Metal Storm logo
Meditation

28.05.2007 - 06:22
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I was just wondering if anyone else here practices meditation?
what aspects of your life has it help you to improve upon yourself?

I have started to practice it everyday for the last few weeks, with good results, improved consentration, eased levels of stress, and better moods, as well as being more creative in work and in general everyday activities, new ideas as well just seem to flow as well.
anyway i was just wondering if anyone else has tried meditation, and how it has affected you?
28.05.2007 - 08:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yes I have been actively practicing meditation since I was young. My father taught it to me as a martial discipline when I was young. It also plays a big role in the spiritual aspects of my life. One of the excersizes I practice is that I stare at a candle, and just allow my conciousness to fade to another world. This way I commune with the elements around me. It's a good one.

Another one I use is The opening of the major Chakras throughout my body. This helps create a more open flow of energy and increases ones mental as well as spiritual health. After that I tend to charge the power centers inside the Chakra, which helps the effects of the initial meditation Drastically.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
28.05.2007 - 11:51
Jg1
Opening chakras, spritutal health and so on... sound nice. Any tutorials on how to get started?
28.05.2007 - 14:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Following Magnus here, how do youget so concentrated? I sometimes try bet am easily disturbed. Which is weird, cause I am able to focus on doing something.

Any tips?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2007 - 14:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
I would really love to start doing meditations. I have tryied once, but it was desaster.

Any useful books, web pages?
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.05.2007 - 18:27
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@all those with questions: To start with, here are some helpful links.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meditation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qigong
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visualization

Those are all Wiki links to just random helpful things I could think of
For those asking how to begin, I would start with Isolating yourself to a private area where you won't be disturbed (Most likely your bedroom or some woods.) the next step I would take is have some herbal tea on hand. I think good teas are Chamomile or green tea, and make sure they're hot or at least warm. The next step is to burn some incense, and please make sure it's a natural incense of an actual herb, noe of that generic "Hollow earth" bullshit, because incense with names like that are just hooks in the mouths of inexperienced Spiritualists. Sometimes however, that's the only choice, in which case, is understandable. I really like using Sandalwood, it's simple, pleasent, and all around useful. The third step to doing this is just letting yourself relax, let your mind be put at ease, and try to clear it, to forget all you problems and all about normal life in general.

Now for actual meditations, there are a number of them, so I suppose I wil explain about opening/charging the Chakras. You will want to close your eyes and begin to breathe steadily, in through your nose, out through your mouth. Make sure your breaths are deep and correctly done. Do this for a while untill you hardly have to think to do it. Then we want to work on a technique called Visualization. Visualiztion is our ability to create mental images and connect them to what we are trying to achieve here. So our first step in visualization will be to visualize a small crystal in the small of our back. I want you to imagine energy from the earth, sky, sun, moon, etc. going into the crystal, and as a result, the crystal spins, and with more energy, they crystal spins faster. When it has taken in it's peak point of energy, it spins very quickly and opens up a portal in that area of your back. Once you have done this, you have successfully opened the first chakra. Repeat the process except visualize instead the crystal in your naval, in your chest, in your heart, in your forhead, and a floating crystal above your head. When you've done this you have opened up the six main chakras in your body. Now there should be a more open flow of energy. Next I want you to visualize, and to actually try to feel, energy gathering in your two hands. Gather it from the same places before, the earth, the sky, the sun, the mood etc. Feel the warmth, and the expanding and contracting of the energy in your hands. Then when you have gathered enough energy, inhale it and imagine it going into one of the perspective chakras, charging and cleansing it, untill it has been charged. Repeat the process with all of the chakras untill task has been completed.

I hope this has helped
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.05.2007 - 18:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Thanks.

I remember I read that article about Lucid Dreaming before, quite interesting.

Do you listen to music when you meditate? I suppose not, but if you do, what sort of music?

I think I'll try it tonight, we'll see how it works out.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2007 - 19:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lucas on 28.05.2007 at 18:34

Thanks.

Do you listen to music when you meditate? I suppose not, but if you do, what sort of music?

yeah, arian's quite a master yoda, only bigger
obviously death metal wouldn't be any good so ambient music could be good, but if you're a attention freak(like you can't help focusing your attention on the music, like me ) then better with no music at all.
28.05.2007 - 19:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 28.05.2007 at 19:03

Thanks.

obviously death metal wouldn't be any good so ambient music could be good, but if you're a attention freak(like you can't help focusing your attention on the music, like me ) then better with no music at all.

