Dutch death metallers, God Dethroned, have launched a landing page for their upcoming new album Under The Sign Of The Iron Cross. Head to this location now to stream the title track off the new album and to find out about the various pre-order deals.

Comments singer/guitarist Henri Sattler on the title track: "The 1905 Schlieffen Plan made by the Prussian Count von Schlieffen after England signed the previous Entente Cordiale in 1904 with France. The plan was based on a battle between Hannibal and the Roman army in 216 B.C. that was later modified and eventually failed when put into practice. It remains uncertain if the changes to the Schlieffen Plan or the plan itself was the reason for not being successful."

The bands 9th album was recorded at the Soundlodge Studios in Leer, Germany.

Comments singer/guitarist Henri Sattler: "Musically the new album turned out to be one of the most extreme records we ever did. Nevertheless with the very recognizable God Dethroned hooks present in all the songs. Producer Joerg Uken outdid himself this time, because our new album is in my opinion the best produced album we ever had. Extremely raw, heavy, but crystal clear and super dynamic at the same time."

Find more album details here.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: God Dethroned

Posted: 12.10.2010 by BudDa

Comments

Derwood - 12.10.2010 at 17:00
I was thoroughly enjoying the track until the fucking lame ass clean vocals came in. Why do bands insist on shitting all over their own music by taking a good death metal song and throwing something that sounds like Justin Timberlake in it?
Koen Smits - 12.10.2010 at 17:17
Written by Derwood on 12.10.2010 at 17:00

I agree. It's a good song, but why does almost anyone use clean vocals these days?!
Some bands need to stick with what they're good in, nothing more, nothing less.
Deadmeat - 12.10.2010 at 17:52
Fuck... i agree with both of you...
bodomroy - 12.10.2010 at 23:22
Good song
dismaleuphony - 13.10.2010 at 05:20
Sounds like another solid GD release in the vein of their previous effort. I'm curious as well about how much clean vocals there are, since I prefer Henri's normal growls instead, but more curious about the rest of the album. I'm sure I'll have it the day it's out
ruffio - 14.10.2010 at 01:39
I liked the clean vocals on their last album alright mainly because they were few and far between. Also they seemed to fit pretty well in the tracks that did have them, at least for me. Plus, im a total history buff and once wrote a 20 page essay on the Battle of Passchendaele, so I might be a little biased
I_Die_Often - 14.10.2010 at 02:09
Sounds damn good to me! I had to listen to Poison Fog after that song to compare the vocals.

News God Dethroned - New Album Available For Streaming 10.5 16.11.2010 by Jon
News God Dethroned - Entire New Album Streaming Online 9 17.04.2009 by -Soulreaper-
News Dark Tranquillity - Another New Song Available For Streaming 7 25.04.2013 by Sentenced Odiin
News Ihsahn - New Song Available For Streaming 7 03.10.2013 by Dentura
News Mouth Of The Architect - New Song Available For Streaming 7 16.05.2013 by tea[m]ster