ZomgzomgZOMGwtfbbq!?!?11!

It's February 1st, which means it's the moment you've all been waiting forů The 9th Annual Metal Storm Awards are upon us. We've done a lot of work in setting this whole thing up and now it's your turn to bust your voting nut 30 seconds in to the month then spend the next 28 days whining because we didn't include your favorite album or put it under the wrong genre.

Seriously though, take your time and check out our nominees. We've got LOTS of first timers that made the cut and are worth taking a listen to before casting your vote. And for any questions regarding what category a band belongs in please ask HERE.

Enjoy.

\m/

Team MS.

Posted: 01.02.2013 by BitterCOld

Comments page 5 of 5

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Mr. Doctor - 26.02.2013 at 20:12
Yeah... The extreme doom category is definitely one of the hardest for me. I honestly liked all albums on that one.
Druss - 26.02.2013 at 20:21
Written by Promonex on 26.02.2013 at 20:00

I'll give you a hint. Alkerdeel is the correct answer
[/unprofessionalbias]

Hah, Alkerdeel is probably still my favourite, but its more a personal taste thing in truth, I just love the pure, undiluted filth of it the ones struggling with me to beat that are Evoken, Indesinence (really loved this album) and Monolithe's EP. Best thing about those three albums? Hadn't listened to (though, I had heard of) any one of the three of them previous to these Awards
!J.O.O.E.! - 26.02.2013 at 20:35
Written by Druss on 26.02.2013 at 20:21

And this is the reason why popular stuff should be, if generally possible, kept out of the awards. Why give an album everyone and their Grand mother knows about a spot, when an equally great or better unknown record can have some recognition.
Druss - 26.02.2013 at 20:51
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 26.02.2013 at 20:35

Aye, and that statement extends to pretty much every genre I've voted in. I've voted in 11 categories so far (still have to decide on Extreme Doom, and will get another one or two done in the last day or two I'm sure), and in only one category was the album I expected to vote for still my favourite after listening to all the candidates (Pharaoh in PM). For a lotta genres I've voted for, it makes sense (i.e. I enjoy doom metal, but I won't listen to every single doom/extreme doom album talked about on the site), but even for ''Heavy / Melodic Metal'', a genre I normally try to keep up to date in, I ended up voting for Dawnbringer's Into The Lair Of The Sun God, an album I hadn't even heard of, let alone listened to previous to the Awards.

Granted, the big stuff's still gonna win (for the most part, at least) in their respective categories, but the candidates can be real eye openers sometimes.
Promonex - 26.02.2013 at 20:57
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 26.02.2013 at 20:35

Because supporting unknown records is unprofessional.
Czerny Reiter - 27.02.2013 at 02:39
Being unsupportive of unknown records is unprofessional. And unsporting. And un-other-things.

My personal take on these awards: didn't listen to extreme doom before -> am an avid and starry-eyed extreme doom devotee now.

Already knew Evoken going in but bands like Indesinence, Bong, Monolithe, Alkerdeel, Elysian Blaze, Faal and Narrow House all blew me away with their expansive and all-encompassing approach to oppressive beauty.

I think even the Alternative Category vote for Aluk Todolo came as an after-effect of this.

I'm having the hardest time settling on a vote and that is a beautiful thing indeed.
Darkside Momo - 27.02.2013 at 02:57
Corrected for you
Quote:

I'll give you a hint. Faal is the correct answer
[/unprofessionalbias]
Nefarious - 27.02.2013 at 08:36
Quote:

I'll give you a hint. Faal is the correct answer
[/unprofessionalbias]

Nah come on, it's clearly Indesinence!

....or Faal

...or Monolithe
Mr. Doctor - 27.02.2013 at 11:25
Quote:
Written by Darkside Momo on 27.02.2013 at 02:57

Corrected for you

I'll give you a hint. Elysian Blaze is the correct answer
[/unprofessionalbias]

There you go... Nah but seriously. That was an excellent category, definitely my favorite. All great stuff.
Promonex - 27.02.2013 at 16:30
If Alkerdeel wasn't the correct answer, it would be Evoken. Or Narrow House. But they aren't because it's Alkerdeel, k?

NB: before the awards I didn't know either of these records ^^
Cynic Metalhead - 28.02.2013 at 18:03
Well, in Djent / Math Metal i haven't listen to anyone of yet. I think it would be better if I give a miss.

/toughnom

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

News 10th Annual Metal Storm Awards Open For Voting 12 01.02.2014 by Hex_Omega
News Metal Storm Awards 2009 - Now Open For Voting! 10.5 01.02.2010 by Angel_Lament
News Metal Storm Awards 2010 - Voting Open!!! 9 01.02.2011 by Kamil