Metal Storm logo
Leeway - Former Guitarist Michael Gibbons Dies

Former Leeway guitarist Michael Gibbons died last Wednesday (December 27th) from an undisclosed cause of death; the news of Gibbons' passing was broke through social media by his brother Joe. Michael joined Leeway in 1986 and performed on their first two albums, 1989's Born To Expire and 1991's Desperate Measures, before parting ways with the band in 1992 and he would be part of their short-lived reunion from 2006.

Gibbons' brother Joe wrote: "It is with great love and sadness that I and my sister in law Lisa Moakley Gibbons, and my sister Deirdre Mullen have to share the passing away of our youngest brother and Lisa’s husband, Michael Gibbons Jr. last night 12/27/23.

"A phenomenally gifted guitarist and music innovator has lain down to rest, but his music will live on in the hearts of his legions of Leeway and Black Ice fans. Please, at this time, respect ours and Lisa’s privacy during this most difficult time. Arrangements to follow, thank you for your understanding."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leeway
Posted: 30.12.2023 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 7 users
18.01.2024 - 21:39
Joppe
Steelemeister
This was unexpected, I saw an interview with him about the new Leeway documentary recently and he seemed to be in good health. RIP
----
My vision is augmented
19.01.2024 - 08:51
Redel
Written by Joppe on 18.01.2024 at 21:39

This was unexpected

Hah, Jope is back!

Hits total: 1729 | This month: 233