Label: Reigning Phoenix Music

Found in 2 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 22   Visited by: 216 users
18.02.2024 - 18:00
Rating: 4
Gag reflex
Any band that uses AI for their cover art should be banished! The unforgivable sin
----
'The thoughts of dead babies
Wiped away with my semen'
18.02.2024 - 18:58
A Real Mönkey
Written by Gag reflex on 18.02.2024 at 18:00

The unforgivable sin

For a band like Deicide I'm sure this is a compliment.

There’s nothing wrong with AI-generated album covers. Most covers are made with computer anyway. All that matters is how it looks.
----
"Change the world. My final message. Goodbye."

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
18.02.2024 - 21:31
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Written by A Real Mönkey on 18.02.2024 at 18:58

There’s nothing wrong with AI-generated album covers. Most covers are made with computer anyway. All that matters is how it looks.

I think the real issue here is that it doesn't look very good, and Deicide can definitely afford a real cover art by a real artist instead of chosing the cheaper, worse solution
19.02.2024 - 10:19
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff

Ah, a date to go down in history. Your first cringe opinion.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
19.02.2024 - 11:51
gavdann
Written by RaduP on 19.02.2024 at 10:19

Damn straight. There is everything wrong with AI generated cover art. It puts genuine artists out of work for one. It's definitely not the same thing as creating your own work of art with a computer.
19.02.2024 - 14:28
A Real Mönkey

----

~Last words of Harambe, seconds before he was shot, according to child he shielded from gunfire
20.02.2024 - 15:38
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

Of this week?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.02.2024 - 19:34
A Real Mönkey
Written by Boxcar Willy on 20.02.2024 at 15:38

Of this week?

Oh I know you of all people here ain’t talking about having cringe opinions.
----

20.02.2024 - 19:46
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by A Real Mönkey on 20.02.2024 at 19:34

We should kiss.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.02.2024 - 20:01
A Real Mönkey
Written by Boxcar Willy on 20.02.2024 at 19:46

Written by A Real Mönkey on 20.02.2024 at 19:34

We should kiss.

Buy me dinner first.
----

20.02.2024 - 21:48
Guib
Thrash Talker
Sometimes, the comments are more entertaining than the actual topic.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.03.2024 - 00:12
ivulv
Written by Gag reflex on 18.02.2024 at 18:00

Any band that uses AI for their cover art should be banished! The unforgivable sin

I sinned by listening to 'Sever the tongue' and had an immediate urge to reach for the toothbrush, but only to brush my eardrums with it.
I'm not gonna look up the lyrics. With this sound they can only be about severing a shoe's tongue, suffocating toes and tortured inner soles
21.03.2024 - 19:22
Metal Rasputin
I don't know about bad taste, but the song released is pretty stale and boring. The whole time I was expecting some surprise twist, blast of riffs or change in tempo just like back in the good old times, but none ever came. The production doesn't sound half bad.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
26.03.2024 - 19:44
Rating: 7
Brutal Water
My wife's a fine artist and she says there are more than enough struggling artists that would gladly create album covers for free, just to get their names out there.

There's no excuse for using AI art when you could get original human artwork for free. Very disappointing that some underground musicians cannot appreciate how important networking is in dark art subcultures, no matter the medium.
----
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
09.04.2024 - 19:22
Stormm
Written by gavdann on 19.02.2024 at 11:51

Damn straight. There is everything wrong with AI generated cover art. It puts genuine artists out of work for one. It's definitely not the same thing as creating your own work of art with a computer.

So, in the end, only big problem is, that someone's not getting payed. Sad. But we can yell at cloud about "AI bad", but it will change nothing. AI "art" will expand more and more. It's getting more sophisticated, it's quicker, cheaper... I prefer real artists, but still...
09.04.2024 - 21:02
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by Stormm on 09.04.2024 at 19:22

So, in the end, only big problem is, that someone's not getting payed. Sad. But we can yell at cloud about "AI bad", but it will change nothing. AI "art" will expand more and more. It's getting more sophisticated, it's quicker, cheaper... I prefer real artists, but still...

If I ever interview Glenn Benton I'll tell him that I created an AI that generates Deicide songs so I no longer need to buy his music. It's quicker and cheaper.
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
10.04.2024 - 14:46
Stormm
Written by RaduP on 09.04.2024 at 21:02

Written by Stormm on 09.04.2024 at 19:22

If I ever interview Glenn Benton I'll tell him that I created an AI that generates Deicide songs so I no longer need to buy his music. It's quicker and cheaper.

His music already sounds like AI generated for quite some time, so... You've got my blessings.
10.04.2024 - 15:10
Lamahe
Written by Stormm on 10.04.2024 at 14:46

His music already sounds like AI generated for quite some time, so... You've got my blessings.

Be honest here - quite some chunk of music sounds like that. And not necessarily because they actually use AI tools. Too much of stuff being released is schematic to the point it's boring.
Well, what can musicians do vis-a-vis this challenge:
1) some will stay true 'analogue' while composing stuff honest and themselves (let's hope for as many as possible)
2) some might take ideas from AI tool, chew it through with live instrument and still deliver final shape themselves
3) make the full AI-powered music and acknowledge this openly (and still receive some critical acclaim)
4) the same as 3) but not telling anybody (assholes)

How can you tell the music you're listening to was composed/assisted by AI? I don't think you can, unless there are "six-fingered-hands" in musical terms which would be very lame of the 'musician' to let it through. I believe the only real test will be a live show - because metal is mostly a genre of live experience...
----
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
10.04.2024 - 16:17
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I smell the contender for the drama of the year.
10.04.2024 - 17:57
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by RaduP on 09.04.2024 at 21:02

he could use ai to generate songs, and pass them off as legit deicide.
wonder how long it will be till some band does that.
especially among those that are creatively dead and pump out generic auto-pilot albums.
26.04.2024 - 17:59
Rating: 10
Shmelevod
We should conduct a study to see how many people who wrote here about AI also mentioned Amorphis, Insomnium, and Be'lakor as their favorite bands.
26.04.2024 - 21:45
Rating: 9
Oldy86
Written by Shmelevod on 26.04.2024 at 17:59

We should conduct a study to see how many people who wrote here about AI also mentioned Amorphis, Insomnium, and Be'lakor as their favorite bands.

AI artwork is trash. Amorphis, Insomnium and Be'lakor are fantastic. This album is fucking awesome!! It's a shame that people will underrate just because of the artwork.

Hits total: 3470 | This month: 1596