Metal Storm logo
Drowning Pool

25.11.2007 - 14:32
Olli
I'm surprised there isn't a topic for them, where I come from drowning pool are very well known, at least for their first album "Sinner".
The band have been through 3 vocalists and now their vocalist is Ryan Mccombs who used to be the vocalist for the band SOil, in my opinion the first album was brilliant but after that they went downhill and Mccombs doe's just not suit the drowning pool sound.
Drowning Pool were one of the first Nu Metal bands I listened too, I was addicted to the "Sinner" album for a long time.
What are your thoughts on this popular Nu Metal band?
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
25.11.2007 - 15:30
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I first saw the Bodies video a few times & thought it was pretty cool, and a couple years later copied my friend's Sinner album onto my computer. Not too shabby, there are some really good songs on there, but also some noticeable mediocrity. He also had Desensitized but that was pretty shitty comparatively and I've deleted half the tracks. I'm not specially interested in hearing their other material but I wouldn't run away screaming from the opportunity... not beforehand, at least...

I'm also kinda surprised at the lack of talk of them on MS. Sinner's surely better than most other albums in the genre...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
26.11.2007 - 03:01
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Hmm, I'd have some problems labelling "Sinner"as simply nu metal, since its really more of a post-grunge, groove metal kind of album... It has some nu-metal elements but no more than say, Life Of Agony, which is also not considered a nu metal band.
Either way, "Sinner" is indeed a fairly decent album and since that time they started sucking big time.
27.11.2007 - 21:13
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There were a couple of cool songs by them...too bad the front man dude passed away...
29.11.2007 - 12:56
Grindcore
I only like Sinner. The rest of the albums don't have anything special.
01.12.2007 - 17:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I liek Sinner alot, but tHe other albums just bored me. Ryan Mccombs should've stayed in Soil, IMO, he doesn't fit in Drowning Pool.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.01.2008 - 15:24
Sunioj
Huh, never heard sinner, but Desensitized is a good album IMO. Though I can understand why some dislike it. Anyways, I liked Drowning Pool ever since I started listening to metal but never got around to getting one of their albums and I just did a few days ago, so Im pretty satisfied, Drowning Pool has sentimental value to me. I could liste to 'Step Up' all day long!
10.01.2008 - 05:18
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Sunioj on 05.01.2008 at 15:24

Huh, never heard sinner, but Desensitized is a good album IMO. Though I can understand why some dislike it. Anyways, I liked Drowning Pool ever since I started listening to metal but never got around to getting one of their albums and I just did a few days ago, so Im pretty satisfied, Drowning Pool has sentimental value to me. I could liste to 'Step Up' all day long!

Check Sinner. It's deffinitely their best album.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

11.01.2008 - 00:21
Olli
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 01.12.2007 at 17:04

I liek Sinner alot, but teh other albums just bored me. Ryan Mccombs should¿'ve stayed in Soil, IMO, he doesn't fit in Drowning Pool.

I agree completely, I was a fan of both bands but now Drowning Pool doesn't sound anything like it used too. Soil are still good though.
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
11.01.2008 - 05:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Olli on 11.01.2008 at 00:21

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 01.12.2007 at 17:04

I liek Sinner alot, but teh other albums just bored me. Ryan Mccombs should¿'ve stayed in Soil, IMO, he doesn't fit in Drowning Pool.

I agree completely, I was a fan of both bands but now Drowning Pool doesn't sound anything like it used too. Soil are still good though.

Yeash. spite Soil's still good, Ryan McCombs should've stayed there.
----

11.01.2008 - 07:17
deadset61
Account deleted
Sinner was a pretty cool album. They are Nu metal but they sound different from all of the other ones. Sinner > every other drowning pool album.
11.01.2008 - 07:42
Sonic MrSumo
i saw these guys play at the Sydney Big Day Out back in 2002, when Dave Williams (R.I.P) was still around - and they rocked!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
11.01.2008 - 20:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 11.01.2008 at 07:42

i saw these guys play at the Sydney Big Day Out back in 2002, when Dave Williams (R.I.P) was still around - and they rocked!

