Metal Storm logo
Windir

29.05.2006 - 06:28
Surtur
I know that Windir have split-up since Valfar's death and I searched this topic around and it seems that it wasn't created till now and I think that it's missing here, the one's who have heared them should be agree with me; Windir gave us masterpieces like Sóknardarl, Arntor, 1184 and Likferd; in my opinion this band is really amazing the perfect mixture between Black and Viking metal , the riffs, the drums, the synth but specially the accordion and the voices are awesome, the first album that I heared was Arntor the best album they have done and maybe one of the best I've ever heared I think; Windir fans enjoy this forum...Heidra Valfar...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
29.05.2006 - 10:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had quasten this band shoud not be in extrieme metal forum

I like this abnd, thay are oine of bets viking metal band sin Scandinavia, only 3-5(In Scandinavia) can play so good how Windir.

All albus are great, and intresting, and albumm covers,
So this band kick ass
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.05.2006 - 16:19
Puff
The Forlorn
Very good band indeed. They put up some very epic riffs and some great technical stuff aswell. My favorite album would probably be Likferd but the other albums are kick aswell.

The album covers are definitly some of the best I have ever seen. I just can't get my eyes off of 1184. I wish i could be in these mountains!

R.I.P Valgar
----
31.05.2006 - 19:08
Judas
The Amputator
Heidra Valfar, live forever in the hearts of your warrior brethren and sit by Odin (and Quorthon) in Valhalla.

It's unbelievably creepy that the day I first heard Windir was the day that Valfar departed this life. But I will forever cherish the music that he gave me, the hauntingly Nordic melodies and the harsh, rasping vocals...everything about them is fantastic, and I don't think there is a single weak album or even song in their repertoire. The music became more, shall we say, Extreme, once Hvàll became involved in songwriting, but it was great, they didn't stagnate their sound, and yet didn't compromise on awesomeness.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
31.05.2006 - 23:23
Zeleznk
Arntor is a real masterpiece if you ask me. It's so melodic and the sound is something special. And Likferd kicks ass too! It's more agressive and has more black elements than Arntor.
I feel sorry for Valfar and the way he died. It must be terrible to get stuck in a blizzard and freeze to death,so...rest in peace!
----
()...()
:0,,0:
02.06.2006 - 21:08
W-Lash
Metal Master
I can't understand why do you like Likferd album, the only one good song there is Fagning...But 1184 and Arntor are real masterpieces.
Anyone can tell me where can i get any Windir videos. This band is one of my favorites but i haven't only one video (Heidra) and i'm downloading Sognamental concert for some weekends but only a few users got it and the speed is miserable.

Btw what do you think about Vreid - the band made by previous Windir members? I listened their album Kraft and i was really disappointed - it didn't sound like early Windir (but if you like Likferd you probably would like it).
03.06.2006 - 18:33
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Windir were one of the best black epic metal bands and
always had a very personal sound and lyrics written with care .
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
03.06.2006 - 23:36
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Written by W-Lash on 02.06.2006 at 21:08

I can't understand why do you like Likferd album, the only one good song there is Fagning...But 1184 and Arntor are real masterpieces.
Anyone can tell me where can i get any Windir videos. This band is one of my favorites but i haven't only one video (Heidra) and i'm downloading Sognamental concert for some weekends but only a few users got it and the speed is miserable.

Btw what do you think about Vreid - the band made by previous Windir members? I listened their album Kraft and i was really disappointed - it didn't sound like early Windir (but if you like Likferd you probably would like it).

I'd say go on www.youtube.com and type in Windir ... But I did the same thing just five seconds ago and I can only find one video and that's Heidra. Seeing as you already have that one, I must disappoint you
03.06.2006 - 23:40
W-Lash
Metal Master
Fuck, where could i get Windir videos....I can't wait for a half of a year to get that Sognamental...
03.06.2006 - 23:46
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Isn't there like .. a DVD or something that you can purchase of Windir ?
04.06.2006 - 00:23
W-Lash
Metal Master
Hmmm, i guess there is DVD but i'm sure i won't see it in usual shops. I guess shopkeepers don't even know about this band. The only one possibility is to order it somewhere on internet but i haven't got a credit card so ....you understand.
04.06.2006 - 03:16
Surtur
Written by W-Lash on 04.06.2006 at 00:23

Hmmm, i guess there is DVD but i'm sure i won't see it in usual shops. I guess shopkeepers don't even know about this band. The only one possibility is to order it somewhere on internet but i haven't got a credit card so ....you understand.

Sognametal is a great DVD, the concert is without Valfar but is sounds great, his brother sang a couple of songs and it sounds quite well, the voice of Sture is good enough I think, but maybe what I enjoy the most was the live videoclips of Windir with Valfar, the sound is not as good as the concert in Rockefeller but is great to see, I have just one question why they haven't translated anything, maybe not the concert but at least the interview with Valfar...
----
04.06.2006 - 03:22
Surtur
I heared Black Pitch brigade from Vreid and it sounds very good, and you have to remember they were 3 Windir members but Vreid isn't Windir, so please no comparisons...
----
04.06.2006 - 11:30
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Surtur on 04.06.2006 at 03:22

I heared Black Pitch brigade from Vreid and it sounds very good, and you have to remember they were 3 Windir members but Vreid isn't Windir, so please no comparisons...

