Metal Storm logo
Best German Heavy Metal Band

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 09.07.2007 - 20:25
Please dont edd and vote about German Power Metal bands like Edguy, Freedome Call, Helloween, Blind Guardian, Black Abyss, Gamma Ray, Iron Savior...and please dont vote about hard rock bands like Scorpions, Axxes, Digger and such bands

X-Wild - Its awsome band I had 2 albums and I realy enjoy them good mix of speed bands in that music are something of ewery German heavy metal band, ealy ist so old school band, shame its not know well
http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/xwil.htm
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4709

Running Wild - We all know that band its awsome and one of legendary GHM bands ewer even first albums are more ''TrOO'' then thay change style more to epic but thos elyrics are great and amazing, I like this band specely Under Golly Roger

Grave Digger - Its lil lyricaly German Iron Maiden, such epic stories and such good qiuality melodies, hard n heavy yeah I like early works and 90ties works uswell and last album are great and so heavy and powerfull hehehe Archives of Medeval History

Rage/Avenger - We all know them but in this poll please about early Rage and Avenger it calls band before thay change name to Rage and I love more Avenger how Rage good powerfull guitar works and damn heavy and powerfull band, leither Rage has changed somehow

Risk/Faithful Breath - Risk are great heavy/speed band from 80ties and ist good old school attitude and Faithful Breath wa sband name in 60ties its more hard rock, but we all know Risk and speed fans woud love it

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/risk.htm
http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/fabr.htm

Atlain - Maybe in guitar sounds thay has no diference, how other bands and specely Avenger, but thay had recordet only 2 albums and then disapeare and only rear of us know them, but ist important part of hsitory band who in early 80ties can play heavy like Grave Digger in 'Tunes of War'

Sinner(Early) - I can not tell much about them ,better ask Baz Anderson, but this is historical band

Headhunter - Werry rear band realy rear I had hera only one tape of them ''Parody of Life'' ist all, my friend still has it
http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/head.htm

My vote goes to X-Wilk because ist one of first bands whjat I listen read about them in X-Wild tread here

Poll

Whitch band you like more of thease?

Other(name)
Grave Digger
Running Wild
Rage/Avenger
X-Wild
Risk/Faithful Breath
Atlain
Sinner(Early)
Headhunter

Total votes: 160
15.09.2009 - 21:29
Angel Of Mercy
I voted other, so StormWarrior.
----
Your time will come.
16.09.2009 - 13:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Between Accept and Running Wild... Running Wild, not saying Accept isn't awesome, but RW is just better.
29.09.2009 - 05:03
ToMegaTherion
An interesting list, Rage would be my favorite from it, although I prefer DC Cooper in Silent Force. Power metal is more his scene.
24.10.2009 - 21:04
Hanyuchan
Other, Rammstein
27.10.2009 - 02:31
Kratos
Rammstein and Accept!
27.10.2009 - 19:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Did you read poll quasten?
RAMMSTEIN is not heavy metal, accept is corret ansver, but nor rammstein
Heavy metal accept, udo, mp, grave digger, cannon, mystery, reppresion, sighn, attack, bad steave, fact, hunter, mad butcher, midnighg darkness, overdose, stranger, talon etc those are HM bands what I meant not Rammstein
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.10.2009 - 19:58
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Out of the bands listed, Grave Digger, closely followed by Rage. I find it weird the OP wouldn't allow anyone to mention "power metal bands", when Rage clearly are power metal aside from their early stuff, and melodic power metal at that!
27.10.2009 - 20:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Angelic Storm on 27.10.2009 at 19:58

Out of the bands listed, Grave Digger, closely followed by Rage. I find it weird the OP wouldn't allow anyone to mention "power metal bands", when Rage clearly are power metal aside from their early stuff, and melodic power metal at that!

Well nwodays rage might be but have you hear old Rage and album waht they realised whit name Avenger its pure hard n heavy
----

apos;'
[image]
27.10.2009 - 20:24
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Bad English on 27.10.2009 at 20:03
Well nwodays rage might be but have you hear old Rage and album waht they realised whit name Avenger its pure hard n heavy

I have! I think "Black In Mind" was when they started changing into a power metal band. The album before that "The Missing Link" was almost thrash in places, so it was quite the change!
02.11.2009 - 22:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Phew, i thought i had voted for Accept when clearly Running Wild is the KING of German heavy metal. HAIL captain Rolf!

so sad they disbanded
03.11.2009 - 21:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 02.11.2009 at 22:47

Phew, i thought i had voted for Accept when clearly Running Wild is the KING of German heavy metal. HAIL captain Rolf!

so sad they disbanded

No King was X Wild, mayeb I shood put Wild Knight her eto, since ist Frank Knight's project but nothing cant be better how X Wild
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2011 - 15:58
marouco
ACCEPT!!!
15.02.2011 - 06:20
Kevorkian
I voted for Running Wild, but I would argue that Metalium could be included. Sure, they have some power metal elements, but they are a lot heavier than most other German power metal bands.
15.02.2011 - 14:29
RavenKing
My favorite German metal band is most likely Kreator.

P.S. I know it's kinda off-topic to mention Kreator here but I don't like old traditional Heavy Metal at all.
And Kreator are German.

Anyway, the poll doesn't make much sense because it says "don't mention German Powermetal bands", while Grave Digger and Running Wild are often considered as Powermetal and are in the poll.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
15.02.2011 - 18:35
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by RavenKing on 15.02.2011 at 14:29

Anyway, the poll doesn't make much sense because it says "don't mention German Powermetal bands", while Grave Digger and Running Wild are often considered as Powermetal and are in the poll.

Grave Digger were mostly heavy metal for most of their carreer, and only late era Running Wild (the worst era) can be considered power metal.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
17.02.2011 - 08:01
Thunderhead
Rage.
Second is Grave Digger.
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
01.04.2011 - 23:18
IDieForMetal
My favorite german band is Accept, definitely.
02.04.2011 - 00:02
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Hmm, not to well versed in any of these bands, but Rage is the best of them as far as I know. They were actually the second power metal band I heard-After Dragonforce, from a certain video game of course.
02.04.2011 - 02:01
Yasmine

P.S. I know it's kinda off-topic to mention Kreator here but I don't like old traditional Heavy Metal at all.
And Kreator are German.

Grave Digger is largely a PM band with harsh vocals, al la Sabaton.

I pick them or, Primal Fear. Oh em Gee, Power metal.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
02.04.2011 - 02:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Yasmine on 02.04.2011 at 02:01

And Kreator are German.

Its old school heavy not power I mean GD
----

apos;'
[image]
02.04.2011 - 02:07
Yasmine
Written by Bad English on 02.04.2011 at 02:04

And Kreator are German.

Its old school heavy not power I mean GD

You don't wanna theory debate with me, you know how I get!
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
02.04.2011 - 14:59
RavenKing

And Kreator are German.

Harsh vocals? In Grave Digger? And Sabaton? We surely don't have the same conception of what harsh vocals are.
I can consider vocals on early Kreator as harsh vocals even if they're not really Black Metal vocals but I see nothing harsh in Grave Digger's vocals. They are low-toned clean vocals, that's all. And I would add excrutiatingly dull and sucky.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
02.04.2011 - 16:03
Yasmine
Written by RavenKing on 02.04.2011 at 14:59

And Kreator are German.

Harsh vocals? In Grave Digger? And Sabaton? We surely don't have the same conception of what harsh vocals are.
I can consider vocals on early Kreator as harsh vocals even if they're not really Black Metal vocals but I see nothing harsh in Grave Digger's vocals. They are low-toned clean vocals, that's all. And I would add excrutiatingly dull and sucky.

Oh maybe not, imo nearly all harsh vocals are dull and sucky and can be reproduced by even lil ole me after a cup of chocolate milk.
----
11.05.2011 - 18:46
avigruss
From this list I choose Running Wild
then Blind Guardian and also Grave DIgger
01.01.2012 - 18:02
Helloween ...
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
10.04.2012 - 10:59
Oh wait, you said no power metal bands. Grave Digger and Running Wild then.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
14.12.2012 - 20:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW I just thinking IMO if we compare whit % between Ger, UK and USA specely USA Ger HM (/whit out Scorpions) and Ger had many bands active in 80's , all those HM bands made % fiew videos gow USA and UK bands or Im wrong Ger bands start make music videos in 90's
----

apos;'
[image]
14.12.2012 - 22:14
Written by Bad English on 22.07.2009 at 17:12

Written by gwarscumdog on 22.07.2009 at 17:10

Well then Helloween hands down

Yes because its not HN its Flower M

lol
GraveDigger here
15.12.2012 - 05:00
Night Theater
I voted other.... Blind Guardian.
28.03.2013 - 14:33
Metal_Elle
Grave Digger !! I still love listening to their best album 'Rheingold' ! "Valhalla" is simply a killer song !