After this week's changes, Arch Enemy fans must be really curious about the band's new material and also the new vocalist Alissa White-Gluz (ex-The Agonist). If you want to hear how she fits in with the band, check out their new song "War Eternal" and the video to go with it right now. What do you think about this first song?

This track is just a taste of what's to come on War Eternal, due on June 9th in Europe, June 10th in North America and June 4th in Japan. The War Eternal digital single cover was created by Gustavo Sazes, while Costin Chioreanu (twilight13media.com) is working on the album cover that will be presented soon.

The video is directed by Patric Ullaeus. German fans can watch it here.

Guitarist and band leader Michael Amott comments: "This is a day to remember. It is such a great feeling to come back with new music and to unleash the first single and video off War Eternal. Behold the first chapter of the new Arch Enemy saga... This is f**king war!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy

Posted: 20.03.2014 by BloodJuNkie

Comments page 2 of 2

‹‹ Back to the News Pages: 1 [2]

Purgatori☠ - 21.03.2014 at 21:28
Arch enemy traded any shred of musical talent they had left for a friggin gimmick. Looks over talent is what they chose. Even when she was in The Agonist it's always been about how hot Alissa is, not her vocal "talent". I guarantee that if Alissa wasn't attractive then most of her so called fanbase wouldn't even be around. Her vocals are absolute shit. They might as well of hired the Butcher Babies to take Angela's place. This video is laughable, and so is the song.
immortal78 - 21.03.2014 at 21:40
Brothers have you seen Mike's first info about the album: heavy metal influences! Dont you feel that beautiful rythmic section?
There are definatelly changes and not changes but CHANGES. The new song itself is awsome. Sorry I have to write this butsome of you just grumble:mad7: What did you expect punk rock
Kinzoku - 21.03.2014 at 21:57
Same Arch Enemy sound, now with weaker vocals.
terrorist - 22.03.2014 at 00:22
I like her voice but i like Angela's attitude more.
Troy Killjoy - 22.03.2014 at 01:31
This song is almost more hilarious than reading through this thread.
ozzysong - 24.03.2014 at 18:01
Generic song and and bland singer. I really don't know if Alyssa would be even noticed on the metal community without her so called "hotness".
Angel N. - 24.03.2014 at 19:22
Written by Troy Killjoy on 22.03.2014 at 01:31

This song is almost more hilarious than reading through this thread.

Let this guy rule the world.
Sword_Chant - 27.03.2014 at 00:16
It's more of the same, that's all that can be said... it's okay, but I can't help but feel like i've heard this song 10 times before from Arch Enemy. The band is talented, that is clear - but they're not using the talent much. It would be great to hear them go down the less generic route, eg. maybe back to the roots, Burning Bridges or early era In Flames style.
Doge of Venice - 27.03.2014 at 16:07
Written by ozzysong on 24.03.2014 at 18:01

She would be, because a lot of people know of The Agonist.
psykometal - 27.03.2014 at 18:14
Written by Doge of Venice on 27.03.2014 at 16:07

She would be, because a lot of people know of The Agonist.

What he's saying is that he believes people only like Alissa cuz she's hot, regardless of what band she's in or was in.
R Lewis - 27.03.2014 at 18:26
Am I the only one who actually likes the song? It's cheesy and structured enough for me to enjoy it.
psykometal - 27.03.2014 at 22:16
Written by R Lewis on 27.03.2014 at 18:26

Nope. I actually enjoyed it too. It's not their best, and I'm sure they can do better, but I still enjoyed it.
Doge of Venice - 28.03.2014 at 23:17
Written by psykometal on 27.03.2014 at 18:14

Written by Doge of Venice on 27.03.2014 at 16:07

She would be, because a lot of people know of The Agonist.

Oh, I thought he was talking from a recent point of "noticed". ie a sudden boost in popularity because she is brought to the attention of Arch Enemy fans.
psykometal - 29.03.2014 at 00:30
Written by Doge of Venice on 28.03.2014 at 23:17

No doubt she's gained a boost in popularity because of it. But she was already relatively well known in the Metalcore scene, but as said he thinks she only became popular because she's hot, not because she's talented (which he thinks she is not).

Clearly he's wrong though due to his own negative bias against modern day Metalcore.

Now if we were talking about Maria Brink, I'd agree 100%. That bitch can't scream for shit and compensates by always wearing very scantily short skirts that reveal a very large portion of her very large breasts (she has to cross her arms over her chest when she headbangs on stage so they don't pop out). Talk about a no talent, cock teasing hack.
Doge of Venice - 29.03.2014 at 16:30
Written by psykometal on 29.03.2014 at 00:30

Written by Doge of Venice on 28.03.2014 at 23:17

Ah, I see. Cheers for clearing that up. I would argue that she is fairly talented. Not to sound sexist, but compared to most harsh female vocalists that I have heard she is up there, in the top 3/4 (I don't know if I know more, to be fair). And even then, I don't enjoy metalcore that much. I don't even like the Agonist that much, not that they are wholly corecore, though.

I don't know who Maria Brink is, but from your description I kind of want to watch a video of whatever band she is in on mute.
psykometal - 29.03.2014 at 20:31
Written by Doge of Venice on 29.03.2014 at 16:30

She is the vocalist for In This Moment, another Metalcore band.

Pages: 1 [2]

News Arch Enemy - New Song And Lyric Video Released 10.5 28.04.2014 by ANGEL REAPER
News Aborted - Debut Lyric Video For New Song 8.5 14.04.2014 by psykometal