Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
13.10.2014 - 11:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nucky on 12.10.2014 at 16:32

Well in some islamic countries women can't vote and they year is 2014.. Also they are mostly owned by men.. But I guess nobody minds that, the problem is that one gay person gets his ass kicked on Pride Parade.. Why would he even say he is gay? Keep that for yourself, I don't tell people I like girls. About the balkans, the problems began with pride parades..

negative, Islamic has like 12 century now depends arabs and Persians use different calendar ... but still medieval ages
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.10.2014 - 21:15
Rasputin

Well in some islamic countries women can't vote and they year is 2014.. Also they are mostly owned by men.. But I guess nobody minds that, the problem is that one gay person gets his ass kicked on Pride Parade.. Why would he even say he is gay? Keep that for yourself, I don't tell people I like girls. About the balkans, the problems began with pride parades..

US/EU sponsored pride parades to be exact. And you are absolutely right, they keep screaming how they are the same like straight people and yet cannot help but show how they are different. I always wondered how can you be proud for something that was not your doing. Black Pride, Native Pride, Gay Pride...god forbid you say White Pride, then you are a racist and an intolerant bastard. I can say whatever about Christianity, but truth to the matter is, there is a war against straight, white and religious people, for right or for wrong.
09.01.2015 - 15:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
If le pen and such kind a bitches will get in the power in Europe , we will have same, in the end women needs be house slave and cant go even to bars , and Hungary has big possibility became one of them fuck Viktor Orbán , no more tyrannies left or right, fight for your rights to be different

new Russian traffic rules
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2015 - 17:02
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by Bad English on 09.01.2015 at 15:32

I'm trying to navigate my way in the article...is this actually in effect? People based on sexual orientation can't have a driving license? I don't know if to laugh or cry. Probably the latter.
Homophobia is one of the most pathetic and irrational prejudices as it gets.
09.01.2015 - 17:05
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Candlemass on 09.01.2015 at 17:02

Written by Bad English on 09.01.2015 at 15:32

I'm trying to navigate my way in the article...is this actually in effect? People based on sexual orientation can't have a driving license? I don't know if to laugh or cry. Probably the latter.
Homophobia is one of the most pathetic and irrational prejudices as it gets.

It's so outlandish that it would be comical...if it weren't true.
09.01.2015 - 17:17
Mercyful_Kate
Also, do they have no health information privacy laws in Russia? How would the government obtain that sort of information about an individual?
09.01.2015 - 18:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 09.01.2015 at 17:17

Also, do they have no health information privacy laws in Russia? How would the government obtain that sort of information about an individual?

in Rus everything is possible, its not like western Europe, its somewhere bretween ...
Homosexual people are discriminated there, NS skin heads , putin loyal skin heads attack there to them, cops don't care, no avidance, no case,
Look France now, many ppl can vote for LePen, she is same, it means no life at all, look at gay paradide in Beograd like 7 years ago , footall fans rioted and look at E europian f stadion, fans, each group has swastika and wp oriented , its dangerous
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2015 - 18:29
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Bad English on 09.01.2015 at 18:17

Written by Mercyful_Kate on 09.01.2015 at 17:17

in Rus everything is possible, its not like western Europe, its somewhere bretween ...
Homosexual people are discriminated there, NS skin heads , putin loyal skin heads attack there to them, cops don't care, no avidance, no case,
Look France now, many ppl can vote for LePen, she is same, it means no life at all, look at gay paradide in Beograd like 7 years ago , footall fans rioted and look at E europian f stadion, fans, each group has swastika and wp oriented , its dangerous

Yes, I know all of this but I'm wondering how the Russian government would actually go about getting that sort of personal information to enforce these new laws.
09.01.2015 - 18:51
IronAngel
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 09.01.2015 at 18:29

Yes, I know all of this but I'm wondering how the Russian government would actually go about getting that sort of personal information to enforce these new laws.

