Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - New Album Artwork Unveiled

Today is the day you can check out the cover artwork for Wintersun's upcoming new album, The Forest Seasons and it is... a forest! Last week, the Finns announced their crowdfunding campaign that will start on March 1st. With the collected amount, front man Jari Mäenpää says he plans to build his own studio that would finally allow him to record the long-awaited album, Time II.

Jari Mäenpää states: "We're proud to show you guys our new 3rd full length album cover! The album cover was made in collaboration by Gyula Havancsák and Jari Mäenpää. It illustrates The Awakening of a mystical forest where the seasons are merging together. By the way, this preview is just 1280 x 720 resolution. Wait till you see it in 5K! Enjoy guys! This album is sick and minds will be blown! Our Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign will start on March 1st where you can order the new album directly from us with the highest quality! Thank you!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 01.02.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 40   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 528 users
01.02.2017 - 18:54
Zap
It's almost like they're actually gonna release something...
01.02.2017 - 18:59
Dinruth
I hope the music is not as cheesy as the cover
01.02.2017 - 19:00
Kais
Looks damn good regardless of the whole situation revolving Jari's announcements.
01.02.2017 - 19:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Jesus H. Christ, will they ever have decent cover artwork? Well, I guess not. Wat an atrocity once again.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2017 - 19:32
Paz
Elite
It looks straight out of the Warcraft III.
01.02.2017 - 19:46
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
^I was actually expecting Marcel to say that he loves it.
01.02.2017 - 19:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Azarath on 01.02.2017 at 19:46

^I was actually expecting Marcel to say that he loves it.

As if
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.02.2017 - 19:57
Jagsey
Wow, seems like the annual Wintersun roast has begun... To be honest, I think the artwork looks nice, eventhough it's not gritty and dark enough for my taste. It's got a forest and it's got seasons.... what else did you expect from the album title anyway? The oriental style in the Time I artwork really caught my attention and I'm curious what this record has got in store.
01.02.2017 - 20:35
IBlackened
I was expecting winter to be the main season here.
----
Their old stuff is better.
01.02.2017 - 20:46
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I'm surprised Jari's face isn't on this one
01.02.2017 - 21:46
roeder
So is this going to be an RPG game or an album?
01.02.2017 - 22:03
WinterMadness
If it ain't Necrolord I don't care
01.02.2017 - 22:48
3rdWorld
China was a neat
5K? Nobody wants to see this shite in that size.
01.02.2017 - 22:58
MetalManic
Finally, a decent album cover. Must be for the VHS sleeve.
01.02.2017 - 22:58
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Decent cover actually. Nothing I'd like to wonder in but doesn't hurt my eyes.
----
01.02.2017 - 23:51
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I like how every single comment has a different perspective towards the cover
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
01.02.2017 - 23:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The new artwork smells like banana flavoured shuttlecraft.
02.02.2017 - 01:15
raintrance
Absolutely beautiful.
02.02.2017 - 03:14
I was gonna comment on the artwork but something else caught my attention....

" This album is sick and minds will be blown! "

It's good to have faith and believe in what you are doing. Seriously I really respect people who believe in themselves and in what they are doing... but this fucking guy is something else! This guy is on a different level...Go sit in a plunge pool and chill the fuck down. Just by saying this album will be "sick" doesn't make it so. Also, while we are at it... " BLOW my mind " who talks like this? SERIOUSLY !
02.02.2017 - 09:24
raintrance
Written by BLIND GUARDIAN on 02.02.2017 at 03:14

It's good to have faith and believe in what you are doing. Seriously I really respect people who believe in themselves and in what they are doing... but this fucking guy is something else! This guy is on a different level...Go sit in a plunge pool and chill the fuck down. Just by saying this album will be "sick" doesn't make it so. Also, while we are at it... " BLOW my mind " who talks like this? SERIOUSLY !

Pretty sure the focus of this thread is about the artwork...
& the metal world would indeed flourish if artists talked their albums down. "This one's gonna be sorta lame..."
02.02.2017 - 10:59
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Two words: Sonata Arctica circa 10 years ago.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
02.02.2017 - 11:39
Andreas
I find Wintersun's antics in the media quite annoying, but that is one glorious cover art.
02.02.2017 - 11:39
Kuroboshi
Written by K✞ulu on 02.02.2017 at 10:59

Two words: Sonata Arctica circa 10 years ago.

That's 5 words.

What's the difference between summer and spring in the artwork?
02.02.2017 - 12:23
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Paz on 01.02.2017 at 19:32

It looks straight out of the Warcraft III.

I'd say more like Spellforce.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
02.02.2017 - 13:54
FeskarN
Looks good. But when is the album released? GIVE US A DATE
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
02.02.2017 - 20:24
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Cheesy but it lets you expect a more folk-oriented album, maybe something like older Ensiferum, instead of the 141515619815619 layers of symphonic bullshit from Time I...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
02.02.2017 - 20:51
Written by raintrance on 02.02.2017 at 09:24

& the metal world would indeed flourish if artists talked their albums down. "This one's gonna be sorta lame..."

You missed the point, obviously, and I will answer to you with THIS: (hopefully you'll understand what I was trying to say but if you still don't get it, I will explain to you what I meant)

SWALLOW THE SUN main songwriter and guitarist Juha Raivio comments on the triple-album concept: "Making a triple album in this godforsaken digital and modern day and age...Many will say it's madness. I say it is to bring worth, heart and respect back into the music and to the album format where it belongs. This should never turn into a shallow fast food industry where music is only downloaded one song at a time."

He continued: "These albums hold life, death, gloom, beauty and despair in their deepest levels and forms. The three chapters are different but connected, one long journey through these songs written up here in the North.

"Music is holy, albums are holy. See you on the other side, friends."

Raivio told Finland's Soundi magazine about the upcoming albums: "The records are very different from each other, but still form one entity: one with respect for SWALLOW THE SUN's traditions, the second beautifully acoustic, and the third a trip into funeral doom's dark world."

He continued: "We have undeniably done quite a lot work for these records. My attitude towards this very personal entity has been that if this project kills me, at least I can sleep well knowing that it's the most important SWALLOW THE SUN release."
03.02.2017 - 10:36
FYA
Destroyer
With all respect - I don't really believe that this album will be successful enough. There's too much 'wrongs' about.
03.02.2017 - 11:44
IBlackened
Written by raintrance on 02.02.2017 at 09:24

They may say it's amazing, but most of the time it's bullshit IMO. To me, it's just promotion.
----
Their old stuff is better.
03.02.2017 - 13:36
Litvin
Really cool artwork looking forward to a new album.

Hits total: 6278 | This month: 13