‹‹ Back to the General music forum Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]
Users visited: 505  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Valentin B on 06.07.2007 at 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!

Page 22 of 22

Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

18.01.2014 at 18:03
Written by theFIST on 18.01.2014 at 16:15

Written by Fritillaria on 18.01.2014 at 14:22

Djent Djent Djent Djent

what is so bad about djent?

There is nothing bad about djent. Its just that people generally doesn't like this genre a lot.

I don't like it either but that doesn't mean that djent is bad or pathetic.
----
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

18.01.2014 at 19:01
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.01.2014 at 18:03

There is nothing bad about djent. Its just that people generally doesn't like this genre a lot.

I don't like it like what's cynic said, and because I don't like it I think there is something wrong with it too, it's really a boring genre with rare variation in its sound ,depending too much on rhythms and not caring for use of melodies and note make its sound really limited IN MY OPINION , totally this kind of music is not my cup of tea
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

18.01.2014 at 20:25
Written by Fritillaria on 18.01.2014 at 19:01

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.01.2014 at 18:03

IN MY OPINION , totally this kind of music is not my cup of tea

Not your cup of tea doesn't imply that Djent is boring. Well, there would be someone out there who'll load up stuff and snap your face telling how good Djent is and will be. Well, you're right its boring and not much room for innovation and probably that's the only reason i dont like Djent bands' either. But, should i go against and castigate great talents like "Meshuggah" "Periphery" or "Animals As Leaders" just because they're djent? Nope. We cant.

Every genre has some really good talent(s).
----
mz

18.01.2014 at 20:31
Written by Karlabos on 18.01.2014 at 13:39

this also accurately describes mainstream american pop xD

probably, but belive me, from little Western pop I've heard, I can easily say that Western pop is my much more diverse and musicians are leagues ahead of Persian poop start. Also, I am "forced" to listen to that sort of music every where :parties, marriage parties, cars, etc and that makes it more effective in it's shittiness XD
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
Fritillaria
Evil Butterfly

18.01.2014 at 20:34
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 18.01.2014 at 20:25

Not your cup of tea doesn't imply that Djent is boring. Well, there would be someone out there who'll load up stuff and snap your face telling how good Djent is and will be. Well, you're right its boring and not much room for innovation and probably that's the only reason i dont like Djent bands' either. But, should i go against and castigate great talents like "Meshuggah" "Periphery" or "Animals As Leaders" just because they're djent? Nope. We cant.

Every genre has some really good talent(s).

even their talents bore the shit out of me, btu who said castigate ? you added it to my speech, I said they're boring in my opinion whoever likes them, fine ! But I don't care about this genre and it's really bad even worse than power metal which I can stand it at some points.
----
Soundtrack of my life : Evil Dead
"He replies that he is stronger than the wolves, because he stands alone."
IronAngel

18.01.2014 at 20:48
Kind of funny that this thread is 22 pages of people "despising" genres, and when someone mentions a metal genre there's a huge debacle about how someone not liking it doesn't make it bad etc.
Uldreth

19.01.2014 at 14:27
Written by IronAngel on 18.01.2014 at 20:48

Kind of funny that this thread is 22 pages of people "despising" genres, and when someone mentions a metal genre there's a huge debacle about how someone not liking it doesn't make it bad etc.

Well about djent I think it is more to it being very unfairly bashed, just like metalcore. I find it really stupendous how people are all like "lulz they rip meshuggah off and they all sound the same lulz". Even though most djent bands probably take more from SikTh and Fellsilent than Meshuggah and also the same could be said of pretty much any other genre. Still nobody is slagging thrash bands for being Metallica ripoffs that all sound the same, even though thrash was pretty much started by Metallica and there is very little variation of sound. Still so far the only djent band I heard that really sounds a lot like Meshuggah is Vildhjarta and I did listen to lots of djent. Plus Vildhjarta absolutely have their own sound and imo they also school Meshuggah in their own genre quite hard.
Written by Fritillaria on 18.01.2014 at 19:01

I don't like it like what's cynic said, and because I don't like it I think there is something wrong with it too, it's really a boring genre with rare variation in its sound ,depending too much on rhythms and not caring for use of melodies and note make its sound really limited IN MY OPINION , totally this kind of music is not my cup of tea

They tend to use more melodies than Meshuggah did actually. Won't argue with it being based on rhythm though, but I like that, massive polyrhythmic chug patterns make me wet.
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
deadone
Mainstream Poser

20.01.2014 at 01:21
Written by Uldreth on 19.01.2014 at 14:27

Still nobody is slagging thrash bands for being Metallica ripoffs that all sound the same, even though thrash was pretty much started by Metallica and there is very little variation of sound.

