Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Judas Priest more influential?

Original post

Posted by Dam3k, 01.06.2006 - 00:14
Well there are two of the most importants bands of all time in the metal scene, but which one do u think is more influential? Give reasons and explain. I think Judas Priest has been more influential in the US metal than in the european one, on the other hand I've been noticed about lot of european bands with influence of Iron Maiden, so I can't decide =). Well... maybe this two bands haven't been very influential for death metal or black metal bands but IMO they've been in thrash, power, progressive and heavy even hard rock. Choose one!!

Poll

Which band do u think has been more influential 4 metal scene??

Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Can't decide

Total votes: 457
05.04.2007 - 19:09
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
I've heard many more bands say that Iron Maiden influenced them so yeah, for example Slayer, Metallica, helloween (early stuff sounds like a cross between Metallica and Maiden), Megadeth, basically I know for sure they influenced Thrash Metal incredibly and they most likely influenced a lot of other styles too.
19.04.2007 - 16:13
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
I've Gone Crazy Nowdays...Was A great maiden fan..Still I Am.
Liked Judas Priest A Lot In The Middle.
Again The Iron Maiden Taste inside me is Rising..haha
I'm Not albe to compare these bands..
Both are equally inspiring in their own field.
Anyhow Even by 1% Iron Madien still is the better than Priest For Me now [forget What I've said before..It happens at one Phase..]
Also Iron maiden In maiden Because their all Songs are Masterpiece]
23.04.2007 - 02:29
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Iron Maiden for me.

A lot of masterpieces albums, a cult band, a charismatic singer (Bruce of course ), a worshipped bass player, in breif four reasons to chose this band.
23.04.2007 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by White Winter Sun on 23.04.2007 at 02:29

Iron Maiden for me.

A lot of masterpieces albums, a cult band, a charismatic singer (Bruce of course ), a worshipped bass player, in breif four reasons to chose this band.

And Nico McBrain was drummer in Trust yeah 'Amtoscial'
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.04.2007 - 10:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 19.04.2007 at 16:13

Anyhow Even by 1% Iron Madien still is the better than Priest For Me now [forget What I've said before..It happens at one Phase..]

Wel in nowdays hmm we cand see and hera more IM how JP in TV/Rdaio and variu iM songs ok maybe not new album clips but moustly diferent kind of them, but Judas Pries hmmm 'Braking The Low' 'Liwing After Midniht' moustly but others nop!
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2007 - 12:36
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Bad English on 23.04.2007 at 10:04

Written by White Winter Sun on 23.04.2007 at 02:29

Iron Maiden for me.

And Nico McBrain was drummer in Trust yeah 'Amtoscial'

He had recorded "Marche ou Crève" with Trust.
But when you see what became this band now, you easily understand why he had leave Trust rapidely.
25.04.2007 - 16:06
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 23.04.2007 at 10:06

Written by Guest on 19.04.2007 at 16:13

Wel in nowdays hmm we cand see and hera more IM how JP in TV/Rdaio and variu iM songs ok maybe not new album clips but moustly diferent kind of them, but Judas Pries hmmm 'Braking The Low' 'Liwing After Midniht' moustly but others nop!

I think you Are Right..
28.04.2007 - 14:39
gerrard888
Account deleted
100% iron maiden they are the best metal band of all time!!!!!!! they have so many historical songs, the largest fan base, also no other band can preform live concerts as they do
28.04.2007 - 23:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 28.04.2007 at 14:39

100% iron maiden they are the best metal band of all time!!!!!!! they have so many historical songs, the largest fan base, also no other band can preform live concerts as they do

Hahah I agree but dont say so about Judas Priest in past thay has huge fan base too, but nowdays well in open air concerts in Sweden about 70 000 ppl
----

apos;'
[image]
03.05.2007 - 08:32
Hyvaarin
It's about INFLUENCE, people, not which one you prefer. As has been illustrated earlier, Priest is the more influential of the two.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
04.05.2007 - 10:56
iron brain
Account deleted
steve harris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05.05.2007 - 04:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Priest, theyve influenced the more heavy metal side of things, whereas Iron Maiden I see as more of a bigger influence to power metal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.05.2007 - 11:10
Hyvaarin
Written by Metal Heart- on 06.05.2007 at 04:03

Maiden!!! Influential to bands like Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Antharax. They are truly the Metal Gods!!!

Judas Priest influenced all of those bands as well.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
18.05.2007 - 18:01
Lord TJ
Written by Doc G. on 05.05.2007 at 04:09

Priest, theyve influenced the more heavy metal side of things, whereas Iron Maiden I see as more of a bigger influence to power metal.

