08. Behind Space
09. Only For The Weak
10. Gyroscope
11. Scorn
12. Ordinary Story
13. Pinball Map
14. Colony
15. Episode 666

For me this album was the biggest musical letdown of 2001. I mean, this IS In Flames, isn's it? How can an album that has Episode 666, Ordinary Story, Moonshield, Only For The Weak, Pinball Map, Colony and other great classics all on the same cd, be anything but one of the greatest albums of all time?

Well, it seems In Flames found a way. No, I'm not complaining about the overwhelming amount of material from Clayman, which is given one-third of the album. No, in fact, while a bit more of their older material would have been appreciated, I was quite pleased with their song selection. The problem here is that the sound is TERRIBLE for an In Flames album. The guitars are as thin as can be, Anders seems to have lost almost all vocal ability, and half the time, I'm left wondering whether Daniel is playing drums or pots and pans. Now, in fairness, it's not always like that, but it is far too often.

Now, if you're like me, you're going to buy this anyways because, hey, it's In Flames, and when you see an In Flames album you don's have, you buy it, pure and simple. But chances are that after you listen to this once or twice, you're going to put it on the shelf and go back to listening to their studio albums. If you're new to In Flames, do not make this your introduction. Buy any other album first. Oh well, at least I can have the satisfaction of knowing I helped support them by buying this.

Written by Account deleted | 02.09.2003

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 63 users
05.07.2007 - 21:58
Rating: 5
BlankFile
Bad Live... Weak Audience, Weak sound... Well, a somewhat disappointing and worthless live release.
29.11.2007 - 13:58
Rating: 9
In Chaos
hey this album isn't so bad, ok it's a little weak sound. but it's still good enough too me.
30.04.2008 - 05:31
Zangah
I highly recomend that if this is your first In Flames album that you try something else, Clayman or Whoracle for example. This is a poor representation of In Flames and it is overall a weak sounding performance by an extremely good band.
26.12.2011 - 03:28
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Can you specify some songs with a "horrible" sound? I mean, it's a live recording... Right now I wonder (no offense ) if you've ever been to a show the quality of the sound mainly depends on the material they had to record (and how much material)...
26.12.2011 - 03:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
This is an 8 year old review. I don't think he'll be specifying anything
26.12.2011 - 05:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 26.12.2011 at 03:28
Can you specify some songs with a "horrible" sound?

All of them?

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.12.2011 - 13:44
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.12.2011 at 05:21

All of them?

haha well what I meant there is that the sound, to me, is not good but still decent. Like, it's not Mayhem's Live In Leipzig

Hits total: 5236 | This month: 9