Metal Storm logo
Evanescence

Original post

Posted by Bas, 25.05.2006 - 22:11
Ok, so first of all i am aware of the fact that alot of people will come here and bash this band, if you do so i cant stop you, but i can ask you this, why do you hate this band? and most of all, how much have you actually heard by them?

so please people, no mindless bash posts, rather tell me what you dont like about them,

having said that, i wonder what their new cd will be like, i hope it'll be heaps better then fallen (which wont be very hard IMO)
i didnt really like fallen, i think it's not half as good as it could be, because i think Amy is an amazing vocalist, and i like their pre-fallen material very much,

please let me hear your opinions, what do you like better, fallen or their pre-fallen stuff?
20.11.2006 - 08:25
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Written by wrathchild on 19.11.2006 at 16:01

After many spins (well, I admit I'm talking about hard drive spins)

thats the funniest thing I've heard in a while

Written by wrathchild on 19.11.2006 at 16:01

I was disappointed when I saw their show in France was sold out when I had just been notified of the show...

MEGA-BUMMER dude
*thinking: did I sound Punk in this phrase
If that happens to me I'd KILL myself.....
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
31.12.2006 - 06:25
Bitch Boy
I think that Evanescence is an underrated band. I mean, they aren't metal, but their music is good, and so are the lyrics.
09.01.2007 - 10:48
Dark Stalker
When i think about this band , i understand that my life isn't so bad . I could be much worse if i was fan of this mallcore band .
----
In luck we trust!
13.01.2007 - 16:04
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Dark Stalker on 09.01.2007 at 10:48

When i think about this band , i understand that my life isn't so bad . I could be much worse if i was fan of this mallcore band .

i think you misunderstood, your life IS so bad if you're so closeminded and ignorant and immature, if you would have ever given them a single chance you certainly wouldnt call them mallcore, and even if they were, dont you have anything better to do with your spare time then go to band's threads and tell their fans that they are retarded for liking a band?

grow up
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
13.01.2007 - 17:03
Dark Stalker
I was fan of such bands when i was 15 . Now i like other music and i don't want to spare my time fighting in such useless brawls . Each man has his own opinion and i respect opinions of other people , but defending my own.
----
In luck we trust!
14.01.2007 - 16:49
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
that didnt sound very respectful of others' opinions...
----
15.01.2007 - 10:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Yeah I used to be one of those people that spit upon anything popular but i heard an evanescence song on the radio and I was really impressed and it surprised me when I found out it was evanescence, Amy Lee has got an incredibly powerful voice, I have a new found respect for this band.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.02.2007 - 16:57
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
i only like a few songs of Evanesence and seriously i dont really like amy lees voice ,i can hear her breathing and when i lsn to her sing i can make out she kinda gets out of breath
03.02.2007 - 03:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Doc G. on 15.01.2007 at 10:50

Yeah I used to be one of those people that spit upon anything popular but i heard an evanescence song on the radio and I was really impressed and it surprised me when I found out it was evanescence, Amy Lee has got an incredibly powerful voice, I have a new found respect for this band.

Same happened with me. And I highly agree with you, Evanescence is an impressive band. Amy has a great gtreat voice (not to mention she's beautiful), musicallyy they're quite good, and their lyrics are pretty good too. However the last album "The Open Door" was kind of dissapointing to me, it's too soft, not so hard, too many ballads. It was a stepdown from Fallen, IMO. What do you think?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.02.2007 - 21:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.02.2007 at 03:23

Same happened with me. And I highly agree with you, Evanescence is an impressive band. Amy has a great gtreat voice (not to mention she's beautiful), musicallyy they're quite good, and their lyrics are pretty good too. However the last album "The Open Door" was kind of dissapointing to me, it's too soft, not so hard, too many ballads. It was a stepdown from Fallen, IMO. What do you think?

I couldnt tell, I havnt purchased any of there albums yet, ive been considering it, but like I said, havnt got around to it yet.
----
- George Carlin
04.02.2007 - 19:41
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
I'd make love to Amy Lee just based on her voice...
06.02.2007 - 04:52
Tencho
In April they come to Argentina, when I see the concert we are going to see what´s up
07.02.2007 - 01:51
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Doc G. on 03.02.2007 at 21:42

I couldnt tell, I havnt purchased any of there albums yet, ive been considering it, but like I said, havnt got around to it yet.