I don't know anything, but I would imagine they don't much care to. The law sends a message and acts as a deterrent and justification for going against people going public about their sexual transgressions. If the threat of losing your license makes you keep your sexual identity under wraps, they ought to be happy enough.
09.01.2015 - 18:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mercyful_Kate on 09.01.2015 at 18:29

if you change sex such operations cant be done whit out knowing, its not basement abortion un 14th street
in Rus if you work at state agency now you're not even let go to abroad and can have banc accounts in foreigner bank. Its possible, and KGB or what it calls now have a lot of agents more as other European country and they can find
Eurovision song contest was like a shock there

I am happy I was grown in liberal family and maybe as child and teenager when I even didn't know what sex between men n women is (or how it feels like) maybe I was against homosexually , but later I have nothing against it.

I found out last week my ex classmate (he come to other town and we was at same class year or 2 before I changed school) hardly have seen him and we were not friends, was in Lv anti gay riot (maybe 20ppl involved) I saw pics in I net and police footage
I was shocked, ehhh fuck such idiots
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2015 - 18:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BTW if we talk about Rus and Rus world, some terrorist leaders in Dinbas banned women from attend bars and restaurants, and walk in a street whit out men
I would say in ussr ppl had more freedom as nowadays Rus
----

apos;'
[image]
09.01.2015 - 19:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
While the Western world continues to advance in terms of personal growth and tolerance, other parts of the world are trying to blast us back to the Dark Ages.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.01.2015 - 19:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.01.2015 at 19:00

While the Western world continues to advance in terms of personal growth and tolerance, other parts of the world are trying to blast us back to the Dark Ages.

in some way western world has more tolerance written in constitution and other ways, but what is in ppl minds you can not change it, but new generation, more tolerant they can have ... it can not happen in N Korea, China, Egypt, ... EU(inc Schengen) and USA/Can/Aus/NZ are in constition places what gives most freedom ----
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2015 - 11:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Latvian foreigner minister announce she is gay
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2824574/Latvian-Foreign-Minister-Edgars-Rinkevics-comes-gay-Twitter.html

public reaction was much better as I respected , deep respect to him, we :congrats:

Now its Irelands turn
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/18/leo-varadkar-ireland-first-openly-gay-minister

I hope he wont be reason for IRA hit
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2015 - 12:08
no one
Account deleted
That's good, now for vladimir putin to come out
19.01.2015 - 12:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.01.2015 at 12:08

That's good, now for vladimir putin to come out

that's why EU must be stronger and ppl must love NATO as defending
but we nee deal whit WP groups inside in our territory ..
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2015 - 19:48
Rasputin
Interesting. I kind of disagree with the Russian decision. It is not nice to discriminate against handicapped and the mentally ill people, it is not their fault they were born as a biproduct of a genetic aberration, but then again, for some it is just a lifestyle, since that is hip and in and popular. Oh well, they can always come to San Francisco, Portland and New York, it is LGBT heaven there.
19.01.2015 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Rasputin on 19.01.2015 at 19:48

Interesting. I kind of disagree with the Russian decision. It is not nice to discriminate against handicapped and the mentally ill people, it is not their fault they were born as a biproduct of a genetic aberration, but then again, for some it is just a lifestyle, since that is hip and in and popular. Oh well, they can always come to San Francisco, Portland and New York, it is LGBT heaven there.

nazies, and commies do same ,no matter what ideology, I think arab regimes and N Korean as well do same..
in US and W Europe such ppl has some rights, rest of workd nope
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2015 - 21:05
Candlemass
Defaeco

"Kind of"? Do homosexuals have problems driving? I could *define* you as incapable of driving, by virtue of definition you can't drive properly. That's how vacuous putting homosexuals into the category of "mentally ill who can't drive".
Are you aware of the fact that everyone get born "as a" genetic mutation?
No, being gay is not about "lifestyle". Do you have any gay family members?
19.01.2015 - 21:59
Rasputin
Written by Candlemass on 19.01.2015 at 21:05

"Kind of"? Do homosexuals have problems driving? I could *define* you as incapable of driving, by virtue of definition you can't drive properly. That's how vacuous putting homosexuals into the category of "mentally ill who can't drive".
Are you aware of the fact that everyone get born "as a" genetic mutation?
No, being gay is not about "lifestyle". Do you have any gay family members?

