Metal Storm logo
Richie Faulkner - Works On Solo Album

Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner spoke to Guitar World magazine about the status of his previously announced solo project.

He said: "I'd like to do it more as a band thing. I wouldn't want it to be called Richie Faulkner. I worked on a project with a few people during the pandemic and we're in talks at the moment with labels. I don't want to give too much away, but when the pandemic hit I thought maybe it's time to get a batch of songs and get them into shape and put them out.”

Asked if it will be a metal album, Richie said: "It's always hard to talk about your stuff without crawling up your own ass. I think it's heavy, but it's not as 'metal.' It's a bit more bluesy. You can hear that it's coming from a guitarist in [Judas] Priest, but it's enough of a departure to sound like something outside of the band. There's some [Jimi] Hendrix references in there and stuff that's a bit more groove-oriented."

Source: guitarworld.com
Band profile: Judas Priest
Posted: 22.08.2022 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 6 users
30.08.2022 - 14:48
@zgarol
Heavy Blues Rock is basically what 70s metal is. So I guess 70s metal album is what he has in mind.
30.08.2022 - 19:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by @zgarol on 30.08.2022 at 14:48

Heavy Blues Rock is basically what 70s metal is. So I guess 70s metal album is what he has in mind.

Yes I might see Dwight Yokan Vs Jeff Healy
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 528 | This month: 7