I see more fans in Iron Maiden, but I see Judas Priest engraved in stone. Dont get me wrong both bands kick ass they are both one of my favorites.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
16.06.2007 - 18:48
orathac
Account deleted
of course priest was a bigger influence to metal world i prefer iron maiden.. but when we talking about influence judas priest take my vote
and remember that iron maiden is Influential by priest as well AND steve harris said that by his own ... so
17.06.2007 - 01:06
Goat
Account deleted
More people were inspired by Maiden, therefore I would say they were generally more influential, but Priest is more UNIQUE, therefore more influential to ME. Since Priest influenced ME more, I voted for them
18.06.2007 - 04:24
graywolf87
Account deleted
"can't decide"...for me it was Priest, but Maiden is more popular. "both metal gods"
03.07.2007 - 02:03
Varegan
Hamranakara
definitely Iron maiden. if you come to Iran and see that people haven't ever heared the name of judas priest but some of young boys wear tshits of Iron maiden!!!! you will understand witch band is more influential
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
13.10.2007 - 02:16
Mustis
Account deleted
Iron Maiden is by far much better that judas priest, but we are talkin about influence, and both bands influenced a lot in opther bands, so i cant decide
14.10.2007 - 10:15
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
iron maiden please!!! judas priest is not that great is very overrated in my opinion , i just like screaming for vengance and painkiller
----
Stay Metal !!!
14.10.2007 - 12:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
definitely Iron Maiden...because they are quite well known even outside metal community - at least people know some band of that name exists...i am speaking from my own experience - i knew Iron Maiden name almost immediately when i started listening to music in general, and i have listened to Fear of the Dark very soon, but Judas Priest i only saw on some billboards announcing their concert in Czech, but have no connection to their music and even now i dont know them and their stuff too much..
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.10.2007 - 15:24
Stuart
MiseryKing
It's a tough one this, because Priest helped create scene before Maiden and actualy paved the way for them. But I think Maiden have sole more album, are well know outside the metal community and have far more tribute albums/bands out there. i think this mostly due to clever marketing and not because they were better than Priest.
15.10.2007 - 04:12
selken
Irreligious
That was quite hard, but after thinking a bit I conclude the following:
lets take a car with manual transmission, so lets compare Judas Priest with the first gear, this is the one that gets the car moving, so, JP started or launched metal, but IM take that car already in moving an guided it in depth, so
Judas priest started metal, and they were the first influence
Iron maiden polished it and gave it new meanings

JP's influence is based in pure heavy, but IM influenced power, gothenburg, melodeath, meloblack, and melosomething.
----
16.10.2007 - 03:09
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Judas Priest!! look at the dress code and the feeling! They didn't create Metal, but they were the one band that surely revolutionized it
18.10.2007 - 20:53
Lord TJ
Both bands have a great title out there, but I think Iron Maiden is more mainstream than Judas Priest is, not sure why though.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
26.11.2007 - 00:09
Sticksrock
Account deleted
I cant decide. Iron Maiden seem to be more influential where i'm from but Bruce Dickinson hinself named Rob Halford as one of his main influences
26.11.2007 - 03:07
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Lord TJ on 18.10.2007 at 20:53

Both bands have a great title out there, but I think Iron Maiden is more mainstream than Judas Priest is, not sure why though.

Judas Priest is far more heralded in classic rock circles than Maiden are. Plus they laid out the blueprint for what Maiden would be doing in the 80's.
08.12.2007 - 03:21
Metalbound7
Judas Priest whit no doubt, whitout priest there not be Maiden. Metal exist thanks to Judas Priest, they add the melody that Black Sabbath has missed, and they bring the image whith the black leather and the chains, and while Iron Maiden keep saying that they dont play Heavy Metal but Hard Rock (Dave Murray words) Judas Priest are proud about being "The" Heavy Metal band. Doesnt the songs names of Heavy Metal, Metalmeltdown and Metal Gods tell u something?

Iron Maiden is like Jesus, but Judas Priest is like God.
03.01.2008 - 22:52
SmellyStuff
Account deleted
I have two words. Stained Class.

Exciter = proto speed metal. Hell, Painkiller is pretty much a rewritten version of this song.
Stained Class = galloping riff that Maiden would become famous for.
Saints in Hell = proto thrash metal around 3 minutes in.
25.02.2008 - 17:33
Murder
Written by Lord TJ on 18.05.2007 at 18:01

Written by Doc G. on 05.05.2007 at 04:09

I see more fans in Iron Maiden, but I see Judas Priest engraved in stone. Dont get me wrong both bands kick ass they are both one of my favorites.

completely I agree!!! both bands are the most greatest bands!!!! but priest are more influencial for me too! they're earlier than any other... Priest for sure...

(but I see maiden last night and ... well... I'm so fucking sure... I won't never see nothing which can be close to these gig in all my entire life... the only I can say is..... WOW!!!)