No I do not have any gay family members. Really? You think that it is not a personal choice to choose that lifestyle?

I guess sarcasm is lost on this thread. Anyway, I think I said before, that almost every specie on the planet has a sole purpose to procreate and propel their genetic material in the future, anything that impedes that is labelled as abnormal for a lack of a better word. Now, while I don't give a fuck if LGBT members get it on and do all the bullshit they do, it does not convince me that it is normal and that it is not a disorder of some sort. Like I said before, it is their life, they can live it and whatnot, but does not mean that I have to support it and go on the bandwagon with other liberal retards.
20.01.2015 - 01:24
IronAngel
Species do not have a "purpose" of any kind. Or are you a Creationist?

Can we get Rasputin banned, though? He has breached forum rules a bit too blatantly of late and needs a lesson.
20.01.2015 - 05:16
Mercyful_Kate
Written by Rasputin on 19.01.2015 at 21:59

No I do not have any gay family members. Really? You think that it is not a personal choice to choose that lifestyle?

I guess sarcasm is lost on this thread. Anyway, I think I said before, that almost every specie on the planet has a sole purpose to procreate and propel their genetic material in the future, anything that impedes that is labelled as abnormal for a lack of a better word. Now, while I don't give a fuck if LGBT members get it on and do all the bullshit they do, it does not convince me that it is normal and that it is not a disorder of some sort. Like I said before, it is their life, they can live it and whatnot, but does not mean that I have to support it and go on the bandwagon with other liberal retards.

Being indifferent and unsupportive of one's lifestyle is fine, but if you support restricting others' rights due to what you perceive is an abnormal mental illness then you'll eventually be doing yourself a disservice. I imagine there are many people in the world who think that your bigotry is "abnormal" and a "disorder" of some sort and under a law that would prohibit abnormal, disordered people from having a driver's licesnse, you might be forced to take the bus.
20.01.2015 - 21:54
Candlemass
Defaeco
I spent 3 years taking showers with gays, turns out I'm fairy confident about my sexuality. "I have to support it" If you were not a somewhat gay yourself you would actually encourage it like I do. unlike homophobes ("Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli...Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.").

A rational person who fully accepts himself, including his sexuality and the reality that sexuality moves on a (two dimensional) scale and knows more or less where he is, would actually whole heatedly encourage (assuming you're towards the straight end) male homosexuality because it improves his chances when it comes to general population statistics. Less males to compete with over a limited amount of females.

Given that homophobes are neither rational nor self accepting, expect outward hostility (because of their inner reasons and identity issues) towards gays by them.

Written by Rasputin on 19.01.2015 at 21:59

It's a sexual tendency, not a lifestyle. "Purpose". Aristotle roughly died 1500 years ago and Darwin 150. I think you have some catching up to do.
Don't confuse statistical 'normality' (what is the case) and normative normality (what ought to be the case).
Nope, 'disorder' is (mostly) a normative notion, it depends on what we would like to be the case. So having a cold counts as "sick" because we don't want to have a cold. Being gay is not a sickness because if you truly "I don't give a fuck if LGBT members" you would not label it as normatively something unwanted.
21.01.2015 - 00:22
IronAngel
Rasputin is, I hate to say it, sort of correct in saying that a having a certain lifestyle is a choice. You do not choose to be homosexual (though lacking conclusive science, I am willing to entertain the possibility that life experiences and choices can strengthen or weaken the tendency, especially if it's not decisive), but you do choose whether you practice homosexual relations, identify as a gay, or go public about it.

Now, only a retarded bigot would dismiss this lightly as something a homosexual is free to choose or not choose, as if it did not have deep implications for their sense of self and sexual expression. It is a choice to date women and get married, too, but that isn't much of a comfort when somebody tells you not to do it.

