Metal Storm logo
Best Metal Ballad Ever

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 05.08.2007 - 10:57
Me personally enjoy almost every metal ballad. Those by Nightwish are great, Iron Maiden (or Bruce Dickinson self) have good ones, but by me is currently winning Manowar with Courage...how about you?
09.05.2016 - 11:45
Metal Ninja
Metallica - Fade To Black
Black Sabbath - Solitude & Children Of The Sea
Opeth - A Fair Judgement
Judas Priest - Beyond The Realms Of Death
Queensryche - Anybody Listening
Solution.45 - Lethean Tears
Badlands - Seasons
Death Angel - Room With A View

I agree with the person above about what they said about Pantera "The Sleep" one of my favourite songs by that band!
10.05.2016 - 02:25
Ganondox
Not all these songs are metal by any measure, but they are all by bands which by some measure are metal

Dream On - Aerosmith
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Cemetery Gates - Pantera
Blood Brothers - Iron Maiden
Alone I Break - Korn
Sisters - Pain of Salvation
Storm - Devin Townsend Band
I Remember You - Skid Row
Dreamer Deceiver - Judas Priest
Down in a Hole - Alice in Chains
Fade to Black - Metallica
Lotus - Dir En Grey
10.05.2016 - 20:22
Enteroctopus
Written by Ganondox on 10.05.2016 at 02:25

Great song! Skid was one of my "gateway bands" into metal, so I'd say it counts. Closer to glam and hard rock, but I'm not unashamed of my eight year-old self (still able to hit all those high notes before the ol' balls dropped, lol)

..makes you wonder about Sebastian and how he sings that high, though.
11.05.2016 - 05:28
Ganondox
Written by Enteroctopus on 10.05.2016 at 20:22

Written by Ganondox on 10.05.2016 at 02:25

Great song! Skid was one of my "gateway bands" into metal, so I'd say it counts. Closer to glam and hard rock, but I'm not unashamed of my eight year-old self (still able to hit all those high notes before the ol' balls dropped, lol)

..makes you wonder about Sebastian and how he sings that high, though.

We have secrets.

Anyway, they've got some songs which are definitely metal, like Slave to the Grind. Like I said, not all the songs are metal by any measure, but all the bands are metal by some measure, even if they're mainly hard rock. "I Remember You" is one of those classic power bands that often gets overlooked nowadays for some reason, but it was a hit back in the day. Not that I was alive back in the day, but you know.