Yya

Art is hilariously bad though.

09.12.2016 - 02:20
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.12.2016 at 01:32

It really is horrible in the funniest way. I'm not even mad about it, at least it made me smile.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.12.2016 - 02:52
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
And here I was just thinking earlier today that it's about time for some new RoB material.... maybe I should try the same with Portal and see what happens...
A full length would always be preferable, but hey, new material is new material. Hopefully it's one of those "leaves you screaming for more" type EPs. Hoping for an approach less monotonous and with a little more BM presence than Blood Vaults
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.12.2016 - 03:21
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.12.2016 at 01:32

Truly. But all things considered, has that ever really not been the case? The covers for the first three albums are honestly quite poor in quality. The most recent piece has really been the only one thus far that's made me sit up like "oh hey, that's pretty well done." I've kind of accepted a general trend of "amazing music, shit artwork" as far as RoB's concerned. Much better than the opposite though, I suppose
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.12.2016 - 08:39
Mik
Account deleted
The artwork is quite fun in my opinion.
09.12.2016 - 10:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Ván Records just released the cover for the limited edition LP.

09.12.2016 - 10:24
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.12.2016 at 02:20

It really is horrible in the funniest way. I'm not even mad about it, at least it made me smile.

Yeah it's so funny I'm not even salty either.
09.12.2016 - 10:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 09.12.2016 at 03:21

Truly. But all things considered, has that ever really not been the case? The covers for the first three albums are honestly quite poor in quality. The most recent piece has really been the only one thus far that's made me sit up like "oh hey, that's pretty well done." I've kind of accepted a general trend of "amazing music, shit artwork" as far as RoB's concerned. Much better than the opposite though, I suppose

I was going to say that Rain Upon The Impure's art isn't that bad but I just checked and it's pretty bad. Unlock The Shrine would be quite classy if it didn't have Samara from The Ring peering out from the image.
09.12.2016 - 11:30
Rating: 6
Paz
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.12.2016 at 10:24

Ván Records just release the cover for the limited edition LP.

[img]

You are an expert in image processing
09.12.2016 - 11:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 09.12.2016 at 11:30

You are an expert in image processing

lolol, had to be done!
09.12.2016 - 12:07
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.12.2016 at 10:24
Ván Records just released the cover for the limited edition LP.

Dude, that has been one of my favorite memes from the old days. I'm seriously wondering if it's the same dog because theya re extremely similar. The other one is probably a wolf though.

Also, why is there no love for Foulest Semen Of A Sheltered Elite? I thought the artwork was nice. It looks quite cartoony like a Yugi-Oh card but I still like how it was done.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.12.2016 - 12:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.12.2016 at 12:07

Dude, that has been one of my favorite memes from the old days. I'm seriously wondering if it's the same dog because theya re extremely similar. The other one is probably a wolf though.

Also, why is there no love for Foulest Semen Of A Sheltered Elite? I thought the artwork was nice. It looks quite cartoony like a Yugi-Oh card but I still like how it was done.

Haha, yeah, might be some inspiration taken from that meme though, maybe without even realising

I don't dislike Foulest Semen's art, but I'd probably like it more on something else. Something a bit less kvlt perhaps.
09.12.2016 - 17:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 09.12.2016 at 12:11
Something a bit less kvlt perhaps.

You are proably right there. Maybe something like Sigh, Hail Spirit Noir or even The Meads.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.12.2016 - 17:39
Sang Dalang Abu
Maybe, TRoB worst artwork, funny enough. But I'm not sure this upcoming release will be enjoyable or not.
10.12.2016 - 08:56
Rating: 10
Maratha
Looks like wolves and snakes together within the same frame are in, as far as album artwork goes. Same style applied by Bölzer imo.
10.12.2016 - 17:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Guest on 09.12.2016 at 10:27

Unlock The Shrine would be quite classy if it didn't have Samara from The Ring peering out from the image.

I actually have a copy of UTS with the alternate artwork, which I think is a little better... gives off a bit of a De Mysteriis vibe
----

~ II. VII
10.12.2016 - 20:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Auntie Sahar on 10.12.2016 at 17:36
I actually have a copy of UTS with the alternate artwork, which I think is a little better... gives off a bit of a De Mysteriis vibe

That's even worse, dude. Looks like a poor backdrop from an old 80s video game... but worse.
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.12.2016 - 06:58
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Yes every other alternative artwork of UTS just sucks. The original one works the best for me. That said, this EP seems to have their most interesting artwork so far. If the music is anything like the doesn't-take-itself-too-seriously vibe of this artwork then I definitely think it will be a pretty fresh and good direction as on the last album they seemed trying too hard and forced.
11.12.2016 - 14:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think the opposite is true. I don't think the last record tried hard enough. It rested on its laurels as a blackened doom thing and went for an overly clean production job. It didn't "try" anything.

I actually have a bad feeling about this one. I don't want a jokey, non-serious TRoB. I want atmosphere and mood and as much as some of the artwork sucks you can tell what they were kind of going for, and this looks like it might be going for something synthetic and jovial. Probably because I associate bad photoshopped-style artwork with bad music, and this is the first time the band has gone down the bad-photoshop route.
12.12.2016 - 00:58
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by 3rdWorld on 11.12.2016 at 06:58

If the music is anything like the doesn't-take-itself-too-seriously vibe of this artwork then I definitely think it will be a pretty fresh and good direction as on the last album they seemed trying too hard and forced.

I don't think taking things too seriously was exactly the problem with the last record, as the lyrical themes of RoB are indeed quite serious and should be handled as such. What I really think it was is that Blood Vaults was something of a concept album, so it shifted from loosely tied themes of Christian doctrine and ancient history to focusing on one person/event in particular. Zeroing in like that increases the level of detail you have to account for, so I feel as though Von Meilenwald was almost working with too much at once thematically, and that in turn compromised the music to the point of making it somewhat redundant and ineffective. Basically: too many lyrical ideas for too few musical ones
----

~ II. VII
12.12.2016 - 01:06
mz
This is fucking stupid. The silliest cover I've ever seen. Maybe worse than the ones of Manowar.
Seriously, it is fun to have stupid cover sometimes, but this is ugly as it is a serious attempt gone silly.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
12.12.2016 - 14:48
Rating: 8
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It looks like a melodeath cover...

At any state, it's not really like the cover is that big of a deal like people here seem to make it to be... We don't even listen to the cover anyway, we listen to the music
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.12.2016 - 19:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Karlabos on 12.12.2016 at 14:48

At any state, it's not really like the cover is that big of a deal like people here seem to make it to be... We don't even listen to the cover anyway, we listen to the music

No one is really making a big deal on the cover. We are just aknowleding the fact that the cover sucks, that's all.
----
Rod, let me love you.
12.12.2016 - 22:46
Rating: 8
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.12.2016 at 19:59

Written by Karlabos on 12.12.2016 at 14:48

No one is really making a big deal on the cover. We are just aknowleding the fact that the cover sucks, that's all.

I was kinda referring more to the site as a whole rather than just this thread
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.12.2016 - 13:17
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
So is anyone gonna actually stream this shit, or what?
----

~ II. VII
23.12.2016 - 00:42
Vombatus
Potorro
23.12.2016 - 04:31
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Well that was certainly interesting. The Pink Floyd cover is as cool as I expected it to be, Alex totally owned it and put his spin on it. The title track on the other hand isn't bad, but could've done without that strange intro, which sounds way out of place, and was a little too monotonous for my liking. If what Van Records has been teasing is true though, that this is like a psychedelic prelude to the next album, or whatever they said, I totally welcome that. A more psychedelic-ish RoB could have the potential to be extremely satisfying, provided the overall gloom and doom aesthetic of the band isn't sacrificed with it. But the Floyd cover here I think displays some hints of how an approach like that could turn out, so if the new album follows more in that vein, I'm game.

Actually, thinking of it now, RoB has dabbled into that before with some of those ambient interludes Alex likes to stick between the longer tracks, so he totally has it in him.
----

~ II. VII
23.12.2016 - 05:48
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Wardance indeed. Dayum, MS really needs like a good dance smiley.

The initial moaning is indeed awful and has a bad prelude but the title track itself is awesome and fresh like I expected. The riffs still make it still metal enough for me. The cover track sounds cool as well and I can see the similarity in sound and if this is how he wants to take the direction for the next album then I'm all in for it.
23.12.2016 - 13:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Great sound; really thick and dense, but damn, that title track is dull songwriting wise. The whole thing felt like a big intro that never transitioned into a song. The Pink Floyd cover was definitely better but I would feel pretty unsatisfied if I'd actually bought this as it feels like an extended teaser with no hooks or significant substance. Fingers crossed the album delivers some kickass tunes along with the atmosphere he's obviously trying to go for here.

Hits total: 4440 | This month: 51