You lucky bastard! I envy you so much...
----

16.01.2008 - 04:33
Sonic MrSumo
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.01.2008 at 20:54

very lucky. they played all of sinner, as that was the only album they had at the time...

try guessing which song they finished with...
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
16.01.2008 - 04:55
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 16.01.2008 at 04:33
Sermon? Or Creeping Death? I get the feeling you're talking about Bodies but that seems like something they'd play around the start...
----

16.01.2008 - 17:31
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

very lucky. they played all of sinner, as that was the only album they had at the time...

Bodies? Or Sinner? I personally like more Sinner.
----

17.01.2008 - 06:12
Sonic MrSumo
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 16.01.2008 at 17:31

Bodies? Or Sinner? I personally like more Sinner.

it was bodies...they opened with sinner.
----
17.01.2008 - 11:01
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 17.01.2008 at 06:12
That's what I guessed I like Sinner a bit more than Bodies, but there's still about five others that I like a lot more. Have you guys heard their collaboration with Rob Zombie for the DareDevil soundtrack, "The Man without Fear"? I think it's decent... can't remember how it goes now, though...
----

17.01.2008 - 15:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Sonic MrSumo on 17.01.2008 at 06:12

Well, I thought so. Sinner is the album opener too.
----

06.11.2008 - 20:33
Dreadlord
Account deleted
I think their best song is let the bodies hit the floor...i like the way he shouts!!
11.11.2008 - 17:54
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.11.2008 at 20:33

I think their best song is let the bodies hit the floor...i like the way he shouts!!

I agree with u. And I think that their best album is Sinner.
11.11.2008 - 20:31
Dreadlord
Account deleted
But the best part in this song(let the bodies hit the floor)is when he start to shout...for at least 10 seconds.....i like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20.11.2008 - 02:39
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Huh yeah pretty good hard rock... i dont really call them metal, but pretty entertaining and slightly headbang-worthy.
20.11.2008 - 07:15
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hahahahaha Drowning Pool=biggest one hit wonder in alternative metal history.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.05.2009 - 05:49
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Desensitize is definetly better than Sinner. Excluding ''Bodies'' and ''I Am'', the other songs are just forgeteble and boring.. the song ''Sinner'' is also not a big deal. The vocal does a good work (the one that died), but the vocalist from Desensitize is great, more powerful, there is no complexity or fillers, just powerful and catchy nu-metal the way I like. ''Step Up'', ''Nothingness'', and specially ''KillinMe'' are the highlights.

Don't know if it was part of some album, but their song with Rob Zombie ''The Man Without Fear'' is one of the most awesome songs i've ever heard, contagious

If there is something wrong with this band is that last album ''Full Circle'', horrible, pure shit, just one or two memorable songs, and not that good.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.05.2009 - 14:51
Written by LeChron James on 20.11.2008 at 07:15

Fail.

Mudvayne have 3 one-hit wonders!

I used to be massively into these guys when I was younger, but I don't listen to them anymore.

Sinner was well better than Desensitize though.
08.05.2009 - 15:39
Saitenhexerin
Oh I like them, it's not so hard though, but I think they really have some cool songs.
I especially love the Desensitized singer, Jason Jones.
I wonder how they are on stage, anybody seen them?
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
08.05.2009 - 20:53
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by HarmonyCorruptio on 07.05.2009 at 14:51

Fail.

I used to be massively into these guys when I was younger, but I don't listen to them anymore.

didnt their singer die of a drug overdose or somethin?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.05.2009 - 07:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by LeChron James on 08.05.2009 at 20:53

Written by HarmonyCorruptio on 07.05.2009 at 14:51

Fail.

didnt their singer die of a drug overdose or somethin?

No. He had a heart condition and suffered a heart attack. No drugs involved there.
----

12.05.2009 - 05:24
Aspiring Nobody
Account deleted
"Bodies" was really the only Drowning Pool song that was really any good in my opinion. All the other tracks on "Sinner" just fell flat. Haven't listened to "Desensitized" and as I don't go out of my way to listen to alt-metal, I don't think I ever will.