‹‹ Back to the Serious discussions Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]
Users visited: 333  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 04.09.2007 at 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.

Page 22 of 22

Candlemass
Defaeco

22.01.2015 at 11:09
Written by Rasputin on 22.01.2015 at 04:34

Homosexuals are mentally ill bi-products of genetic aberration and Muhammad was an illiterate piece of shit, or do you agree with his policies and lifestyle, or did you not even bother to check?

"only wrong in a normative way" - there is no other way someone can be wrong or right.
What Iron Angle explained clearly, again, is that scientific research does describe but not prescribe - that's up to us to evaluate if the described arrangement suits us or not. You are in principle wrong to appeal to the (older) DSM to argue that's it's wrong without supplying any further reason.
You're being poetic and you use lots of high-inference language to avoid explicit moral discussion.

Everyone have mutations in their genes, the question is if we consider them harmful or not is up to us to evaluate. I don't see any reason why I should do that with homosexuals. I even mentioned reasons I one would even encourage it (that's besides the psychological pain they have to go thought during their lives because of homophobes - for no good reason).

Society will not fall a part by a 2-3% homosexuals in it, especially while they practice their civil duties just like anyone else. Russia is losing working hands and thinking minds while gaining nothing by its homophobic policies.
No one has been "politically correct" about this issue, everyone who participated have explicitly explained to you where mistakes appear.

Written by Nucky on 22.01.2015 at 10:13

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your race.. The problem is that certain people hate the other race (black,asian).

Taking credit from people who died before you were born and people you never knew or contributed nothing to their achievements?
At least pride parades have a concentrate point to them besides boosting self-esteem.
----
Twelve Virtues of Rationality
ThunderAxe1989
Irreligious

24.01.2015 at 22:16
Homophobia is so fucking rampant here in The Bahamas, especially within the black community. I dunno, I think it's incredibly arrogant to assume that just because a man is gay, that it means that he'll take an interest in wanting to fuck you.....There are girls who wouldn't be into you, so shouldn't the same logic apply to gay men?

During Independence Day (July 10th), I was vacationing on the island of Abaco, in the evening me and some friends partied in a certain gay man's apartment, most of the people there (myself included) were straight. The gay man was perfectly aware of this, he didn't try any gay shit with us, everything was fine, it was an awesome party. We got drunk, smoked weed....some of the people including the gay man snorted some cocaine, I passed though. Why are gays excluded in society? Once they understand their boundaries with straight persons of their same sex, I don't see the problem.....
Mercyful_Kate

25.01.2015 at 15:30
Last night I talked to a customer who told me (over 3 Long Island iced teas with his mistress) that he went through all sorts of trouble to convert to Catholicism because he found out his Episcopal pastor was gay. I guess he's not aware of just how many Catholic priests are gay. I really wanted to ruin it for him, but I had to hold back because I didn't want to start an argument at work.
Bad English
Masterchief

25.01.2015 at 15:37
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 25.01.2015 at 15:30

Last night I talked to a customer who told me (over 3 Long Island iced teas with his mistress) that he went through all sorts of trouble to convert to Catholicism because he found out his Episcopal pastor was gay. I guess he's not aware of just how many Catholic priests are gay. I really wanted to ruin it for him, but I had to hold back because I didn't want to start an argument at work.

and children abusers as well, and more Vatican tryies to hide and some how wants stop from precaution, IMO Vatican has secret service as well

@WP people, how would you act if your child would say I am gay? would kill him? what would be your re action?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
no one

25.01.2015 at 19:31
Definitely kill him
----
hipster fag
Bad English
Masterchief

25.01.2015 at 19:58
Written by no one on 25.01.2015 at 19:31

Definitely kill him

here you go doing gods job, .. all this WP and religion is one big bullshit
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Maco

15.03.2015 at 20:18
Recently here. The law that legalize gay-marriage was rejected. I'm in a country where being homosexual is a total sin by a lot of people, and also a disease. Personally I don't mind homosexuals, but something I fucking hate is the discrimation against them, makes me feel embarrased, and also makes me wish to abandon this sewer I live in as soon as posible.

The ignorance is something I have to deal with almost every day. When I heard people saying that homosexuals will "destroy this beautiful and conservative society" when in fact, that will do the opposite.
----
I'm derp.
no one

15.03.2015 at 23:07
Written by Maco on 15.03.2015 at 20:18

Recently here. The law that legalize gay-marriage was rejected. I'm in a country where being homosexual is a total sin by a lot of people, and also a disease. Personally I don't mind homosexuals, but something I fucking hate is the discrimation against them, makes me feel embarrased, and also makes me wish to abandon this sewer I live in as soon as posible.

The ignorance is something I have to deal with almost every day. When I heard people saying that homosexuals will "destroy this beautiful and conservative society" when in fact, that will do the opposite.

Must be hard, is there any hope in sight for a change in the future?
----
hipster fag
Maco

15.03.2015 at 23:30
Written by no one on 15.03.2015 at 23:07

Is there any hope in sight for a change in the future?

Not in this life.

If there is a conclusion I could have taken from my history classes, is that we (peruvians) are walking until this day in a vicious circle, repeating the same mistakes again and AGAIN, and I'm not only referring about homosexuals.

This place will never change. It might sound pessimistic, but you have to see it with your own eyes all you have to deal with here to understand.
----
I'm derp.
Ernis
狼獾

19.03.2015 at 21:27
What this woman has to say pretty much sums up what I think of gay marriage and other related topics...

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-marriage/heather-barwick-the-daughter-of-lesbians-against-gay-marriage-defends-dolce-gabbana/story-fnizhakg-1227270361383

no homophobe, by the way...
----
Go ahead, make my day...
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

23.03.2015 at 12:25
Heh, no. I'm sorry but I can hardly take her experience seriously. I really hate to analize people I don't know but to me this is a clear case of "passing the buck" to the mother instead of the father.
How can she say "My father's absence created a huge hole in me" and then pass the cause of her troubles to the mother? Is she serious? It never crossed her mind that maybe if her dad wasn't a douchebag and didn't leave her for good she could experience the love between a man and a woman once she saw her dad moving on with some one else?

This is obviously a theory of mine and we will never know... But the same goes to her opinion which is nothing more than anecdotal evidence at best (and again, without even considering a more obvious factor, like her dad leaving her). Another crazy theory of mine: Let's say the mom and her girlfriend never got married. They would be together anyways***... So, how does getting married change anything? It doesn't. People give way too much power to a piece of paper.

These kinds of problems that affect children's future relantionships happens all the friggin time with heterosexual couples. It's the kind of trail of thought that slowed down the process of divorce in so many countries. "The child will be screwed up after growing up with only one parent... It's way better to live with both parents who are miserable!".
These problems do not happen if both parents are always there for the children after a separation and TALK to them. This is what her dad never did.

Last but not least: They should be able to do the exact same thing heterosexual people do (and constantly fail at it). This is based on equal rights alone. Some like to sugarcoat it as much as they can but it really just boils down to believing that some people shouldn't have the same rights as others.

*** = Unless the daughter now wishes that her mother never found someone to make her happy. This actually makes her a jerk and it's NO different from me wishing when I was a kid that mom better stayed alone after leaving dad because I didn't want to risk seeing a failed relantionship again. It's better to see her miserable. This obviously didn't happen because seeing my mom happy with someone afterwards made me happy. And seeing my dad happy with his life as a single man made me happy as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]

Login or register to post here.