There is a certain stereotype about the LGBT-lifestyle that is partly true. Very openly "queer", with Pride parades and all, and it also includes many heterosexuals. I have LGBT friends who have jumped on that bandwagon, and I can see how that can be called a lifestyle choice. One that they are free to choose, too. But I also know homosexuals who feel very uncomfortable with that stereotype, perpetuated by a section of the LGBT population, and therefore wouldn't want to identify with them. I think there is a bit of a negative stereotype being perpetuated by the media and by many vocal LGBT people themselves that alienates many who either struggle with their sexuality or simply do not want to identify with "that" crowd, knowing that many people will make that connection automatically.
21.01.2015 - 21:29
Rasputin
If species have no purpose, there would be no species to speak off. From a tiniest microbe, bacteria and virus, to the largest animal and ultimately humans, we have a distinct urge to split and divide and grow (microbes, viruses and bacteria) to propel the seed into the future. Bacteria build colonies, humans and animals create children of their own. So while it might not be a "purpose" according to the dictionary it seems to be one standard that almost every specie follows.

Now Iron Angel, you may not like my posts, and I may not like yours, but what you seem to be trying to do, is attack my freedom of speech. If you are offended by the homosexual comments due to your own maladies, that is not a fault of my own, but it is a fault within you. And you really think that banning me will "teach me a lesson" wow, you are as clever as your avatar. I will be back if chose to, you can rest assured

And yes, homosexuality can be a lifestyle, the history showed us that much. How do you explain Athens? Or the Chinese, or Japanese or even certain Muslim countries where "women are for procreation, and men are for fun." How do you explain prisons? People can make that choice, so some of them are not born that way.

And Candlemass, homosexuals are something unwanted, as much as PTSD, Depression, or any other illness, because it still should be listed under the list of Mental Disorders or Genetic Disorders for that matter, but due to the lobby it is not. In USA it was removed from that list due to the political reasons, not due to scientific research and as such, it is utterly invalid. But if you think that Schizophrenia is a normative notion, then that makes it very interesting. I said it before, I say it again, I do not support the LGBT nor do I condone their behavior, and we can coexist for as long as they don't shoving their agenda, once they start doing that, then we have issues.
21.01.2015 - 22:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I heard there will be a referendum to legalize same sex marriage in Ireland, its huge progress in that catholic country I hope abortion be legal there as well

Rasputin - I see you somehow like WP ideas about some things, remember if WP will rile like your idol Vladimir putin or Viktor Orban, remember you will be used as street solder you wont be thinker, as many skin boys and other one, football fans and such people, you be used as solder, then elite solders loyal to regime will get rid all of those ppl, as Stalin did in WWII
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2015 - 22:31
IronAngel
Written by Rasputin on 21.01.2015 at 21:29

Now Iron Angel, you may not like my posts, and I may not like yours, but what you seem to be trying to do, is attack my freedom of speech. If you are offended by the homosexual comments due to your own maladies, that is not a fault of my own, but it is a fault within you. And you really think that banning me will "teach me a lesson" wow, you are as clever as your avatar. I will be back if chose to, you can rest assured

You have no freedom of speech on a privately owned website beyond that which the owners choose to grant you. When you registered, you explicitly agreed to the forum code of conduct. This includes rules such as "Speak your opinion in a mature and respectful way, and don't try to insult anyone" and "No discrimination of any kind, no Nazi propaganda, racism or slurs will be tolerated here". Now, if you don't think comments about "liberal retards", calling homosexuals handicapped, mentally ill by-products of genetic aberration, or calling Muhammad "an illiterate peace [sic] of shit" are disrespectful, slurs, or made with the intention to insult, that's your prerogative and I'm sure you can take it up with the staff. I just suggested that they might warrant review.

But really, it is easy and fun enough to destroy your opinions intellectually, so I don't mind that you're free to express them. Breaking rules and being a jerk is another thing, though.

