Metal Storm logo
Why no edit points for Events/Tours

21.04.2023 - 00:28
tibosax
Hi everyone,

TLDR; Why no edit points for Events/Tours ?

I've been editing the database rather regularly for the past 12 years and earned enough points in most edit categories to do unsupervised edits/checks for bands profile, yet there is no points for Events/Tours, and I wondered: what is the philosophy behind this separation?

Don't get me wrong, I don't really care about being "supervised" or anything, but being able to correct your own mistakes (which can happen) is better for everyone. Like if I do a typo for a band name in a festival page, I have mercy for Abattoir and don't edit it right away and wait for new band addition to correct the mistake. Speaking about, the man has probably validated more than a hundred of my event edits this year alone and given all the other stuff he is doing for the site, I feel like opening edits for other trusted people on the site, just like for band edits, could benefit everyone. That and the fact that you can't edit tours, so if one date gets added, you have to send him a message.
21.04.2023 - 04:57
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Yeah, more generally speaking, being able to edit your own submission even before it was checked for anything would be really nice...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei