3 want it

01. Nyarlathotep
02. Hypnos
03. The Tomb
04. The Abyss Between The Stars
05. Weird Harmonies From Celephaïs
06. Grotesque Visions

Additional info
Recorded and mixed by Vindsval at Earthsound studio.

Extract from Blut Aus Nord's Bandcamp page:
It must be emphasised that this is NOT the new Blut Aus Nord album but instead a compilation of custom-made pieces continuing the musical exploration started in 2003 with The Work Which Transforms God.

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 34   Visited by: 202 users
02.10.2022 - 00:19
Rating: 8
mz
This was totally unexpected.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
02.10.2022 - 00:58
A Real Mönkey
Quote:

It must be emphasized that this is NOT the new Blut Aus Nord album but instead a compilation of custom-made pieces continuing the musical exploration started in 2003 with "The Work Which Transforms God."

----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
02.10.2022 - 11:34
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Unlike their previous release earlier this year, this took me by surprise, I expected it to just sound like left over material from sessions of, and since TWWTG, but there seems to be more depth and structure to this than I thought there would be. It doesn't just sound like a continuation from their previous work, but rather an improvement on the cosmic hellish soundscapes and atmosphere they've created. Somehow I've managed to immerse myself into the atmosphere more so on this album/compliation than anything they've done in a while.

It's pretty freaky when your out and about, walking around when listening to this, you genuinely think everyone is an actual alien in human form! It gets you paranoid and fks up with your head! It does with me anyway, and that's why I like is so much
02.10.2022 - 13:38
Desha
delicious dish
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 02.10.2022 at 11:34

It's pretty freaky when your out and about, walking around when listening to this, you genuinely think everyone is an actual alien in human form! It gets you paranoid and fks up with your head! It does with me anyway, and that's why I like is so much

Had a lot of walks and drives while listening to MoRT and that sure did the same thing. Everything feels kind of alien and fake, it's so interesting.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
02.10.2022 - 13:48
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
Written by Desha on 02.10.2022 at 13:38

Had a lot of walks and drives while listening to MoRT and that sure did the same thing. Everything feels kind of alien and fake, it's so interesting.

That's what I like about Blut Aus Nord, they have such a unique sound, it makes you feel like your in a Lovecraftian horror movie.
02.10.2022 - 15:52
Satyr73
It's total musical mayhem!!! I wonder how some people here pretend to be interesting and like this thing called music and a band?!
02.10.2022 - 22:41
Vombatus
Potorro
Deliciously dark af. Could almost be part of the Liber series.

btw, would a "compilation" tag fit better than full length? Description mentions it as such (not officially a new album).
02.10.2022 - 23:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Vombatus on 02.10.2022 at 22:41

Deliciously dark af. Could almost be part of the Liber series.

btw, would a "compilation" tag fit better than full length? Description mentions it as such (not officially a new album).

Yeah, I'll edit that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.10.2022 - 00:09
mz
Written by Satyr73 on 02.10.2022 at 15:52

It's total musical mayhem!!! I wonder how some people here pretend to be interesting and like this thing called music and a band?!

So you will end up 10ing this in a week, similar to what you did with Panzerfaust?
----
03.10.2022 - 00:18
Rating: 9
VileVick-Bryant

Now don't you go being negative again now. You don't want to get hit with another spirit again do you.
03.10.2022 - 09:03
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor

You rate this as one if the worst albums ever, but you must have your valid reasons why you think that. It's just a shame you think that way about this album I actually rather like it myself, but I guess we can't all be interesting in the same thing
03.10.2022 - 15:51
A Real Mönkey
Holy Grape Ape, these sound like they came right off of TWWTG. Might be the first album since from this band that I’ve loved.
----

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
03.10.2022 - 18:31
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by A Real Mönkey on 03.10.2022 at 15:51

Holy Grape Ape, these sound like they came right off of TWWTG.

They are.

But it's still more of the same generic Blut Autopilotus Nord jamming.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

03.10.2022 - 19:37
mz
Written by Alakazam on 03.10.2022 at 18:31

But it's still more of the same generic Blut Autopilotus Nord jamming.

BaN is pretty much the only band with this type of sound. I dont mind them churning out more of this.
----
04.10.2022 - 13:31
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by mz on 03.10.2022 at 19:37

BaN is pretty much the only band with this type of sound. I dont mind them churning out more of this.

It's no different to any band churning out autopiloted sounds lol, and usually after hearing it once I'm better off going back to what stuff I own from them.
----

04.10.2022 - 15:30
mz
Written by Alakazam on 04.10.2022 at 13:31

It's no different to any band churning out autopiloted sounds lol, and usually after hearing it once I'm better off going back to what stuff I own from them.

Can you please recommend me some bands with similar sound?
----
04.10.2022 - 15:35
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by mz on 04.10.2022 at 15:30

Type O Negative - Glass Walls Of Limbo
Nine Inch Nails - Reptile

Godkiller, Pyramids, P.H.O.B.O.S., Axis Of Perdition, Chu Ishikawa, Thorns, Mysticum. Arizmenda on for the wailing guitars.

Virtually the first melodic black metal band you see come up. Then rym search for atmospheric black metal and repeat.
----

05.10.2022 - 21:49
Desha
delicious dish
Written by Alakazam on 04.10.2022 at 15:35

Written by mz on 04.10.2022 at 15:30

Godkiller, Pyramids, P.H.O.B.O.S., Axis Of Perdition, Chu Ishikawa, Thorns, Mysticum. Arizmenda on for the wailing guitars.