I agree that Vreid isn't Windir but somewhere i read that Vreid is made as a new Windir (because the biggest part of members are from Windir). But their music is ordinary, very ordinary. Windir was much better.
05.06.2006 - 02:30
Surtur
Written by W-Lash on 04.06.2006 at 11:30

Written by Surtur on 04.06.2006 at 03:22

I agree that Vreid isn't Windir but somewhere i read that Vreid is made as a new Windir (because the biggest part of members are from Windir). But their music is ordinary, very ordinary. Windir was much better.

I don't know where you read that, but I don't know why should they form Vreid as a new Windir just because they were in the band it sounds stupid in my opinion, and I'm agree with you Windir was much better but the greatness of Windir isn't discussed...
----
19.06.2006 - 00:38
W-Lash
Metal Master
Hey guys, if you know any bands that play like Windir played in Arntor/1184 period then you are asked to name them in this thread:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1146
22.06.2006 - 18:21
Hylia
Great band,very unique in Black metal.There are songs that are just amazing combinations of black and folk.One of my most played Windir songs is i ei krystallnatt,or Ending.Im not too familiar with Vreid,i've only heard a couple of songs by them so far,but Windir had something that Vreid doesn't.My favorite album by Windir is probably their first one:Soknardalr.
22.06.2006 - 22:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
The probably split because Windir WAS Valfar - and it was the right thing to do. They still carry on now as Vreid...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.06.2006 - 00:22
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 22.06.2006 at 22:03

The probably split because Windir WAS Valfar - and it was the right thing to do. They still carry on now as Vreid...

Indeed. Valfar originally started Windir as a one-man-band and then the other guys joined. So really Windir was his brainchild, his project, and I also think it was the right thing for them to disband Windir when Valfar passed away.

Valfar actually died on my birthday...How shitty is that?
23.06.2006 - 00:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Look at it as though he chose your birthday to ascend to the mead halls of Valhalla.

And carrying on Windir without Valfar would be like Boss carrying on Bathory...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.06.2006 - 00:42
Proud Autumn
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 23.06.2006 at 00:30

Look at it as though he chose your birthday to ascend to the mead halls of Valhalla.

And carrying on Windir without Valfar would be like Boss carrying on Bathory...

Haha, true on both counts!
26.06.2006 - 04:04
Surtur
Written by BV on 26.06.2006 at 02:03

Written by BitterCOld on 22.06.2006 at 22:03

yeh good point. but Windir >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vried. they should have just kept the same line up and but with Vegard on vocals and made similar music to Windir but changed the name to Vried.

Vreid is not like Windir and Windir was Valfar, his band and maybe if they have continued I shouldn't anything else, it should be like a betray to Valfar...
----
26.06.2006 - 04:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have one of their albums thanks to Blood Red Moon...Soknardalr...good album...a strong first release...to bad he's dead...why do all these bm people die of things like hypothermia, failure or organs and cancer anyway...
26.06.2006 - 11:56
FOOCK Nam
I agree with u. Windir is a great band and their album Sóknardarl, Arntor, 1184 and Likferd are really masterpieces. And Windir's music is exactly the combination of black metal and viking metal. Windir's music really orient me the type of music I like is Black/Viking metal. Windir is a great band but I dont know why Windir is not famous and not be reminded by people.
26.06.2006 - 11:56
FOOCK Nam
I agree with u. Windir is a great band and their album Sóknardarl, Arntor, 1184 and Likferd are really masterpieces. And Windir's music is exactly the combination of black metal and viking metal. Windir's music really orient me the type of music I like is Black/Viking metal. Windir is a great band but I dont know why Windir is not famous and not be reminded by people.
26.06.2006 - 16:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Windir is great. That's all I can say about this amazing band. Hail Windir, Hail Valfar.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.07.2006 - 03:27
Surtur
Written by FOOCK Nam on 26.06.2006 at 11:56

I don't if a lot people know them or remind them but I'm glad to say that I know them, they are great and absolutely awesome...
----
01.08.2006 - 10:43
Xaphiris

Dude, you really can't say this song sucks, that one doesn't. It's just a matter of taste. I think all their work is great. The only thing that sucks about the band is me having only one album. I'm off to get more.
----
01.08.2006 - 15:03
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Xaphiris on 01.08.2006 at 10:43

Dude, you really can't say this song sucks, that one doesn't. It's just a matter of taste. I think all their work is great. The only thing that sucks about the band is me having only one album. I'm off to get more.

What are you talking about? About Fagning? I said i like that song very much!
01.08.2006 - 15:33
Xaphiris
Written by W-Lash on 01.08.2006 at 15:03

Written by Xaphiris on 01.08.2006 at 10:43

What are you talking about? About Fagning? I said i like that song very much!

You said that is the ONLY good song. Don't forget that a lot of people choose their music from reading forums like this. That statement may have had a negative impact on some folks. I have to disagree since I like the whole album.
----