04.04.2007 - 00:43
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Black Metal from Germany ,formed in 1994
Their embarked on a more melodic musical direction
and riffs are melodic.

Line up:
Azathoth (vocals), Asvargyr (guitar), V. Santura (guitar),
T. Killer (bass), Paymon (keyboards), Seraph (drums)

Discography :
Rebirth of the Dark Age - Demo - 1996
Towards Immortality - Split - 1997
Tales From Eternal Dusk -2001
Profane Genocidal Creations - 2003
Stab Wounds - 2004
Séance - 2006

Here are some of their songs :
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/stab-wounds.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/self-mutilation.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/Warlord.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/DefianceEdit.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/Pilgrim.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/CrimsonTears.mp3
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
04.04.2007 - 05:28
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Awesome band indeed... I had only listened to Seance, and it's a killer... blissful yet dark black metal with a lot of dynamism... I never get tired of that album, and I'm certainly looking for older stuff
04.04.2007 - 10:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Awesome band realy, I had lsiten soem of them songs, and in past first 2 albums, realy awsoem thay belong in those BM band cathegories who playa wsome BM, but arent well know band,
About splitt album, I always wanna hear Bared Duir
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.04.2007 - 23:47
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Can't waiting for their upcoming album called "Scum" !
----
05.04.2007 - 13:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dead Ohlin on 04.04.2007 at 23:47

Can't waiting for their upcoming album called "Scum" !

what thay be album, I thought thay splitt up
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.04.2007 - 18:50
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
^ ^ ^
They'r still alive!
CROM will take place on May 19 when they support DARK FORTRESS in Landshut, Germany, hometown of both bands.
Walter (Crom) Grosse, sole member of the band, and himself a former member of DARK FORTRESS,
has put together a live lineup that includes DARK FORTRESS members Draug on bass,
Seraph on drums and backing vocals, and Asvargr on guitars.
----
06.07.2007 - 18:20
Account deleted
I love Dark Fortress. One of my favorite BM acts. I still think Tales From Eternal Dusk is my favorite.
06.07.2007 - 19:50
Pinusar
Account deleted
I listened to a few of their songs and found it qutie enjoyable.
07.07.2007 - 19:30
Hyvaarin
Haven't heard them, but I have to say they have one of the coolest logos I've ever seen.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.07.2007 - 19:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
Nice music, I just downloaded few songs, and it sound really nice, I will try to find and buy full album or something
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.07.2007 - 23:03
Sunioj
I have seance, the album is eerie from start to finish, and ghastly indoctrine is one killer intro. Very ambient..Im interested to get their other releases.
07.10.2007 - 17:46
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Black metal doesn't interest me much, but bands like Dark Fortress are changing my opinion. I really liked Séance and Stab Wounds (imo Séance is better). Now, i'm curious about their older stuff.
07.10.2007 - 18:57
Sunioj
Written by Unconsecrated on 07.10.2007 at 17:46

Black metal doesn't interest me much, but bands like Dark Fortress are changing my opinion. I really liked Séance and Stab Wounds (imo Séance is better). Now, i'm curious about their older stuff.

You might enjoy their older stuff, pesronally, I think their prime is Seance and Stab Wounds because of the atmosphere that is more included in their latter releases. But Profance Genocidal Creations and Tales from the Eternal Dusk are still worth hearing, though you might find their old stuff alot more melody driven.
08.10.2007 - 22:02
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Sunioj on 07.10.2007 at 18:57

You might enjoy their older stuff, pesronally, I think their prime is Seance and Stab Wounds because of the atmosphere that is more included in their latter releases. But Profance Genocidal Creations and Tales from the Eternal Dusk are still worth hearing, though you might find their old stuff alot more melody driven.

Well, if they are more melody driven than these two, i think i'll like Dark Fortress even more
08.10.2007 - 22:35
Stigmatized
Dark Fortress make great music. My favorite album is probably "Tales From Eternal Dusk". Good atmosphere and it's melodic enough to keep me interested.
10.10.2007 - 19:04
Olli
I only have the "Stab Wounds" album but I like it, favorite song on it is probably self mutilation.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
10.10.2007 - 22:49
Vrana
Finally a thread about them...
yes, I like them alot. Don't have a fav album, they are all nice.
Can't wait to see them live
12.10.2007 - 23:17
ASiema113
MMMM, these guys are quite good I really enjoy "Defiance Of Death" especially the guitars both rhythm & lead. They sound to me like a mixture between old Satyricon specifcally between the works of "The Shadowthrone" & "Nemisis Divinia". I can also clearly hear the influence of Emperor new & old & in a way Dark Fortress has a similar "evolution" in their songs. I'll have to look into this band further, also the artwork on their first two albums really stands out IMO suits the albums nicely
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
09.02.2008 - 02:20
ASiema113
Just got their Vinyl of Stab Wounds and everything from the pakaging to the sound quality is superb! I especially like their cover of "I am Black Wizards" and their bonus tracks "Cryptic Winterforest" & "Towards Immortality". I think this is their best cd yet and glad they decided to put it out on vinyl. Truely some of the best BM I've heard of come out of Germany...
----