You can always download, dude
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

07.02.2007 - 06:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 07.02.2007 at 01:51

Written by Doc G. on 03.02.2007 at 21:42

You can always download, dude

I never download. Ever. if you wanna know why just find my post in the "to download or not to download" thread.
----
- George Carlin
24.03.2007 - 07:15
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
good radio material
06.04.2007 - 11:36
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
The new video for 'Sweet Sacrifice' in online! Here is the link to view.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
06.04.2007 - 13:23
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
damn, Amy's voice is so brilliant again here, but the godawful guitars and drumming ruin it argh
----
26.04.2007 - 16:09
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Evanescence played here in Brazil (and in my city) just a few days ago. I was willing to set aside my tr00ness and go (I figured I'd have a good time), but fuck... the tickets were too damn expensive!
The half price tickets (given to students and people above 60 years of age) were R$70,00. And the place was way too crowded.. something like 15,000 people or so. Oh, well...
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
26.04.2007 - 17:35
APOHAKC
The Bard
I like this band, Amy have really nice voice... one of the rare bands of this genre I can actually listen to. First album is good, I never heard anything else...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
30.04.2007 - 20:51
magick
Account deleted
I think they are a great "rock" band, I love Amy Lee's voice and jus the music they produce. I especially like that new song they put out "Lithium" it's just so catchy.
20.06.2007 - 06:22
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I've relistened "The Open Door", adn it's pretty enjoyable. I still think it's their less good album, but it's pretty good anyway. Somehow the music changed, it's not so good, but Amy's voice's still great.
----

20.06.2007 - 18:36
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I got their album Fallen as soon as it came out in brazil, got it because I thought that the band had some potencial. Well I didnt hate it that much, because Fallen does have two pretty good ballads Helo, Immortal. But honestly Emy Lee's voice is pretty weak, she is like a Sharon 2.0

Also she cant control her breathing while singing live lol, I remember watching the live performance of My Immortal.
----
20.06.2007 - 19:40
Bash'
:)
Written by 4look4rd on 20.06.2007 at 18:36

But honestly Emy Lee's voice is pretty weak, she is like a Sharon 2.0

Sorry friend can't agree with you .. unless you mean her live performance .. but in studio it's really strong .. strong strong ..

From the album you mentioned .. Approximately all of the songs on it do have parts with strong and emotional vocaling from Amy ..

Even the new album didn't contain such parts, from what I do remember for now like in the track "Like You" ... what do you think??
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
20.06.2007 - 20:02
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by Bash' on 20.06.2007 at 19:40

Written by 4look4rd on 20.06.2007 at 18:36

But honestly Emy Lee's voice is pretty weak, she is like a Sharon 2.0

Sorry friend can't agree with you .. unless you mean her live performance .. but in studio it's really strong .. strong strong ..

From the album you mentioned .. Approximately all of the songs on it do have parts with strong and emotional vocaling from Amy ..

Even the new album didn't contain such parts, from what I do remember for now like in the track "Like You" ... what do you think??

I didnt get the new album, because the songs that I heard from it (a friend has it) I hated, thought it was way too popish, and yeah you were right Fallen is a pretty decent album, Im quite impressed now, and perhaps I will give them another chance
----
20.06.2007 - 20:36
Bash'
:)
Written by 4look4rd on 20.06.2007 at 20:02

I didnt get the new album, because the songs that I heard from it (a friend has it) I hated, thought it was way too popish, and yeah you were right Fallen is a pretty decent album, Im quite impressed now, and perhaps I will give them another chance

Well, from me I won't courage you alot to get your hands over the last release .. It's okay .. but not better than Fallen you have .. it's better than avrg .. but good to try it all the way ..
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
11.07.2007 - 04:13
Cassandra
Account deleted
i think amy lee is a talented song writer and performer, regardless of whether metal fans think its too mainstream or not.
11.07.2007 - 14:21
Oracle
Orcinus
I think evanescence is an alright band. what genre would you put them under? are they gothic rock, gothic metal, what are they? Some of their songs can be a lil bit metal but not all of them imo. Sometime i think that Amy Lee's voice can get a bit boring in some songs but others shes awesome.
11.07.2007 - 14:36
Black Winter
I don't know about that band, i mean it's amy lee on her own, all the original members are gone,amy lee is getting married, i'm not we can still call it Evanescence any more, some songs in'the open door' don't sound like rock or metal,(example: call me when you're sober), as for the genre, i would say alternative metal.with a gothic inspiration
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
17.07.2007 - 04:14
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by [user id=24842] on 11.07.2007 at 04:13

i think amy lee is a talented song writer and performer, regardless of whether metal fans think its too mainstream or not.

Well she is much better in studio, I didnt like her voice live that much exept when she sings "Helo" which is my favorite song/ballad by them.
----
17.07.2007 - 08:54
APOHAKC
The Bard
I used to hate this band, really don't know why, but I kinda like them in the last week or two, there are few songs I really liked. Amy's (that is her name right?) voice is quite nice, I like it. With few improvements in their music they could be decent band
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!