Metal Storm logo
Your favourite console

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 24.06.2007 - 14:48
mine is PS3 ... but i have not extra money too buy that. so i have bought a PSP, that is good ...

Poll

what is your favourite console

Other consoles
X-box 360
PS3
Wii
Nintendo DS
PSP

Total votes: 82
07.12.2008 - 11:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 22.11.2008 at 23:52

Super Nintendo is WHERE ITS AT. im sorry but the original Donkey Kong, NBA Jam, Top Gear and Mario Kart just cannot be touched. N64 is a close second.

I actually work at a store that carries a wide variety of video games from all consoles, as well as the consoles themselves (other than PC games) and I must say you are right. While working at this store I have had the opportunity to play pretty much every console extensively, from original gameboy to gameboy DS to PSP to Sega Gamegear, Intellivision, Calecovision, Atari, sega, nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Nintendo Wii, PS, PS2, XBOX, XBOX360, PS3 etc (and most of the generations of previously listed game systems).

Judging by graphics vs replay ability, Super Nintendo is by far the best console. Anything before Super Nintendo lacked the decent graphics to be anything all that interesting or worthwhile playing more than once. While most stuff after became far too deep and storyline oriented to have a casual game or two. The consoles these days are based around far too many deep story lines where you need to sit down for a solid 3 hours to actually do anything worthwhile. With Super Nintendo (even with the RPG's on that system), it was easy to have a good time playing for 30 minutes before heading off to work and easily be able to put it down, while at the same time it was easy to play 3 hours with friends. And since these games were not so deep-story oriented, the replay ability was much higher. The next thing to come close was N64, because that system had the best party play of any system. In fact, Nintendo is probably THEE most consistent video game company. These new whipper-snapper systems are all Internet based and being able to play while sitting next to a friend getting drunk is pretty much eliminated, which ruins the fun of many video games (Nintendo kept this factor in mind while making the Wii, which further supports my previous point about party play and Nintendo being the most consistent).

The worst system of all time? Xbox 360, I don't think I need to elaborate on that one.

Trust me, I get paid to have knowledge in pointless crap like this, I'm a professional.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.12.2008 - 16:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 03.12.2008 at 12:41

Written by LeChron James on 02.12.2008 at 18:43

Written by Guest on 02.12.2008 at 15:00

Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 02:19

Written by Hrothdane on 23.11.2008 at 23:24

Written by LeChron James on 22.11.2008 at 23:52

Super Nintendo is WHERE ITS AT. im sorry but the original Donkey Kong, NBA Jam, Top Gear and Mario Kart just cannot be touched. N64 is a close second.

The N64 was frickin classic. Goldeneye, Turok, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, Starfox 64, the list goes on and on and on...

GoldenEye was the SHIT. that console had SO many good games. did N64 have a mario kart?

Mario Kart 64 is the best multiplayer game of all time.

i thought the 64 had a mario kart. you think its the best of all time?

I do. Back in school me and a couple of mates used to play it all the time and it was always the most competetive and fun game, even though it's really simplistic. It's simplicity is probably why it's so good.

is mario kart like Crazy Chicken Kart?(otherwise known as Moorhuhn kart) or is it similar? CCK rules completely.
08.12.2008 - 16:09
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 07.12.2008 at 16:29

[is mario kart like Crazy Chicken Kart?(otherwise known as Moorhuhn kart) or is it similar? CCK rules completely.

Man I've never heard of Crazy Chicken Kart but from the screenshots I've just looked at it looks like a rip off of Mario Kart.
09.12.2008 - 06:05
iaberis
Advice Troll
I went for other since I play from my pc xD
----
Bitch! Please
28.12.2008 - 23:10
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by iaberis on 09.12.2008 at 06:05

PC is very hard to play. Even when I played from my PC I used controllers.. Keyboard sucks. And now the only games I play on my PC are strategic games, because all other genres are hard to play for me with keyboards.
29.12.2008 - 09:04
tulkas
el parcero
Chose other consoles 'cause i choos my x-box, not the 360. i'm pretty happy with it, imo it's a good console and the games are pretty good as well. this ain't one of my hobbies, but the x-box does it for me. i played wii at a friends house but didn't like it so much. sure, i's revolutionary and all, but i don't know, i wouldn't buy, it just doesn't do it for me. i prfer the regular x-box remote that can handle from the comfornt of my bed and sheets
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
01.01.2009 - 19:41
Kanto
Like other people have said...N64 is a piece of History, the best console ever f*cking sh*t!!!
----
...Dude.
02.01.2009 - 22:32
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by Hamird on 28.12.2008 at 23:10

Written by iaberis on 09.12.2008 at 06:05

PC is very hard to play. Even when I played from my PC I used controllers.. Keyboard sucks. And now the only games I play on my PC are strategic games, because all other genres are hard to play for me with keyboards.

yeah i have a controller for games like that too
----
Bitch! Please
03.01.2009 - 07:05
Hellkommando
I've had consoles my whole life, my favs would be the Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast. I also thought the original Nintendo and the Super Nintendo were awesome too. But I am a huge Sega fan id love to see them put out another console, I currently have a 360 and I think it is pretty good.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
09.01.2009 - 06:55
Drop Out
Account deleted
I don't think anything beats the original Sony Playstation.
09.01.2009 - 08:54
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 09.01.2009 at 06:55

I think the playstation was the first friendly machine for "hardcore" gamers so your right in a way. But... N64 just cant be beat. its the Napoleon of the ninties. and the Playstation 2 was its Waterloo...
----
Coldgrits
21.01.2009 - 03:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Dad bought a Wii.
I have to say I'm quite pleased with it. you can dopwnload tons of games, at incredibly cheap prices, including some of teh old school NES and SNES systems, Sega Genesis and N64.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
06.02.2009 - 01:32
OCS

Right!
----
Mef.
06.02.2009 - 03:35
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite

I tend to agree with that. So many fabulous games, especially in the RPG stuff... FF7, FFT, Chrono Cross, Valkyrie Profile, Vagrant Story...
The N64 was very good too, but more multi-users friendly I think (the best Mario Kart ever)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
07.09.2009 - 20:38
Immortal

I second that notion! The greatness of a console can only be defined by the games that were released and you have to admit the Playstation has many awesome titles.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
16.09.2009 - 16:22
Angel Of Mercy
I have to say the Wii for THIS GENERATION. Simply because yes the graphics aren't as good as a 360 or a PS3 but they are funner to play (for me at least)

last generation

Xbox (Halo 2!)
----
Your time will come.
24.12.2009 - 00:37
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I voted for the Xbox 360 its great it looks good the controllers are much better than what the soney offers, maybe i just like it cause i have one
05.01.2010 - 13:41
Immortal
Written by Angel Of Mercy on 16.09.2009 at 16:22

I have to say the Wii

The Wii isn't a console it's a toy!!!
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
09.01.2010 - 21:56
The Shape
Definitely the PS3, Well for this generation. And overrall it's the PS2. The PS3 atm has the best graphics, and the best exclusive games out there. well and it's built to a higher standard then the xbox 360. But the PS2 is the greatest console of all time. It's been going to 10 years and it's still going strong. It has over 1700 games for it and they are all great. So my vote goes to the PS2
----