January 11th, Stratovarius didn't perform in Paris as expected. They went on stage with promoter Oliver Garnier to announce that although this particular date was supposed to be a real party due to Jörg Michael being back in the band after his first therapy against cancer, Timo Kotipelto had been suffering from food poisoning since some time before Christmas. Although they tried everything that was possible, he was still unable to sing a single note, he said.

After the announcement, roadies cleared the stage that they had so carefully set for Stratovarius, allowing rumors that they had indeed hoped to perform until the very last minute.

Stratovarius is currently embarked in a European with German power metallers Helloween. It hasn't been stated when Stratovarius would be performing again, so it is to believe that they won't take the stage on Thursday January 12th in Lyon, France, as well.

Check the band's website for a more official statement at http://www.stratovarius.com.

Source: wrathchild, attending the concert
Band profile: Stratovarius

Posted: 12.01.2011 by wrathchild

Comments

CHEF METALHEAD - 12.01.2011 at 01:29
Welcome back Jorg....
Lit. - 12.01.2011 at 01:31
Let's hear it for PERSERVERENCE!
LeChron James - 12.01.2011 at 01:44
WOOHOO JORG MICHAEL IS BIGGER THAN CANCER! FUCKING WINNING.
ImperialTroll - 12.01.2011 at 02:02
HELL YEA! Jorg Roundhouse-Kicked the cancer like he was Chuck Norris
glad to see him back
Zenzero - 12.01.2011 at 02:05
First good news since months!
bodi10 - 12.01.2011 at 14:16
Can anyone keep us up to date about the band? I'm supposed to see them live on Sunday in Barcelona and I'm concerned about whether or not they'll be able to play... thanks!
Wyrd - 13.01.2011 at 02:52
Best metal news I\ve herd in a little while. So good to hear everything is at leats a bit back on track. Hope Timo is going to be fine, though
The Shape 1973 - 13.01.2011 at 21:44
Timo was ill when I last saw them, but you would not have known it from the fantastic performance.

Would have been a pisser if you were waiting for them to come out and then they say they are not performing.
Angelic Storm - 13.01.2011 at 21:53
Written by Wyrd on 13.01.2011 at 02:52

Yep, it sucks that Timo has been laid out with food poisoning. Ive had that myself before, and it can be very nasty.

Its awesome that Jorg seems to be winning his fight against cancer, when I first heard he had it, it was like "here we go again..." luckily, this seems like its going to be one of the happy endings to having this horrible disease. xD

Oh, and Imperial Troll... Oi! NO! He roundhoused the cancer like he was Bruce Lee! lol
Wyrd - 17.01.2011 at 05:22
I remeber meeting Timo in Toronto last year. I must have been the only Canadian fan that went up to him that tour. I've never met a nicer guy. I really hope this is not like a "James LaBrie 1994" deal. I respect this guy to much to see his greatness go like that. But I'm sure it's nothing. If Jorg can go Cammander Shepard on Cancer then these guys have earned their right to stay.

News Leaves' Eyes - Free Acoustic Show In Paris With Stream Of Passion 4 18.10.2011 by Jiri
News Sodom - Guitarist Rushed To Hospital, Polish Show Cancelled 4 31.03.2011 by Troy Killjoy
News Behemoth - To Film Paris Show For Upcoming DVD 4 02.02.2008 by Infidel
News Dark Funeral - Costa Rica Show Cancelled 4 23.08.2006 by Richard
News Soilwork - Singer Suffers Back Injury, Cancel Rockharz Festival Show 4 10.07.2014 by LeKiwi