I think I'll have some nice ambient/atmospheric stuff to listen to.
----

28.05.2007 - 20:36
Jg1
Could you talk about timeline? Because I have heard that just getting some relaxion comes quick, but opening some... umm... higher channels and getting in touch with higher levels of awareness and so on takes years. Im sure lot of beginners try for a week, see that they haven't achieved anything cool yet, no huge energies flowing through body, and quit.
28.05.2007 - 23:53
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher

Thanks.

I don't listen to any music, because much like cursed I can't halp but listen to what's playing.
But lots of people prefer CD's that mimic natural noises, such as rolling ocean waves or sounds form woods such as barn owls etc. It helps to simulate a natural setting. Perhaps trying that would help. Also world music such as Enigma helps people too.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.05.2007 - 23:55
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 28.05.2007 at 19:03

Lolz I remember those days
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

29.05.2007 - 00:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Jg1 on 28.05.2007 at 20:36

Could you talk about timeline? Because I have heard that just getting some relaxion comes quick, but opening some... umm... higher channels and getting in touch with higher levels of awareness and so on takes years. Im sure lot of beginners try for a week, see that they haven't achieved anything cool yet, no huge energies flowing through body, and quit.

Actually, you can make signifigant advances in a short period of time, at least in my experience. I was teaching one of my friends how to gather energy fo a while, and he was having a hard time doing it. So i taught him how to open his chakras, once he learned how, it was a lot easier for him to do, and now he can gather energy and meditate much more efficiantly. Now I am not saying that you'll be able to signifigantly heal anyone yet with your energy, nor can you wield it as a weapon yet. That is the kind of thing that takes years of training, but it's not impossible.
Here is a clip from youtube of a man who has mastered energy healing. They claim he's the only one in the worl of his kind but I know better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbFYMHuXKDE
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

29.05.2007 - 01:13
Icewings
La Luna
YAY meditation! of course ancient practice of relaxation , but well not only you achieve relaxation with meditation , you achieve everything and anything you want to achieve . SO yea I meditate and let me tell you for the in the beginning is not easy at all because many thoughts would come to you and you try to concentrate but I think you have to let them go softly not sharply because it would take away everything from you . so there's different types of meditation you could start with visual meditation so you could light a candle and look at it and concentrate don't let anything else bother you also you could try sound meditation and is my favorite because you can concentrate so maybe you could go to the shower and hear the water and just concentrate on the sound or you could buy something about sound meditation and they would have sounds and stuff , or well just regular meditation that takes a lot because your mind will wonder a lot in the beginning but well everything is practice and it takes time . Meditation is great for mental health, physical health and most important spiritual health.

Ok one important point if you are going to open the chakras you have to close them because if you don't it would creat a dis balance . Anyways wonderful threat !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
29.05.2007 - 01:19
Sunioj
Im half asian, and I dont know crap about meditation, except maybe in front of a god or goddess shrine....Ive never practiced it genuinly, but someday I think I will....I could use an open minded session for releasing bad energy etc.
29.05.2007 - 16:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 28.05.2007 at 23:53

Thanks.

I don't listen to any music, because much like cursed I can't halp but listen to what's playing.
But lots of people prefer CD's that mimic natural noises, such as rolling ocean waves or sounds form woods such as barn owls etc. It helps to simulate a natural setting. Perhaps trying that would help. Also world music such as Enigma helps people too.

Ok, I decided to listen to Lurker Of Chalice. Ambient black metal stuff, very cool.

Anyway, I tried opening those Chakra's you mentioned, but I horribly failed. First I concentrated on my breathing and then on the visualization, but I couldn't vizualize anything. So I went back to focusing on my breathing again.

And then something fucked me up.

I don't know what exactly happened, but I know I felt the same things everytime I was really spaced out by lots of weed. Pretty cool. I started seeing my own face, feeling my head move from side ot side like a madman (though I'm sure it didn't move at all) and more weird things.

Not sure if that is what is supposed to happen, but I really enjoyed it.
----

29.05.2007 - 23:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Lucas on 29.05.2007 at 16:47

Written by Arian Totalis on 28.05.2007 at 23:53

Thanks.

Ok, I decided to listen to Lurker Of Chalice. Ambient black metal stuff, very cool.

Anyway, I tried opening those Chakra's you mentioned, but I horribly failed. First I concentrated on my breathing and then on the visualization, but I couldn't vizualize anything. So I went back to focusing on my breathing again.

And then something fucked me up.

I don't know what exactly happened, but I know I felt the same things everytime I was really spaced out by lots of weed. Pretty cool. I started seeing my own face, feeling my head move from side ot side like a madman (though I'm sure it didn't move at all) and more weird things.