You did not understand Candlemass's point (surprise). Schizophrenia is an objective condition (or a bunch of instances grouped together, anyhow) insofar as it is based on real biochemical (or whatever) conditions in the brain/human psyche. But it is an illness or a disorder only insofar as we normatively label it as such. Before you fully understand this distinction and its implications (which essentially concern how people should be treated) you shouldn't participate in any discussion on disorders.
22.01.2015 - 04:34
Rasputin
You have not destroyed anything with your '"logic" but keep thinking that, as it is your right.

Really? You are talking to me about being insulting, do please revisit your statements before, and from some of the other members. Your condescending attitude is not lost on me, as funny as it is to read your stuff when your liberal beliefs are ruffled.

I don't recall slurring any Nazi propaganda, but just for the hell of it "long live the reich."

Homosexuals are mentally ill bi-products of genetic aberration and Muhammad was an illiterate piece of shit, or do you agree with his policies and lifestyle, or did you not even bother to check?

And how else would label it, or would you like to hang out in a mental institution? Your logic amazes me. Everything is normative for no reason according to you. We can all rest easy, maybe we should let all criminals and murderers go, since they are only wrong in a normative way. Maybe being dead is normative as well. Do tell me more, I enjoy reading your posts, they always make me smile.

The reason why I call liberals retards, is because under the guise of great freedom and open mind, they are willing to allow and permit for everything that held the society together fall apart, all for the sake of being politically correct, and godforbid someone got offended.

I'm sorry if I do not participate in the little happy commune where stroking each others member is the way of being nice and respectful, since that what it seems to be on top of a popularity contest that I don't give a damn participating in. But you should know that by now, since you are so very, very upset as it is evident in your posts, and me, I don't care, I'm just here for fun, and I am having a jolly good time
22.01.2015 - 10:13
Nucky
Written by Rasputin on 14.10.2014 at 21:15

US/EU sponsored pride parades to be exact. And you are absolutely right, they keep screaming how they are the same like straight people and yet cannot help but show how they are different. I always wondered how can you be proud for something that was not your doing. Black Pride, Native Pride, Gay Pride...god forbid you say White Pride, then you are a racist and an intolerant bastard. I can say whatever about Christianity, but truth to the matter is, there is a war against straight, white and religious people, for right or for wrong.

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your race.. The problem is that certain people hate the other race (black,asian).
22.01.2015 - 11:09
Candlemass
Defaeco
Written by Rasputin on 22.01.2015 at 04:34

Homosexuals are mentally ill bi-products of genetic aberration and Muhammad was an illiterate piece of shit, or do you agree with his policies and lifestyle, or did you not even bother to check?

"only wrong in a normative way" - there is no other way someone can be wrong or right.
What Iron Angle explained clearly, again, is that scientific research does describe but not prescribe - that's up to us to evaluate if the described arrangement suits us or not. You are in principle wrong to appeal to the (older) DSM to argue that's it's wrong without supplying any further reason.
You're being poetic and you use lots of high-inference language to avoid explicit moral discussion.

Everyone have mutations in their genes, the question is if we consider them harmful or not is up to us to evaluate. I don't see any reason why I should do that with homosexuals. I even mentioned reasons I one would even encourage it (that's besides the psychological pain they have to go thought during their lives because of homophobes - for no good reason).

Society will not fall a part by a 2-3% homosexuals in it, especially while they practice their civil duties just like anyone else. Russia is losing working hands and thinking minds while gaining nothing by its homophobic policies.
No one has been "politically correct" about this issue, everyone who participated have explicitly explained to you where mistakes appear.

Written by Nucky on 22.01.2015 at 10:13

There is nothing wrong with being proud of your race.. The problem is that certain people hate the other race (black,asian).

Taking credit from people who died before you were born and people you never knew or contributed nothing to their achievements?
At least pride parades have a concentrate point to them besides boosting self-esteem.