Virtually the first melodic black metal band you see come up. Then rym search for atmospheric black metal and repeat.

None of these bands you listed that I know of really sound like BaN? Of course there's elements of those bands you can find in BaN. But it's a giant stretch to say e.g. Reptile just sounds like BaN lmao.

BaN didn't invent chaotic music or industrial or meloblack, we know that much lmao. But the particular way they go about it (especially in the more industrial focused ones like this) is fairly unique. I fucking wish there was another album sounding like MoRT
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
05.10.2022 - 22:54
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Desha on 05.10.2022 at 21:49

None of these bands you listed that I know of really sound like BaN? Of course there's elements of those bands you can find in BaN.

I'm sorry, I couldn't take you seriously after that part.
----

06.10.2022 - 17:02
mz

None of these sound like BaN. This type of comparision is somehting I expect from people not versed in metal.
I mean, sure, NIN is industrial and thus can be considered to be similar to BaN. By the same token, cannibal corpse and children of bodom are similar, as they both use e-guitar, fast drumming, and extreme vocals.

I do agree that some of the other bands you mentioned are somehow similar, though. PHOBOS, in particular, is definitely influenced by BaN. Mysticum and Godkiller are also both vaguely similar, as they are, too avantgarde black metal. All this means that BaN's industrial black metal is not generic at all.

About meloback bands, well, if you are talking about the melodic side of BaN's discography, I agree with you, but that does not address my question. It is generally well understood that when people say a band is not generic, they are talking about their more avanrgarde outputs. I was asking about bands with similar sound to BaN's avatgarde industrial black metal albums. If you think meloblack bands are similar to that, then I guess I cant take your post seriously.

For bans that do actually sound BaN, check these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4FtLvfp6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJYjlM4xCQ&t=802s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwyVvppvp24&t=588s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdhTpDLuHlo
----
06.10.2022 - 17:07
mz
Written by Desha on 05.10.2022 at 21:49

I fucking wish there was another album sounding like MoRT

This.
I after so many years, it is still miles apart from anything out there.
----
06.10.2022 - 17:44
A Real Mönkey
I’m starting to think Alakazam isn’t as smart as his namesake. Type O Negative sounding like BaN? The actual fuck?
----

06.10.2022 - 18:05
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by mz on 06.10.2022 at 17:02

None of these sound like BaN. This type of comparision is somehting I expect from people not versed in metal.
I mean, sure, NIN is industrial and thus can be considered to be similar to BaN. By the same token, cannibal corpse and children of bodom are similar, as they both use e-guitar, fast drumming, and extreme vocals.

I do agree that some of the other bands you mentioned are somehow similar, though. PHOBOS, in particular, is definitely influenced by BaN. Mysticum and Godkiller are also both vaguely similar, as they are, too avantgarde black metal. All this means that BaN's industrial black metal is not generic at all.

About meloback bands, well, if you are talking about the melodic side of BaN's discography, I agree with you, but that does not address my question. It is generally well understood that when people say a band is not generic, they are talking about their more avanrgarde outputs. I was asking about bands with similar sound to BaN's avatgarde industrial black metal albums. If you think meloblack bands are similar to that, then I guess I cant take your post seriously.

For bans that do actually sound BaN, check these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4FtLvfp6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwJYjlM4xCQ&t=802s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwyVvppvp24&t=588s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdhTpDLuHlo

Good mental gymnastics. Gold medal.

I answered the whole package of Blut Autopilous Nord incase you were going that way. An artist with a style can easily trick you into making a duplicate album from pieces that have no different songwriting, cover it with stereotypical layers from before so it can be hidden as them autopiloting. You can still be avant-garde but be generic.

Thank you for remembering me Lorn again, its been a while, then I realized why I stopped remembering them like the other stuff as what makes them identical is following from BAN's musicianship choices, whereas say soundwise, the first half of Reptile at its meandering machine-sounding beat base is closer to MoRT in musical, stylistic fashion besides not being avantgarde dissonant black.
----

06.10.2022 - 18:07
Zap
I didn't realise until now that God Buster/Mr Strawberry had another account.
06.10.2022 - 18:12
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by A Real Mönkey on 06.10.2022 at 17:44

I’m starting to think Alakazam isn’t as smart as his namesake. Type O Negative sounding like BaN? The actual fuck?

Son, sit your irrelevant ass down.
----

06.10.2022 - 18:20
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Zap on 06.10.2022 at 18:07

I didn't realise until now that God Buster/Mr Strawberry had another account.

Crazy to believe there are users who can think creatively for themselves.
----

06.10.2022 - 18:25
Zap
Written by Alakazam on 06.10.2022 at 18:12

Alakazam used Counter...
It hurt itself in its confusion!
06.10.2022 - 21:21
Paz
Elite

The most entertaining thread in a while.
09.10.2022 - 01:10
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Zap on 06.10.2022 at 18:25

Written by Alakazam on 06.10.2022 at 18:12

Alakazam used Counter...
It hurt itself in its confusion!

Focus on yourself boys.

It's why I'm not with your deck.
----

10.10.2022 - 08:17
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite

I wonder how some people here pretend to be interesting and like this thing called music and a band?!

Sort of like you pretending not to be st..., errr, silly.

Hits total: 2986 | This month: 11