Surprise, surprise! The rumours have been confirmed. Opeth will indeed tour North America in support of their latest release Heritage and they will bring along Katatonia for the ride. The band's upcoming tour will kick off on April 18th in Buffalo, New York and all the dates can be seen below.

There will be some special things happening. On April 20th, Opeth will be making a stop to headline alongside Anthrax, Hatebreed and Suicidal Tendencies at the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival. The April 28th show in Clifton Park, NY will see Mikael Åkerfeldt's Storm Corrosion collaborator and friend, Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, join Opeth for a special evening that is not to be missed. There will also be two rare and intimate evenings with Opeth planned for Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn on April 29th and The Roxy in Los Angeles on May 24th.

Fan club pre-sales begin on January 10th, followed by public on-sales on January 11th and January 12th.

Tour dates:

April 18 - The Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY
April 19 - Starland Ballroom, Sayreville, NJ
April 20 - Palladium, Worcester, MA (part of New England Metal & Hardcore Fest)
April 21 - Capitole, Quebec City, Canada
April 23 - Halifax Forum Multi Purpose Centre, Halifax, Canada
April 24 - Casino New Brunswick, Moncton, Canada
April 26 - Guelph Concert Theatre, Guelph, Canada
April 27 - Crocodile Rock, Allentown, PA
April 28 - Upstate Concert Hall, Clifton Park, NY (with Steven Wilson)
April 29 - Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
May 26 - The Catalyst, Santa Cruz, CA

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Opeth

Posted: 09.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

Dentura - 09.01.2013 at 20:39
YES!!!! This is so awesome, I really hope I'm able to see both of these bands when they come to LA! I've never been to an Opeth concert, and I saw Katatonia last September. Seeing them together will be orgasmic.
Dark Blood - 09.01.2013 at 21:00
Now that would be an awesome gig to attempt to. Hopefully they do a European tour together... *daydreaming*
BloodTears - 09.01.2013 at 21:04
Written by Dark Blood on 09.01.2013 at 21:00

Katatonia might came to Portugal, they promised in an interview to Loud! But maybe they were lying
Dark Blood - 09.01.2013 at 21:13
Written by BloodTears on 09.01.2013 at 21:04

Ohh! Let's hope they weren't... I doubt they would continue touring with Opeth after this one thought. That would be neat! But I'd be happy just to see Katatonia nonetheless.
Gopherhawk - 09.01.2013 at 21:59
Opeth in Iowa for the first time. Hell yeah.
Italics - 09.01.2013 at 22:02
I'm not a giant fan of Opeth, but I'd go for the Katatonia... I wonder how much time each band would get, seeing as Opeth seems to be the headliner...
Verdun_sc - 09.01.2013 at 22:38
Two shows in a row at the Fox? Wat? They must love Boulder or something... I mean, there's a fair amount of Opeth fans in CO, but seriously two in a row? Wow.

I probably wont go though. Dont love them like a used to and Heritage, despite some good ideas, was just as bad or worse than Watershed.
atmo1221 - 09.01.2013 at 23:39
I use to like Opeth..everything before Watershed. and Katatonia was my favorite band.
John Shock - 10.01.2013 at 01:05
Written by Dark Blood on 09.01.2013 at 21:13

Written by BloodTears on 09.01.2013 at 21:04

I would like to see them both at the Hard Club, and specially with Storm Corrosion in the middle...oh...it would be awesome...but keep dreaming Shock!
Methuselah - 10.01.2013 at 01:22
I would love to go to this show but one thing inhibits me from even attempting to buy tickets. When was the last time Opeth even played anything off their first 3-4 albums? I would cum in my pants if they played anything off of Orchid or Morningrise live. Especially Black Rose Immortal.
Nattens - 10.01.2013 at 01:42
I'm going for Katatonia since they diversify their setlist unlike Opeth. I like Opeth - I even last saw them two nights in a row with Katatonia - but like someone else said, they seem to stick to latter material, and never play any early songs.
imspazzen - 10.01.2013 at 02:22
Yeah I'm definitely gonna wait for the setlists to come out. I literally fell asleep two or three times during Opeth's set on the Heritage tour (and I like their soft songs).
LeChron James - 10.01.2013 at 05:29
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Jaeryd17‍ - 10.01.2013 at 06:41
I don't care. I'm going.
Apatheria - 10.01.2013 at 10:40
And once again, Katatonia skips the Pacific Northwest entirely. Goooooood damnit.
GoldenGod2112 - 10.01.2013 at 20:49
Wow totally skipping the Pacific Northwest! Good thing a have a couple good friends that love Opeth who are willing to go down to California to see them with me. Looks like I'll be going to the Santa Cruz show! It shall be my 2nd time seeing Opeth.
ElDannMann - 10.01.2013 at 22:55
Omfg, they'll be in my area May 10th. However, I'm in Mexico until June 2nd. Son of a ....
SublimeDragon - 11.01.2013 at 04:34
Written by GoldenGod2112 on 10.01.2013 at 20:49

I saw Katatonia in Vancouver only last September, co-headlining w/Devin...
They were pretty solid musically, but pretty zzzzzz compared to Devin.

And Opeth's new album, well it's just not very good...
GoldenGod2112 - 11.01.2013 at 19:34
Written by SublimeDragon on 11.01.2013 at 04:34

Written by GoldenGod2112 on 10.01.2013 at 20:49

I saw Katatonia in Vancouver only last September, co-headlining w/Devin...
They were pretty solid musically, but pretty zzzzzz compared to Devin.

And Opeth's new album, well it's just not very good...

Well I'm seeing Devin with Gojira on the 20th and I think Opeth's new album is wonderful. Probably because I used to really be into prog rock. Still sort of am.
Thrashette - 12.01.2013 at 01:11
Can't believe there's no Toronto date :/
Oh well, perhaps I'll make it to Guelph for this one. I missed Katatonia with Devin Townsend last year... And I'd be more excited for Opeth if they were playing their older stuff.
Opethian - 12.01.2013 at 05:54
Lol i guess no one else wants to tour with Opeth. Katatonia is hands down amazing live!
SublimeDragon - 13.01.2013 at 20:55
Written by GoldenGod2112 on 10.01.2013 at 20:49

Nice, I'm seein them two in six days!
salaminizer - 05.06.2013 at 21:25
Great tour! Except for Katatonia. They were boring. Plain. Put me to sleep.

News Testament - Announce New North American Tour Dates With Anthrax And Death Angel 8.5 30.05.2012 by exomorphyx89
News The Ocean - Announce Co-Headlining North American Tour With Scale The Summit 8.5 17.01.2014 by Susan
News Volbeat - Announce North American Tour With Support From Iced Earth And Hellyeah 8.5 20.04.2012 by CHEF METALHEAD
News Enslaved - Announce North American Tour With Pallbearer And Ancient VVisdom 8.5 07.11.2012 by Edmund Fogg
News Meshuggah - Announce North American Tour Dates With Decapitated And Baroness 8.5 02.02.2012 by benvolent