09.02.2008 - 05:02
selken
Irreligious
Written by Unconsecrated on 08.10.2007 at 22:02

Written by Sunioj on 07.10.2007 at 18:57

Well, if they are more melody driven than these two, i think i'll like Dark Fortress even more

+1 I discovered them during a desperate quest for a band like Dissection, I tried some of them but Dark Fortress was one of the best I heard, of course they have their own style, and their two first albums are also a bit rawer (but don't hurt you ears ) and their melodies are soooo haunting. Listen to them NOW!!!
----
12.02.2008 - 05:17
Gregorasaurus
Account deleted
Never heard of Dark Fortress until now! They are awesome. Thanks! Sound like my favorite melodic black band Dissection!
20.03.2008 - 18:06
ASiema113
Has anyone listened to Eidolon yet? Reminds me alot of Stab Wounds but the riffs are not as technical, but put together in quite an intricate way. Not to mention their new singer Morean, whose vocals are somewhat different from Azathoth but still very good.

Anyone else have an opinion on their latest album?
----

20.03.2008 - 18:48
Sunioj
Some of the songs stood out to me but there was some filler, overall its a good album. I missed the old vocalist though, however, its not so noticeable because both vocalists actually sound very similar, but I thought the last one had a better tone and didn't sound as forced. I noticed that they took a more rythmatic direction in some songs and it actually sounded more raw. I think it is healthy though, for a band to create some experimentation if it can still leave room for song's that long-term listeners are used to.
24.03.2008 - 03:11
metaldazza
Account deleted
I randomly saw them at the Purple Turtle in London last month. I'm not really a big fan of black metal but they were really good. The stage was tiny so they couldn't put on much of a show but I loved it. Can anyone recommend an album?
24.03.2008 - 03:16
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by ASiema113 on 20.03.2008 at 18:06

Has anyone listened to Eidolon yet? Reminds me alot of Stab Wounds but the riffs are not as technical, but put together in quite an intricate way. Not to mention their new singer Morean, whose vocals are somewhat different from Azathoth but still very good.

Anyone else have an opinion on their latest album?

I liked its viscous atmosphere at first, but I couldn't finish the album... I was pretty bored after a while.
24.03.2008 - 09:50
belisarius
i think they sound a lot like satyricon on eidolon (i only heard two songs so maybe it's just a coinscedence
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
24.03.2008 - 11:24
Nox Lux
codebreaker
I'm picking up Eidolon soon. I saw it on the shelf today in a music store that I wasn't expecting to find it in at all. I used to like them a lot when I had my old playlist of black metal, that got stolen.

I'll take this as a sign, since I recently checked them out for news recently, then saw their CD. Satyricon are masters and renouned and all that, but if what you say is true about them sounding like Satyricon, I would be a tad surprised.. and disappointed. I like Satyricon, but Dark Fortress are a band with character and triumphant energy that's unique to them.
I've been listening to Carpathian Forest a lot, and recently picked up Daath's newest - The Hinderers, and was pleasantly surprised. Anyway, two very different approaches to black metal, so I feel that Dark Fortress will nicely bridge that gap.

This message has been off on a tangent somewhat, so allow me to make it a little more justified in it's relevance:

What do you guys think? Is Dark Fortress possibly Carpathian Forest meets Daath?
Comparing both the old and the new styles in this way [i've been listening to Black Shining Leather and Through Chasm Caves and Titan Woods when it comes to Carpathian Forest] the electronica of Daath [which still rapes any keyboards Dimmu Borgir uses anyway - it still possesses dignity] and the sheer true-ness of Carpathian Forest, where does Dark Fortress fit?

When I pick up the new album I'll write a little opionionated review in this thread for a matter of small interest.

In the meantime, if anyone hasn't checked out this video yet, here's the video for Edge of Night

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

Woah, that link didn't work. Here's the URL, you can paste it yourself you lazy fvck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2sLho1vq2g

----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
31.03.2008 - 10:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Ether
A synopsis of the album would be nice. I'm new to this band but the stuff on myspace I loved, especially from Eidolon. The song 'Baphomet' has a very cool groove to it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.04.2008 - 04:07
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Oh shit I didn't realise someone actually replied to my post - I forgot about returning to this thread. I'm listening to this album a lot at the moment, but as I've said on Last Album You Acquired, I've been side-tracked by Dying Fetus recently, so I guess I'll get back to you with one of those long posts that people are starting to get sick of

PS. You're blatantly not new to this band.
----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
02.04.2008 - 06:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Nox Lux on 02.04.2008 at 04:07

PS. You're blatantly not new to this band.

Haha. What does that mean?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin