Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth

Original post

Posted by Warman, 23.05.2006 - 18:39
Yeah yeah . . . it's an official thread so you all know what to do. Discuss Cradle Of Filth!
16.09.2009 - 00:17
Janne
Hugin
Last week I've listened to Nymphetamine (the album) once and it was the first time I enjoyed it! Oo
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.09.2009 - 16:46
Abattoir
Staff
Lately I've listened to their last released album, ''Goodspeed On The Devil's Thunder'', a couple of times and I must that this realy is a strong fast and well producted release. I love the sound through whole album.

Favourite songs: Shat Out Of Hell, The 13th Caesar, Tragic Kingdom, Midnight Shadows Crawl To Darken Counsel With Life.
07.10.2009 - 06:53
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I dont care what anyone says...I love this band up to cruelty...after that they have done nothing extraordinary but at the same time they havent sucked toooooo bad. I mean hell nick isnt there or robin graves and others or anything that brings REAL COF to the table. Their golden age is over sadly but its cool they still try....and I do like dani's vocals....
07.10.2009 - 18:15
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 07.10.2009 at 06:53

I mean hell nick isnt there or robin graves and others or anything that brings REAL COF to the table.

Isn't Dani one of those? Well, at least, used to be...
14.10.2009 - 07:18
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I listen to COF...mainly Dusk and Cruelty...usually around Halloween.
16.11.2009 - 20:58
Slayer666
People, what do you think the new album will be like? I hope it will continue with the path set by "Godspeed", but also more darkly symphonic and faster. Any ideas?
17.11.2009 - 00:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
There's a new album on the way?
----
17.11.2009 - 05:28
SatyriconChick
Listened to Damnation and a Day the other night... I LOVE the song "Serpent Tongue!" And happy birthday to Paul Allender!
17.11.2009 - 15:06
Slayer666
Written by Warman on 17.11.2009 at 00:16

Yeah, they said it would be out some time in April 2010.... Although, I don't think they can finish it so fast. It should deffinatly be somewhere in 2010.
17.11.2009 - 15:12
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Slayer666 on 17.11.2009 at 15:06

Yeah, they said it would be out some time in April 2010.... Although, I don't think they can finish it so fast. It should deffinatly be somewhere in 2010.

Awesome!
----
17.11.2009 - 15:22
Slayer666
Written by Warman on 17.11.2009 at 15:12

Written by Slayer666 on 17.11.2009 at 15:06

Awesome!

I know!!! But I belive Paul is writting all the music, so I'm going to brace myself for a dissapointment....
17.11.2009 - 15:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Slayer666 on 17.11.2009 at 15:22

I know!!! But I belive Paul is writting all the music, so I'm going to brace myself for a dissapointment....

I don't know, didn't he write most of the stuff for "Godspeed"? And that turned out great.
----
17.11.2009 - 15:34
Slayer666
Written by Warman on 17.11.2009 at 15:25

I don't know, didn't he write most of the stuff for "Godspeed"? And that turned out great.

Yeah, but he also wrote most of "Thornography" and we all know how that turned out.
17.11.2009 - 15:46
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 17.11.2009 at 15:34

Yeah, but he also wrote most of "Thornography" and we all know how that turned out.

Paul's writing skill was not the problem with Shitography, it was pretty much the whole band that had turned bad. Even Dani's vocals sucked and (Satan, forgive me for what I am about to say) the LYRICS themselves sucked... The Foetus Of A New Day Kicking has some of the worst lyrics in metal history. So, I'm not worried about Paul's job, particularily when Godspeed was such a success.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
17.11.2009 - 16:06
Slayer666
Written by MétalNoir on 17.11.2009 at 15:46

Paul's writing skill was not the problem with Shitography, it was pretty much the whole band that had turned bad. Even Dani's vocals sucked and (Satan, forgive me for what I am about to say) the LYRICS themselves sucked... The Foetus Of A New Day Kicking has some of the worst lyrics in metal history. So, I'm not worried about Paul's job, particularily when Godspeed was such a success.

Point taken. But still, Dani's vocals and lyrics wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the songwritting was better...
17.11.2009 - 16:15
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 17.11.2009 at 16:06

Written by MétalNoir on 17.11.2009 at 15:46

Point taken. But still, Dani's vocals and lyrics wouldn't bother me nearly as much if the songwritting was better...

Obviously. The less negative points, the better album. But imagine Dusk or Cruelty with vocals as bad as in Shitography...
----
17.11.2009 - 16:34
Slayer666
Written by MétalNoir on 17.11.2009 at 16:15

[Obviously. The less negative points, the better album. But imagine Dusk or Cruelty with vocals as bad as in Shitography...

Uggh... I don't want to.
18.11.2009 - 19:23
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Slayer666 on 17.11.2009 at 16:34

Written by MétalNoir on 17.11.2009 at 16:15

[Obviously. The less negative points, the better album. But imagine Dusk or Cruelty with vocals as bad as in Shitography...

Uggh... I don't want to.

I guess you don't ^^
----
18.11.2009 - 19:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
I have nothing against "Thornography", okay probably their least good release. But I am after all a Cradle fanboy. And I would LOVE an album full of songs just as great as "I Am the Thorn"!!!
----
19.11.2009 - 02:38
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Warman on 18.11.2009 at 19:31

I have nothing against "Thornography", okay probably their least good release. But I am after all a Cradle fanboy. And I would LOVE an album full of songs just as great as "I Am the Thorn"!!!

I used to love Dirge Inferno, I Am The Thorn and The Foetus Of A New Day Kicking, but that was before I bought older COF stuff and got deeper into black metal. Then, I realized Nymphetamine, Thornography and some of Midian tracks were terribly bad material. Under Huntress Moon is the only good song from Thornography.
----
19.11.2009 - 12:05
Slayer666
Written by Warman on 18.11.2009 at 19:31

And I would like that you don't even suggest such a thing. It might come true.

When I got into CoF, their latest album was "Nymphetamine". And I quite liked it, as well as "Damnation","Midian" and thought "Dusk..." was just annoying screaming. But, as a few months went by, that changed a whooole lot. Point is, I didn't like "Shitography" (thanks, Меtalomorphis) not even for a moment. I was really anxious to get it, after finding out it came out. But, then I heard "Temptation" on MTV, and instantly wanted to kill myself.
19.11.2009 - 13:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
I got into them... three years ago? There was a Swedish Metal show on TV and they played some videos and stuff. And they showed the intro of "Her Ghost in the Fog". I thought it sounded kinda good and the vocals were something else. I was searching through their albums one day and bought the cheapest one, "Damnation and a Day". What I thought about it is a long story. But to this day I still consider it to be the bands best release and it's surely on my top 5-10 Metal albums list.
----
22.11.2009 - 17:50
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Warman on 19.11.2009 at 13:03

I got into them... three years ago? There was a Swedish Metal show on TV and they played some videos and stuff. And they showed the intro of "Her Ghost in the Fog". I thought it sounded kinda good and the vocals were something else. I was searching through their albums one day and bought the cheapest one, "Damnation and a Day". What I thought about it is a long story. But to this day I still consider it to be the bands best release and it's surely on my top 5-10 Metal albums list.

Until Godspeed came out, I considered Damnation as CoF's post-Dusk best effort. But it took me some time before I decided so, cause Damnation is not a catchy album, it's more complex then Midian and following albums. Damnation is the epitome of "Blackened Iron Maiden", it's not too BM and not too sellout, it's just great. Godspeed is a little more on the commercial side, but it's more catchy and fluent, that's why I prefer it.
----
22.11.2009 - 17:53
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yeh. "Damnation And A Day" is a little too clean I think (production-wise), but other than that - it really is an overlooked album. It isn't very accessible at all, and it is quite a long one - but it is worth getting to know.
22.11.2009 - 19:32
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
"Just wanted to keep you all updated on the progress of the new album. I'm about half way through writing the new material and it's turning out just the way I wanted it. I've mentioned to a few people that it's a lot faster and heavier than Godspeed. Well to be honest the new material has been taken up quite a few gears. Thats all from me, back to the devil strings. Paul" Quoted from their Facebook page.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
22.11.2009 - 19:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Haddonfield on 22.11.2009 at 19:32

"Just wanted to keep you all updated on the progress of the new album. I'm about half way through writing the new material and it's turning out just the way I wanted it. I've mentioned to a few people that it's a lot faster and heavier than Godspeed. Well to be honest the new material has been taken up quite a few gears. Thats all from me, back to the devil strings. Paul" Quoted from their Facebook page.

I just read that on Facebook too. I hope it's true about that "faster and heavier" but that they still maintain to sound melodic. Anyone knows who writes the lyrics BTW? I hope Dani still does, I think his words are fantastic from song to song.
----
22.11.2009 - 19:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by MétalNoir on 22.11.2009 at 17:50

it's not too BM and not too sellout, it's just great.

Yeah, it kinda bothers me that some people call "Damnation" sellout. I mean, most of the songs are pretty dark and complex and surely aren't radio/MTV friendly. And how often do they play those songs live today? At most one of them at each set. When I saw them they played from every album except "Damnation and a Day".
----
22.11.2009 - 20:13
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Warman on 22.11.2009 at 19:48

Written by MétalNoir on 22.11.2009 at 17:50

it's not too BM and not too sellout, it's just great.

Yeah, it kinda bothers me that some people call "Damnation" sellout. I mean, most of the songs are pretty dark and complex and surely aren't radio/MTV friendly. And how often do they play those songs live today? At most one of them at each set. When I saw them they played from every album except "Damnation and a Day".

I know! I saw them twice and they didn't play any song from Damnation! Just skip Her Ghost In The Fog and play The Promise Of Fever or Babalon AD for Satan's sake!
----
22.11.2009 - 20:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by MétalNoir on 22.11.2009 at 20:13

I know! I saw them twice and they didn't play any song from Damnation! Just skip Her Ghost In The Fog and play The Promise Of Fever or Babalon AD for Satan's sake!

Yeah I don't get it either. Maybe it's harder to play Damnation songs because they will need some recorded stuff in the background, the orchestras and such?
----
22.11.2009 - 20:21
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Warman on 22.11.2009 at 20:17

Written by MétalNoir on 22.11.2009 at 20:13

Yeah I don't get it either. Maybe it's harder to play Damnation songs because they will need some recorded stuff in the background, the orchestras and such?

Bah it's not like they didn't have the budget, right? If live Nightwish exists, there's no reason CoF couldn't play Damnation tracks. I guess it has something to do with Sony, which was the band's label at the time. I think Sony fired them after the so-so success of Damnation. Maybe there's some legal stuff in this.
----