Metal Storm logo
Favorite Black Metal Vocalist

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 07.06.2006 - 00:00
Here's my post from this thread straight outta the old forums

For the poll I picked who I thought would be the more popular choices, I'm sure we'll get alot of "others" though.
Anyways, this was a hard one for me. Black Metal vocals are probably my favorite type of vocals in all it's different styles...but overall my favorite is probably Nocturno Culto. Absolutely countless vocalists have modeled themselves ater him and for good reason. He's the spokesboy of BM vocals and has a truly chilling sound to his voice. Attila was a close second for me, he has one hell of a creepy voice too. Varg as well. Who's yours??

Poll

Who's your favorite?

Other (who?)
Abbath (Immortal)
Ihsahn (Emperor)
Varg Vikernes (Burzum)
Nocturno Culto (Darkthrone)
Quorthon (Bathory)
Attila Csihar (Mayhem)
Legion (Marduk)
Maniac (ex-Mayhem)

Total votes: 299
16.02.2007 - 00:16
Major
Blakkheim (Diabolical Masquerade) followed by Jack D Ripper (Morgul) and Abbath (Immortal).
18.02.2007 - 14:27
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Well I can plainly say that I voted for "other". As I've posted on the other topic.......my choice would be Miron from Tvangeste. I just love his sexy vocals. For me, it sends chills up and down my spine.
04.03.2007 - 03:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Other. Shagrath. Because it's teh only black metal band I like.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
04.03.2007 - 09:29
FOOCK Nam
I voted for Burzum. His voice is so depressed, melancholic. I also like Shagrath though the Burzum voice is more creepy in my opinion, and each voice is very fit to their music then creating many good songs to hear:)
08.03.2007 - 02:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
for me either Olli Mustonen from Catamenia, his shrieks are solid and consistant, Helmuth from Belphegor because he can easily transfer from black to death alot, or Thebon from Keep Of Kalessin, for the same reason as Helmuth, hes got alot of variation and stylings he can transfer between.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.03.2007 - 14:02
villain
Varg
because his voice complements the music and the atmosphere that it creates. It resembles the desprerate soul crying out form the depth of the forests angainst the encroaching world.
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
12.03.2007 - 18:06
The Captain
Account deleted
Abbath by far. Since this is the "favorite" black metal singer and not the "best" black metal singer, I can say this with a clear conscience. He just adds a funny factor to the music. He is just goofy looking. Thus I think he is my favorite black metal singer.
14.03.2007 - 17:30
Lord TJ
I pick Abbath as my favorite. Not much to explain about why, he just is.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
22.03.2007 - 14:15
FrOsTmOuRnE 0_o
Account deleted
Agrees with +{Cat Eyes}+ id choose shagrath
23.04.2007 - 04:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well I also like Naglfar's vocalist voice. But Shagrath is Shagrath
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.04.2007 - 14:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
My vote for the list goes to Ihsahn (Emperor). I like this band. But I have hesitated a long time with Abbath (Immortal)
24.04.2007 - 14:02
|Angela|
Account deleted
Satyr for me. Specially on Shadowthrone and Dark Medival Times. Others I like are Quorthon, Varg, Nocturno, Malefic and Pest.
26.04.2007 - 00:56
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by [user id=989] on 08.06.2006 at 15:10

I like Valfar´s screams about anger and hate. I was a classy BM vocalist. You really hears is anger in his vocals.

Cannot disagree. Valfar had on of the most powerful black metal vocals.

Written by [user id=989] on 08.06.2006 at 15:10

Nattefrost is also a classy vocalist. Raw and filthy.

Nattefrost was better on older CF albums, in newer stuff he has nothing of good oldschool vocals but more like screaming. But on live shows he's really good!
27.04.2007 - 15:13
(s)A!N?
Account deleted
Written by villain on 12.03.2007 at 14:02

Varg
because his voice complements the music and the atmosphere that it creates. It resembles the desprerate soul crying out form the depth of the forests angainst the encroaching world.

I agree here too, I love the way his vocals make you feel towards the song and can litrally make the hairs on your neck stand on end ... well in my case that has happend...
but he shows ture emotions and power in his songs that match they music...
12.05.2007 - 04:31
mightyegg
Account deleted
Ihsahn for me he just kiks ass
12.05.2007 - 04:56
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Ihsahn for the win! He has a great vocal range.

Honorable Mention: Don't know if you would call Borknagar BM, but Vintersorg has an excellent set of pipes too.
17.05.2007 - 15:40
Lathronniel
they are most of them unique..i think Host from Taake,Ragnarok... is great one
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
23.05.2007 - 11:15
ToCSiN
Account deleted
I voted for Other (who?) and i would say Shagrath from Dimmu Borgir ... ehh i admire dis guy
17.07.2007 - 11:29
NECURATU
I admire most of them too. Grutle from Enslaved is great too, and seems to be a cool guy...but I'd go for Atilla in the end, he isn't just a vocalist, he's a mad artist.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
17.07.2007 - 17:37
Infurnace
I like most of the vocalists as well. It might sound like a strange choice, but one of my favorite Black Metal vocalists is Hupogrammos Disciple's. You know, the vocalist from Negura Bunget. He is really good.
18.07.2007 - 02:41
Ihsahn from Emperor. I just like the way he sounds.
----
oderint dum metuant
18.07.2007 - 10:05
NECURATU
Written by Infurnace on 17.07.2007 at 17:37

I like most of the vocalists as well. It might sound like a strange choice, but one of my favorite Black Metal vocalists is Hupogrammos Disciple's. You know, the vocalist from Negura Bunget. He is really good.

Hahahahaha, it's great to hear something like that from somebody living so far away from Romania!
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
18.07.2007 - 13:37
Infurnace
Written by NECURATU on 18.07.2007 at 10:05

Written by Infurnace on 17.07.2007 at 17:37

Hahahahaha, it's great to hear something like that from somebody living so far away from Romania!

Haha, yeah, I live quite far away from Romania, but I really like Negura Bunget, and the vocals as well.
25.07.2007 - 21:06
OpusPocus
Account deleted
I voted other because Valfar wasn't up there. He is without a doubt my favourite black metal vocalist. "Heidra" from Windir's album "1184" is good example of how great of a vocalist he was.
26.07.2007 - 03:37
Puff
The Forlorn
Atm I would say Neige (especialy for is works on Amesoeurs and Mortifera) or Famine (Peste Noire). Is vocals were absolutely perfect on La Sanie des Sciecles. To bad it sucked on Folkfuck Folie.
----
10.08.2007 - 07:20
selken
Irreligious
Insahn sounds so creepy to me, but Lord Ahriman is not in the list.
DON'T REPLY, just kidding
I Like the voice of Dani Filth, too.
----
14.08.2007 - 19:19
In Chaos
I don't listen to so much Black Metal but I really think Abbath from Immortal has a really cool voice.
14.08.2007 - 19:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Always Ihsahn of course, both his growl and clean vocals are amazing. But I posted again in this thread 'cuz I just have to mention Gaahl! His vocals are insane!
----
16.08.2007 - 00:07
TombstoneHighway
Account deleted
I'd have to go with Varg. I mean, the guy screams as if being skinned alive.

Abbath's not too bad either.
18.08.2007 - 14:13
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by [user id=23520] on 16.08.2007 at 00:07

I'd have to go with Varg. I mean, the guy screams as if being skinned alive.

Ah of course! He's also one of my favourites! And yes, his screams are totally wicked!
----