And no outsider won a medal today.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

10.08.2016 - 23:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.08.2016 at 23:40

Written by Bad English on 10.08.2016 at 23:15

Not a single road race was.cancelled last weekend and today.
And no outsider won a medal today.

then it was some boat water event what it calls between Oxford and Cambridge rowing

said rain on a road can be good because its slippery and all can happen, as I saw some us rider felt .. slippery , so its not as on dry road
I cant watch so much I work,
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2016 - 00:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Rowing was cancelled due to too much wind.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2016 - 00:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I see, I want to see rowing, water sport as canoeing, rowing and those others where they use boats are my fav OG discipline (summer one)

Sad Swedish judo guy lost to someone

Nice selfie made by Korean athletes
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2016 - 00:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
About rio well organization is bad, I think, but its a problem if you fix all things just some time before OG and not all are ready. Big projects fucks up, all fucks up, time we need more time as before. If Sochi would be summer OG they would fuck up same level.

Olympic village is safe, but streets well then we will ask how safe is Harlem, Brongs, Brooklyn, Hide Park, Paris urban areas, Napoli, Malmö?
Every country has places where ppl should not show up. So its natural thing. Brazil because 2 major events has huge economical problems, but I doubt they will reach a Greece level after 6 years.

I hope this OG will clean doping from sports, same time I hope people will open eyes and see money

Next one in Japan, Japs has infrastructure, so , IMO there be less money and such problems, and it will be safe.
S Korea has same, but organize winter is easier as summer. less athlets, disciplines, only what we need worry is weather
Safe, well if big fat pokenon from north wont send his small pokemons over border, it will be fine.
----

apos;'
[image]
11.08.2016 - 09:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
World's fastest swimmer race will begin today. The best of 11 heats swimmers will qualify for semis. On 13th, we will come to know the fastest swimmer on this planet(obviously, if someone break's César Cielo(Brasil) timing of 20.91 sec).