Hypocrisy - The Arrival review
|Release date:||February 2004|
01. Born Dead Buried Alive
04. Slave To The Parasites
05. New World
06. The Abyss
07. Dead Sky Dawning
08. The Departure
09. War Within
[Bonus DVD: Live Show At Summer Breeze Festival 2002]
01. The Gathering / Roswell '47
02. Pleasure Of Molestation
03. Osculum Obscenum
05. The Fourth Dimension
06. Fire In The Sky
07. Don't Judge Me
08. A Public Puppet
10. Left To Rot
12. The Final Chapter
13. Fractured Millenium
16th February 2004 09:12 GMT
NASA Headquarters, Department of Extra Terrestrial Research
- Sir, we got something here!!
- Let me see... What is it?
- Only sound sir, it resembles something my brother calls death metal sir.
- Death metal? A declaration of war?
- I don't think so sir. Here, let me show you....
- Hey, it's violent, and the guy screams a lot... The music is very catchy though. My head longs to violently go back and forth...
- I felt it too sir. At some moments the choruses seem to stick in one's brain; on these pieces: 'Eraser', 'A New World', 'War Within'. There is even one song with clean vocals... Do you think it could be a joke by some depraved youth sir?
- Well, I think music with such a perfect production and songwriting cannot be human... It is inevitably of alien origin. See, these powerful riffs, these sharp arrangements, this feeling that you'll never be able to live without it anymore? Alien, boy, alien...It's heavenly. Have we found any precedents?
- Yes sir, quite a lot since 1992. 12 actually... Although the last one, codename Catch 22 was very different from the rest, more modern, less violent but interesting anyway. This one sounds a bit like... hum let me check... oh yes, codename Abducted, received in 1996. I made some research, and apparently, since we had not really noticed their last message, they have tried to send us something different but at the same time similar to one of their old communications. And it works! What do you think they want sir?
- It seems pretty obvious to me: codename The Arrival... They want to land on our good ol'planet Earth...
- But what if their intentions are evil sir?
- Evil? No, not evil. And even if they plan to invade our planet, don't you think our society would be much better with music of this quality? Catchy, groovy, thrashy music? People cannot headbang and make war at the same time... They bring us peace my friend...
- So what shall we do now sir?
- Well, I think I'm going to take a chance: I won't refer to my superiors. Instead, I'll show this to the world. Such perfection has to be shared with everybody. This message is flawless. I think it is now time to let the people know about ET intelligence. Are you with me?
- Without hesitation sir. It is still growing on me... Only good can come from a civilization that is able to create so magnificent a masterpiece. I shall never forget this holy day.
Highlights: Erased, A New World, Stillborn
Comments: 13 Visited by: 233 users
Angel of Lust
| Xtreme Jax
Hits total: 5188 | This month: 27