Not sure if that is what is supposed to happen, but I really enjoyed it.

lolz, that could have very well been a spiritual experience, or could have been a side effect of the weed
But as for visualization, it takes some practice. You should probably practice visualization techniques throughout the day. Do it while eating, listening to music, at school etc. just try to close your eyes and create a strong mental image. Practice makes perfect.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

30.05.2007 - 00:01
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I practice meditation everyday. One thing I have been focusing on more and more in my spiritual life are the disciplines. The spiritual disciplines I practice on daily basis are prayer, study, celibacy, meditation, and Lectio Divina. Out of all of them, meditation and Lectio Divina tend to be the hardest to do. I tend to work the two in together, but trying to find the time to spend doing a quality job is becoming more and more scares.

Several times a week I practice other disciplines such as teaching and fellowship. These tend not to be on a schedule, they just sort of happen. And then about once a month I practice Communion, fasting and silence.
----
(space for rent)
30.05.2007 - 00:15
Remus
Written by Arian Totalis on 28.05.2007 at 08:16

I stare at a candle, and just allow my conciousness to fade to another world.

Acording to romanian folk culture if you stare at an open flame i.e candle or match-stick, you'll most likely wet the bed the following time you sleep. Ever happen to you ?

Just kidding guy, although my granny did use to tell me that story. Anyway thanks for the meditation/crystal tips, i'll try them out before i go to bed.
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
30.05.2007 - 00:34
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Remus on 30.05.2007 at 00:15

Written by Arian Totalis on 28.05.2007 at 08:16

I stare at a candle, and just allow my conciousness to fade to another world.

Acording to romanian folk culture if you stare at an open flame i.e candle or match-stick, you'll most likely wet the bed the following time you sleep. Ever happen to you ?

Just kidding guy, although my granny did use to tell me that story. Anyway thanks for the meditation/crystal tips, i'll try them out before i go to bed.

Ah yeah, the good ol' "if you play with fire you'll wet the bed" routine. I was told that one too. I never wet the bed due to that ironically enough.

And hey, always happy to help.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

30.05.2007 - 00:41
Remus
^ Me neither. always had other reasons Anyway, off to meditation, wish me luck people
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
30.05.2007 - 00:41
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
Written by Dane Train on 30.05.2007 at 00:01

I practice meditation everyday. One thing I have been focusing on more and more in my spiritual life are the disciplines. The spiritual disciplines I practice on daily basis are prayer, study, celibacy, meditation, and Lectio Divina. Out of all of them, meditation and Lectio Divina tend to be the hardest to do. I tend to work the two in together, but trying to find the time to spend doing a quality job is becoming more and more scares.

Several times a week I practice other disciplines such as teaching and fellowship. These tend not to be on a schedule, they just sort of happen. And then about once a month I practice Communion, fasting and silence.

Heh, maybe in this thread there will open a possibility of some dialogue between christians and pagans . Peace.

I'll be just an observer, of course.
30.05.2007 - 11:42
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Man this has followed a strange path this thread. Someone said something about high levels of consiousness. Umm... i dont want to sound crazy but i get deep enough to be able to talk to myself, and answer myself without a thought of the answer. So hey maybe there is something more to that.
No i don't listen to music when i try to meditate, unless its very quiet and ambient. I tried to with dante's inferno, but found myself distracted by the story of the song.
30.05.2007 - 17:29
Icewings
La Luna
Yeah dear what Arian Totalis said it is true it needs practice and visualization but just in case anyone could try Yoga that will work your chakras big time and what I said it is important to get knowledge before doing anything , get yourself informed about the chakras the colours, everything fragrances uhmm here's also a simple exercise to begin any exercise :

*1.Non-Visual

Stand or sit with your spine straight and your body balanced .Do not cross your legs if you are sitting in a chair or your ankles if you are sitting on the floor .

BEGIN BY BEING AWARE OF THE RHYTHM OF YOUR BREATHING AND LETTING IT SLOW DOWN .You now draw the breath in as though letting it slow down.You now draw the breath is as though it comes from just above the crown of your head:draw it down through the center of your body ;change to the out breath at a point which feels natural for you and breathe out as though right down and through your legs and into the earth.Breathe in this way about five times in/out sequence .

Now on the alternate breath sequence begin to breathe up from the earth , through the centre of your body , letting the out -breath go out through the crown of your head .
Continue to breathe in this way ,without straining or forcing for about five minutes .Always end on the downward breath sequence, repeating it in this direction more than once if you wish.Feel the balance of your body and then continue with your normal task.

*2.Visualization from the Central Column

If the outdoor conditions are favorable and there is a suitable tree that you know , it is good to do this exercise with your back against it and your bare feet on the earth.At other times follow the posture instructions of exercise 1 .
Begin by being aware of your breathing rhythm and let it steady and perhaps slow down a little .

