Metal Storm logo
Your Favorite Christian Metal Band?

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 30.05.2007 - 22:36
The Christian message is an ever-growing theme in Metal. From the early days it was looked at like a fluke, but now some of the biggest bands in Metal have Christian members, like, Iron Maiden, Megadeth and Dream Theater.

But there are those bands which put their faith in Jesus Christ at the forefront of the their music, and those are the bands that I wanted to poll. I picked what I thought were the 8 most popular bands from this faith, but left the "other" option just in case there are other choices. This list just deals with regular Metal bands, and not the Metalcore scene, which is heavily populated with Christian bands. So please don't pick "other" if your choice is a Metalcore band.

So, please pick your favorite, and tell us a little bit as to why.

For me, I have to go with Living Sacrifice. While Stryper is will always hold a place in my heart, Living Sacrifice is still my pick. Their albums are all solid releases filled with some brutal music and powerful lyrics. Even since their break up they're still noted as being a huge force is the Christian music scene.

Poll

Which Christian Metal band is your favorite?

other, please do tell...
Stryper
Extol
Living Sacrifice
Tourniquet
Mortification
Saviour Machine
Immortal Souls
Lengsel

Total votes: 206
04.10.2019 - 21:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by no one on 04.10.2019 at 07:30

Antestor
I really like the super homophobic review they actually recommended on there Facebook page from the King of douche bags http://www.deathmetal.org/news/antestor-re-release-of-return-of-the-black-death-out-today/#more-34474

wat?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.10.2019 - 20:38
BennyMetGer

Antestor
19.11.2022 - 18:49
grandmascadillac

Trouble of course (RIP Eric Wagner)
13.02.2023 - 11:00
Morax

Never really liked christian metal.. I'm more into satanic and anti-christian bands..
13.02.2023 - 17:22
Metal Rasputin

I'd say there are many great Christian bands, but Theocracy are arguably the best. They are incredible all around. Tourniquet and Deliverance are also kickass.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!