Today you can hear Within Temptation's new single taken from the upcoming opus Hydra. It is called "Dangerous" and it features Howard Jones, the former Killswitch Engage vocalist. The official video just premiered and you can hear the song and watch the video right here. Patric Ullaeus directed the video.

Do you prefer this single or the song Paradise (What About Us?) with Tarja?

If you pre-order Hydra now, you will immediately get "Dangerous" featuring Howard Jones and Paradise (What About Us?) featuring Tarja. The album will come out officially on the 31st of January, 2014. Find out more details here.

Source: within-temptation.com
Band profile: Within Temptation

Posted: 20.12.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

DoomRules - 20.12.2013 at 19:52
Dangerous for the WT career. besides, I suppose there are better commercial promoting Red Bull.
mariano - 20.12.2013 at 20:10
....what can I say, at least it's a come back to metal.
quirin - 20.12.2013 at 21:05
The clip is just plain ridiculous, but it sounds better than their previous release.
The Shape 1973 - 20.12.2013 at 22:21
Sometimes I like to eat Pot Noodle. This is one of those times.
FeskarN - 20.12.2013 at 22:34
I like it
dismaleuphony - 20.12.2013 at 23:23
Eh to the video, but then again, as soon as I saw "Patric Ullaeus" I expected disappointment. The song is decent, catchy as ever, but I'm skeptical about the rest of the album. But who am I kidding, I wouldn't expect any band in the genre to top The Unforgiving anytime soon
Malaghost - 21.12.2013 at 19:13
I liked it. Wave of hate incoming.
Teravolt_Danny - 03.01.2014 at 21:49
Written by Malaghost on 21.12.2013 at 19:13

I liked it. Wave of hate incoming.

I enjoyed it, too. You know what you're going to get with this band: music that is very upbeat, catchy, and poppy. They've been making that kind of music for years, yet people continue to act surprised and disgusted whenever they hear their new tracks. This is the kind of music they make - people need to accept that and deal with it, rather than feel the need to attack how poppy the band is every time they show up on the news page.
BloodJuNkie - 06.01.2014 at 13:25
Sweet song!
R Lewis - 06.01.2014 at 14:44
Written by dismaleuphony on 20.12.2013 at 23:23

Well, all I can say is, don't worry. The album is really really good imo, a solid 8.
Classic WT stuff, and some great modern shit.
Susan - 14.01.2014 at 07:53
Written by Teravolt_Danny on 03.01.2014 at 21:49

Written by Malaghost on 21.12.2013 at 19:13

I liked it. Wave of hate incoming.

TRUE! Why people act surprised at this, I do not know.

Fun song as usual from a fun band. Excited for the album
wrathchild - 14.01.2014 at 08:14
Written by Susan on 14.01.2014 at 07:53

Written by Teravolt_Danny on 03.01.2014 at 21:49

TRUE! Why people act surprised at this, I do not know.

Well thing is, to me they hit something special with Mother Earth and they lost it to some more generic power metal, so this is always sad to hear a song like "Dangerous" that has none of the Mother Earth feel to it. Not a bad song per se (though a nit long/repetitive), but generic.
Susan - 14.01.2014 at 08:50
Written by wrathchild on 14.01.2014 at 08:14

Oh, I agree with you 100%! They did hit something very special and uniquely WT with Mother Earth. It was also 13+ years ago, so I feel like we should all be aware by now that they've moved beyond that to a new style(s).
wrathchild - 14.01.2014 at 08:59
Written by Susan on 14.01.2014 at 08:50

Hehe, I doubt any of the later songs make a better encore than Mother Earth or Ice Queen
Back to the release of The Silent Force, I thought that they indeed moved to something more "evanescent" (keep in mind I do enjoy Evanescence) but kinda fail at their new direction. This - and Lacuna Coil's similar move - is still a great scar in my vision of these "bands that were awesome when I was young".

Anyway, I'll read the review.

News Within Temptation - New Video Online 9 23.05.2014 by R Lewis
News Within Temptation - New Video Online 9 29.01.2007 by Tony Harrison
News Within Temptation - New Video Online 9 03.10.2009 by Ellrohir
News Within Temptation - Premiere New Video And Single 9 27.09.2013 by DeepBlueSea
News Within Temptation - New Video Online 9 31.01.2011 by Vivi'