Visualize yourself as a tree.Your branches stretch out above, and your roots stretch deeply into the earth ,your trunk is straight and strong . you are nurtured by the four elements .Sun that warms you , air refreshes you , your roots are in the earth and seek the underground streams and sources of water .

Breathe in through your branches , from the elements of air and sun , take the breath right down through your trunk and breathe out strongly into your roots , into the earth and the streams of living water.

Breath in now from the earth and the living water , bring the breath up through your roots , through your trunk ,into your branches and breath out into the elements of air and sun.

Repeat these two breath sequences for five to ten minutes .Then gradually let the visualization fade.Feel your feet firmly on the ground , your own space all around you and proceed with a sense of centredness to normal activities .

so why is this important ?It is important to work on central column because each chakra feeds and is fed from the central column .

*Now I wanted to touch on something else. I mean I'm not trying to get into your lives no everything is a personal choice it just that it is important to be aware what can disrupt or damage the chakras of course it could be fixed but they are very sensitive . Drugs and alcohol and all of that will open them greatly and when it is abused they stay open and that is not a good thing because it will make you open to all types of energies , also with drugs it is dangerous as well because that opens everything and the things you experience perhaps is not so much of a hallucination , could be the other world , or all the colors you see or that people describe to see , that is surely the spectrum and well so many things, but be aware !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
07.06.2007 - 15:47
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Yes! Since I do not pray, I meditate in the vein ov what Buddha taught. It helps bring me toward 'my horizon' and to see things in a more clear and positive light.
12.06.2007 - 20:35
Im_Haunted
Account deleted
I practice meditation to help with my lucid dreaming if anyone is interested.
14.06.2007 - 04:01
Alf~rad
so many peolple said that meditation help his or her espiritual life but really they dont see the really meaning of meditation and it is beyond a tought , so what are your purpouse for meditation (culture, curiosity, etc.), and what have you find or what do you like to find in a meditation discipline, (because meditation it is not a hobbie)

so please tell me, everyone please = )

feel good
-Daniel
----
14.06.2007 - 05:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Alf~rad on 14.06.2007 at 04:01

so many peolple said that meditation help his or her espiritual life but really they dont see the really meaning of meditation and it is beyond a tought , so what are your purpouse for meditation (culture, curiosity, etc.), and what have you find or what do you like to find in a meditation discipline, (because meditation it is not a hobbie)

Well, what you say is not completely a truth. You see, there are an endless amount of different kinds of meditation, and some are beyond thought, others however, are thought concentrated, and regaurdless all the meditations I do are for the sake of spiritual growth.

What do I find beneficial to meditating? A calmed mind, wisdom, and spiritual growth.

What do you find benificial in meditation?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

14.06.2007 - 06:16
Alf~rad
Written by Arian Totalis on 14.06.2007 at 05:20

Well, what you say is not completely a truth. You see, there are an endless amount of different kinds of meditation, and some are beyond thought, others however, are thought concentrated, and regaurdless all the meditations I do are for the sake of spiritual growth.

What do I find beneficial to meditating? A calmed mind, wisdom, and spiritual growth.

Of course there are different kinds of meditation,.. sorry if you dont understand me Im not that good in english class jaja
so if there are differente kinds of meditation, what kind of meditation did you practice.?

well benefical things about meditation, discipline, complete control of your own body, contemplatino about everything that involves Life, learn to love Me and the Humanity, and that englobes everything learn to love and know yourself... Im not saying that I reach everything, of course not thats why my parethns tech me, and right now is youst helping me out to live better my life .
nice topic

is good to write this please I dont know to much, so please if someone knows any media to know more, please write. =)
and thank you for your comment
-Daniel
----
14.06.2007 - 08:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Alf~rad on 14.06.2007 at 06:16

Written by Arian Totalis on 14.06.2007 at 05:20

Of course there are different kinds of meditation,.. sorry if you dont understand me Im not that good in english class jaja
so if there are differente kinds of meditation, what kind of meditation did you practice.?

well benefical things about meditation, discipline, complete control of your own body, contemplatino about everything that involves Life, learn to love Me and the Humanity, and that englobes everything learn to love and know yourself... Im not saying that I reach everything, of course not thats why my parethns tech me, and right now is youst helping me out to live better my life .
nice topic

is good to write this please I dont know to much, so please if someone knows any media to know more, please write. =)
and thank you for your comment
-Daniel

Well, I practice mainly things that help me expand upon improvement of self, as well as spiritual growth. I work alot with spiritual energy known as Chi or Qi (I use the latter term) I open chakras, help charge myself with spirit energy, etc. I also try to seek spirit guides, but thus far (and I have been trying for years) I can not find them. Maby one day

If you want more Info I have plenty of links in previous posts.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko