08. Absolute Destitute
09. The Great Dying II
10. Finish Them
11. With All Disrespect
12. Time's Cruel Curtain
13. The Unerasable Past [feat. John Fishman & Tony Parker]
14. Death Atlas [feat. Laure Le Prunenec]
15. An Extreme Indifference To Human Life [bonus]
16. In The Kingdom Of The Blind, The One-Eyed Are Kings [Dead Can Dance cover] [feat. Ottone Pesante] [bonus]

The Best Death Metal Album Of 2019
Top 20 albums of 2019: 15

Additional info
Produced, mixed and mastered at Flatline Audio Studio in Denver, CO.
Drums recorded at Band Cave Studios in Denver, CO.

Staff review by
musclassia
Rating:
How much is too much of a good thing? Travis Ryan is on a quest to find out.

Read more ››
published 26.11.2019 | Comments (8)

Guest review by
omne metallum
Rating:
Back with another slab of some the hardest hitting tech death you will hear, Cattle Decapitation return on their eighth album still full of purpose and urgency; this is a fire that is still clearly raging within the band. Armed with some tweaks to their classic formula, the band offer up their most varied album to date, while not easing off on the grind sound at all. A soundtrack to the end of the world, if you aren't filled with existential dread by the end of this then clearly you weren't listening close enough.

Read more ››
published 13.04.2020 | Comments (0)

Found in 44 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 33   Visited by: 716 users
26.11.2019 - 21:20
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Bruh, November 29 cannot come fast enough.

27.11.2019 - 01:46
gavdann
To say this album is eagerly anticipated would be a colossal understatement.
29.11.2019 - 04:56
Majohadica
Very great album
29.11.2019 - 11:22
Rating: 8
Fausttsuaf
The Harvest Floor is still a personal favorite but Death Atlas is extraordinary. Being a member of Cattle Decapitation must be really difficult. Such delivery👌👌👌
29.11.2019 - 13:33
Rating: 5
vicvisy
Logical evolution from the previous two albums, unfortunatly the band is now a parody of themselves. In my opinion the riffs are predictible, some "melodic" vocals are unbearable, and in general the album lacks of brutality.
The geocide, one day closer to the end of the world, absolute destitute are good songs
29.11.2019 - 13:50
nonZero
Not as strong as their previous 2 albums, but still a decent record. The 3 tracks they released before the album are by far the strongest on this (with 'Finish Them' coming in at 3rd for me).

This album doesn't feature anywhere near as many twists and turns, and some of the riffs are generic. For me though, the strength of the highlights outweigh the overall slight feeling of monotony.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)
29.11.2019 - 15:06
gavdann
The three advance released tracks were great but w.r.t the rest of the album, it's too soon for me to say.

Scored a 2.5 on AMG though and that's normally a pretty good benchmark.
29.11.2019 - 20:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Oh my god I literally started laughing out loud when the high-metal-elf vocals came in

Why would they ever think those were a good idea? I had to double check to make sure I was still listening to Cattle Decapitation.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.11.2019 - 22:54
gavdann
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.11.2019 at 20:24

Oh my god I literally started laughing out loud when the high-metal-elf vocals came in

Why would they ever think those were a good idea? I had to double check to make sure I was still listening to Cattle Decapitation.

That's not a new thing though. If you've listened to Cattle Decap before, why would you be surprised at his shrieked cleans?
29.11.2019 - 23:06
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by gavdann on 29.11.2019 at 22:54

That's not a new thing though. If you've listened to Cattle Decap before, why would you be surprised at his shrieked cleans?

So I've learned, it's been awhile since I've sat down and listened. They really kill the vibe for me.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.11.2019 - 00:32
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.11.2019 at 23:06

So I've learned, it's been awhile since I've sat down and listened. They really kill the vibe for me.

Which is weird as hell considering they're easily the best and most distinct thing about the band.
30.11.2019 - 05:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 30.11.2019 at 00:32

Which is weird as hell considering they're easily the best and most distinct thing about the band.

I don't know about the best thing but it's certainly become a staple ingredient in their recipe. Understandable how divisive an aspect it is though. I haven't heard this one yet and still holding off until I see them live next week just for post-comparison's sake but if it's similar to what they've been doing recently them I'm down.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.11.2019 - 13:28
Rating: 10
LedZep
In my opinion their best. Still incredibly brutal band, but they're also catchy and epic now as well. Progressive elements are present too, love it.
30.11.2019 - 16:32
CWA
Written by Boxcar Willy on 29.11.2019 at 23:06

Man, you really kill the vibe of every thread I see you post in. The shrieks are a fantastic edition to the deathgrind experience. I personally think they are some of the most horrific sounding vocals, at certain points, and if more extreme metal bands could incorporate them into their music it would elevate the genre as a whole. If you want the same monotonous cookie monster vocals ad nasum listen to the other 99% of death metal band out there. Cattle fans like variety and versatility.
30.11.2019 - 20:36
nikarg
Staff
tl;dr: the album is awesome and Travis Ryan kicks ass as usual.
30.11.2019 - 23:52
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by CWA on 30.11.2019 at 16:32

Man, you really kill the vibe of every thread I see you post in.

Sorry I hurt your feelings bro, I hope he sees this.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.12.2019 - 19:47
CWA
Written by Boxcar Willy on 30.11.2019 at 23:52

Written by CWA on 30.11.2019 at 16:32

Man, you really kill the vibe of every thread I see you post in.

Sorry I hurt your feelings bro, I hope he sees this.

It takes a big man to apologize, especially online. Now that you salved my wounded heart I can pick up my head continue with my life. Much respect.
02.12.2019 - 18:20
Rating: 6
FYA
Destroyer
The Unerasable Past is very sad.
02.12.2019 - 21:10
Rating: 7
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I wasn't able to connect with "Anthropocene" as much as I did "Monolith" due to lack of vigorousness, but boy I found in abundance in this impressive record.

Highlights: "Bring Back The Plague" and "Death Atlas".
03.12.2019 - 13:24
Ball Fondlers
It's a bit too.... umm..... "heavy"
04.12.2019 - 17:19
Fabiano
It is the first grind album that I enjoy listening to. I like the fact that has some meloblack elements and different types of vocals.
05.12.2019 - 19:39
Rating: 6
Blindhate
Written by Fabiano on 04.12.2019 at 17:19

It is the first grind album that I enjoy listening to. I like the fact that has some meloblack elements and different types of vocals.

Right
06.12.2019 - 23:00
The Witchfinder
Account deleted
Not as outright explosive as Anthropocence Era but man what a grower. It's already surpassed Monolith for me.
07.01.2020 - 12:35
marcoleccesi
Despite their previous release, this one have at first listen the "wow effects", but sincerely, that's all, after 2 listening, there's nothing that put me on listening again,it just need 2 listening to collect all mood and feeling.

Their previous album were more time addicted, i can still listening previous album, whilt this one make me get good vibes at first and then stop

Also that "clean" vocals, at first impression i said "wow, amazing and original", but really after listening on all album, on every songs, at the end, that vocals was terrifying
05.02.2020 - 05:31
tintinb
Liked Anthropocene Extinction more than this. This seems to be lacking in heaviness a bit.
----
Leeches everywhere.
23.02.2020 - 13:46
Rating: 5
H-metal
Don't get all the hype about this album. Slouching and dragging at times. Could be better.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
16.03.2020 - 23:10
Ganondox
Anthropocene Extinction just seemed to be another Cattle Decapitation album to me, but this is something else. It's not just technical, it's truly progressive, all while maintaining the brutality they are known for and the mournfulness they've shown on the last few albums. This is not just a collection of songs, but a tragic story.
25.03.2020 - 05:08
Rating: 9
Pelcu
I'm so surprised! This album is great - in case of incredible vocals, brutal riffs and overall sounding. Really like it and cannot stop listen (awaiting children sounding vocal parts).
----
Don't look for solution - look for EXIT!
18.09.2021 - 07:19
Leperor
For next album, give Travis 'Shards of Glass and Pieces of metal' to gargle with.
23.10.2021 - 16:20
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
First time listening to this band and I'm impressed! Ultra intense riffs, profound and relevant lyrics, and (like CWA mentioned in this thread) a captivating variety in vocal styles!

Hits total: 11845 | This month: 109