‹‹ Back to the Serious discussions Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]
Users visited: 314  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by BreadGod on 04.09.2007 at 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.

Page 20 of 20

Bad English
nobody

18.03.2014 at 13:35
Written by Ernis on 17.03.2014 at 22:06

Written by Leni on 14.03.2014 at 15:45

And, believe me, there is no threat to whole world piece from Russia) it's ridiculous)) i don't understand, where from these rumours are.

The western media... which can be as biased as any other media... In fact, the only threat are those who are deliberately creating panic and sowing seeds of hate and fear. Doesn't depend on the side.

Speaking of Russian nazis and their hatred of immigrants and gays... they are simple idiots with zero education and most probably they've never been truly loved by their parents or received any kind of care or affection... so they vomit their hate and pain on whoever and whatever they can... seeing enemies in everything different is just an outlet...

its not only Rissia, its whole slavic and post communistic space, have you seen Polish, serbian what so ever football teraces and ppl who call them selfs hard core fans ...... same shit aganst all, hate, anti gay, anti what so ever .... E Europe ''has no future'' but other hand, only idiots go there to football, smart ppl stays at home

and many polish hools, and according to media it can be 10 000 hools and ultras there
all has children and they have been raised in acab and hate menthality ;(
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
deadone
Nu Metal Warrior

19.03.2014 at 00:51
Written by Leni on 18.03.2014 at 11:42

about western media: I am bored to death with this anti-russian hysterics.

Actually that's part of the ingrained racism prevalent in all human societies. It just manifests itself differently amongst "civilised" people.

You should see the very subtle anti-Jewish propaganda in Australia - the Aussie media (and especially government stuff ala ABC and pro-Muslim SBS) always portrays Israelis as evil and Palestinians as good. Even Palestinian terror acts as portrayed as result of Israeli actions.

Anti-semitic acts around the world are seldom reported or reported as acts of deranged individuals. Yet the Israelis as a whole are blamed.

A friend of mine who worked in Washington said in the US it was opposite - Israel as the good guys and Palestinians were the bad ones.

Quote:
Besides lack of education, there are such important factors as lack of morality and intelligent development.

So, the less person cultivated, the stronger his hatred to the different ones.

I'd disagree.

There is an assumption that non-racist, accepting of gays, pro-environment is "civillised." It's not - it's just a set of moral values that is developed through historical circumstance.

Moral values are purely arbitrary.

Remember some of the ancient Greeks actually promoted homosexuality yet women were second class citizens and slaves weren't even that. So were they "civilised" or "uncivilised"?

They were neither - their society merely had rules that were developed due to historical circumstance.

And many cultures today are still completely different despite adaption of modern technology and trappings of modern life.

There was a documentary in Australia a few years back about young gay Malaysian men being sent from Australia back to Malaysia for "de-gaying." They were from middle class, well educated families. However their cultural values show a bias against gays despite their adaptation of modern living.

Who knows what the future will hold - maybe it'll be ok to be gay, pro-environment but at the same time be acceptable to own genetically modified "sub humans" (ala Huxley's Brave New World) as slaves/servants as well as watch gladiatoral style combat between convicted felons.

Can we judge that as civilised/uncivilised? Or would they judge us as uncivilised?
Leni

19.03.2014 at 11:32
Written by deadone on 19.03.2014 at 00:51

Quote:
Besides lack of education, there are such important factors as lack of morality and intelligent development.

So, the less person cultivated, the stronger his hatred to the different ones.

I'd disagree.

There is an assumption that non-racist, accepting of gays, pro-environment is "civillised." It's not - it's just a set of moral values that is developed through historical circumstance.

Moral values are purely arbitrary.

Remember some of the ancient Greeks actually promoted homosexuality yet women were second class citizens and slaves weren't even that. So were they "civilised" or "uncivilised"?

They were neither - their society merely had rules that were developed due to historical circumstance.

And many cultures today are still completely different despite adaption of modern technology and trappings of modern life.

There was a documentary in Australia a few years back about young gay Malaysian men being sent from Australia back to Malaysia for "de-gaying." They were from middle class, well educated families. However their cultural values show a bias against gays despite their adaptation of modern living.

Who knows what the future will hold - maybe it'll be ok to be gay, pro-environment but at the same time be acceptable to own genetically modified "sub humans" (ala Huxley's Brave New World) as slaves/servants as well as watch gladiatoral style combat between convicted felons.

Can we judge that as civilised/uncivilised? Or would they judge us as uncivilised?

Well, i told about violence and aggression towards people who don't fit in "standard society" (in any countries). This malasian family is well-educated, but Is it civilized? Hardly: due to their narrow-mindedness, they don't know about such things as personal liberty, respect to other way of life. Was that guy "cured"? if not, what was the next step? Euthanasia?
I'm just for rationality and against unnecessary violence.
deadone
Nu Metal Warrior

19.03.2014 at 13:33
Written by Leni on 19.03.2014 at 11:32

Well, i told about violence and aggression towards people who don't fit in "standard society" (in any countries).

By standard society I assume you mean Western society?

Quote:
This malasian family is well-educated, but Is it civilized? Hardly: due to their narrow-mindedness,
Quote:

According to your own moral compass.

Quote:
they don't know about such things as personal liberty, respect to other way of life.

Western notions that don't often exist in other societies that didn't go through the same cultural changes over many centuries.

And even in the West, there's plenty of "narrow minded" people.

Quote:
Was that guy "cured"? if not, what was the next step? Euthanasia?

I agree it's absurd. He as not :"cured" just ostracised from his family in the end.

Quote:
I'm just for rationality and against unnecessary violence.

I agree with these too.

However we cannot assume people different to us are "uncivilised."

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]

Login or register to post here.