Thrash does have a bit of variation even though they're more archetypes e.g. Teutonic Thrash or Bay Area Thrash or the more hardcore based Crossover Thrash or modern Thrash (not re reThrash ala Evile but more stuff like The Haunted and Darkane) as well as late 80s/early 90s groove stuff before it completely slowed down.

In fact there's not many bands that follow the Metallica sound or song writing styles.

No idea about variety in djent as I don't listen to it so can't comment. It doesn't appeal to me and I'd say it's boring for me personnally (as is Black Metal, Drone, Post-Whatever etc as well as 90% of very generic Power/Thrash/Death/Heavy Metal)
no one

25.01.2014 at 21:29
I think i once posted "stoner doom" on here once, but that genre is actually starting to grow on me now, i just don't know much decent bands from the genre
----
hipster fag
vezzy
Stallmanite

27.01.2014 at 07:34
Written by no one on 25.01.2014 at 21:29

I think i once posted "stoner doom" on here once, but that genre is actually starting to grow on me now, i just don't know much decent bands from the genre

Listening to "Eve" by Ufomammut right now, actually. It's highly regarded, you should check it out if you haven't already.

If you want something particularly depressive, try Cough.

But honestly, how can one hate stoner doom? What blasphemy. What idiocy. Sleep and Electric Wizard are enough to make you bow.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
Desert Father

27.01.2014 at 10:02
In terms of metal I must agree with those who don't like djent. It just sounds so overproduced and articifial to me, plus it's just ripping off a device used by Meshuggah imo, which itself has its limits. Uneven Structure are the only one I can stand.
The soul-destroying, hypnotising money spinners we call modern dance-pop irritate me to no end. And I have never liked a singer-songwriter type configuration either, you know those men with stubble and cigarette stained, collar length hair sitting in the afternoon sun with an acoustic guitar singing with a forced high voice about the surf or something...
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

16.02.2014 at 10:58
Honest to god, space metal.

In fact, there is nothing remotely even exist to space metal.

You can have space-themed *insert genre* music but I don't think space metal is any genre.
----
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

16.02.2014 at 16:15
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 16.02.2014 at 10:58
I don't think space metal is any genre.

So you hate a genre you don't think exists. Makes sense.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Cynic Metalhead
Atrocious Virgin

16.02.2014 at 16:44
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.02.2014 at 16:15

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 16.02.2014 at 10:58
I don't think space metal is any genre.

So you hate a genre you don't think exists. Makes sense.

I think it shouldn't exist because it doesn't make sense at all. Well, space metal is illegitimate genre span across to many metal listeners and it's booming too. I even saw some of the recs here related to space metal.
----
no one

18.02.2014 at 09:36
Written by vezzy on 27.01.2014 at 07:34

Listening to "Eve" by Ufomammut right now, actually. It's highly regarded, you should check it out if you haven't already.

If you want something particularly depressive, try Cough.

But honestly, how can one hate stoner doom? What blasphemy. What idiocy. Sleep and Electric Wizard are enough to make you bow.

thanks will check them out, weedeater seems to be popular on here too
----
hipster fag
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

18.02.2014 at 23:58
Written by no one on 18.02.2014 at 09:36

thanks will check them out, weedeater seems to be popular on here too

I'll also recommend Bongripper.
----
forever bummed out
deadone
Mainstream Poser

19.02.2014 at 07:43
One thing I hate is these "themed lyrcs" bands ala Sabaton, Hail of Bullets and Amon Amarth.

I don't need some third rate greasy metal band giving me a lame, badly researched history lesson. I already have shelves of books about these topics.

And shit like Amon Amarth is soo tedious lyrically (as well as musically).

Bathory did these kind of lyrics but Quorthon did it in such a manner as to evoke lost culture, patriotism and general love of who one is and where they are from.

Amon Amrth just bleat on mindlessly - Thor kicks arse, evil Christians blah, blah..

And it was cool when Nile did Egyptian themed stuff, but now you're getting all these Mesopotamian bands.

What next Buddhism or Confucian themed bands?

As for the history ones, I dare them to do a non-cliched topic - General Erich Von Manstein (fair better than overrated Rommel who had no appreciation of logistics), Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden (Lion of the North and one of the last kings to die in battle) or maybe something more modern ala combat in Afghanistan...

I guess it's still better than bands that get all introspective and focus on "poor little me."
no one

19.02.2014 at 09:12
Some Buddhism themes would be interesting
----
hipster fag
deadone
Mainstream Poser

27.02.2014 at 06:29
I don't hate Black Metal but really don't enjoy listening to it.

It actually leaves me tired and puts me off from listening to music.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]

Login or register to post here.