Following the huge announcement that they will release a new album this year, almost twenty years after Slaughter Of The Soul, At The Gates is now announcing European tour dates of the upcoming At War With Reality Tour 2014. The band will be joined by label mates Triptykon and Morbus Chron during the shows in December. Check out all the upcoming tour dates below.

What do you think about that package: At The Gates, Triptykon and Morbus Chron?

At War With Reality Tour 2014:

08.12.2014 - Cardiff (UK) - Souls
10.12.2014 - Essen (GER) - Turock
11.12.2014 - Hamburg (GER) - Markthalle
12.12.2014 - Eindhoven (NED) - Metal Meeting Festival
13.12.2014 - Leipzig (GER) - Conne Island
14.12.2014 - Vienna (AUT) - Arena
16.12.2014 - Aarau (SUI) - Kiff (* Triptykon co-headline)
17.12.2014 - Munich (GER) - Backstage Werk
18.12.2014 - Antwerp (BEL) - Trix
19.12.2014 - Cologne (GER) - Essigfabrik
20.12.2014 - Berlin (GER) - Postbahnhof

Tomas "Tompa" Lindberg comments: "We are very excited for this tour. It will be our first proper tour of Europe since 1996. As we have been playing only festivals in Europe since the reunion in 2008, this will be the first chance for us to meet the fans of Europe in a more intimate environment. Playing live for our own crowd, our own people in smaller clubs is something that is essential to us as a band and we are looking forward to finally being able to deliver a full At The Gates show in this setting, without having to work around the schedules and conditions of bigger festivals. It will also be the first time ever that we will be able to present some new compositions in a live setting - as the new album will be released by then. It's hard and uncompromising and I think the new songs will work great live next to the old songs.

"As for going out together with Triptykon, we couldn't be more thrilled. I have always looked upon the work of Thomas Gabriel Fischer as a great source of inspiration. From naming my first band, Grotesque after a line in a Celtic Frost song back in 1988, to the mighty comeback with his new reincarnation with Triptykon. Seeing them live every day for three weeks will be mind-blowing.

"As for the opener Morbus Chron...they have just released one of the most exciting albums of modern death metal in a long while. They remind me so much of the spirit of early At The Gates. It's as if every note is important and fills a certain purpose. It's dark, it's beautiful and it's sincere. One of the most outstanding 'new' bands for sure. I sincerely believe that this is a tour that you shouldn't miss out on, it will be spectacular. A killer bill!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: At The Gates

Posted: 25.03.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

!J.O.O.E.! - 25.03.2014 at 14:24
Definitely going to that London date. Nice line up that one.
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.03.2014 at 15:48
I am already 100% sure to attend Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Will have to review bands then once again
Koen Smits - 25.03.2014 at 16:19
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.03.2014 at 15:48

I am already 100% sure to attend Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Will have to see bands then once again
Marcel Hubregtse - 25.03.2014 at 16:24
Written by Koen Smits on 25.03.2014 at 16:19

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.03.2014 at 15:48

Will beseeing Morbus Chron this coming Thursday in Arnhem together with Necrowretch and Belgian hopefuls Bones
AyΣm - 25.03.2014 at 16:33
F**k, where is France???
Troy Killjoy - 25.03.2014 at 16:42
Written by AyΣm on 25.03.2014 at 16:33
F**k, where is France???

Gotchu covered bro.

Although you should already know that since you live there...
AyΣm - 25.03.2014 at 16:52
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.03.2014 at 16:42

Written by AyΣm on 25.03.2014 at 16:33
F**k, where is France???

Gotchu covered bro.

Although you should already know that since you live there...

Haha nice! But I mean, France is in Europe, no? ( yeah I should know since I live here...)
Mr. Doctor - 25.03.2014 at 18:30
At The Gates
Grave
Morbus Chron
29.11.2014 - Malmö (Sweden) - KB

HOLY.
SHIT.

I'm sooooooooooooo there! D: It's basically a late birthday present! Wooo!

Troy, this is for you! Hahahahaha.
!J.O.O.E.! - 25.03.2014 at 18:32
Written by Mr. Doctor on 25.03.2014 at 18:30

At The Gates
Grave
Morbus Chron
29.11.2014 - Malmö (Sweden) - KB

HOLY.
SHIT.

I'm sooooooooooooo there! D: It's basically a late birthday present! Wooo!

Troy, this is for you! Hahahahaha.

Shame you get boring old Grave instead of Triptykon
Mr. Doctor - 25.03.2014 at 18:34
Written by !J.O.O.E.! on 25.03.2014 at 18:32
Shame you get boring old Grave instead of Triptykon

It's all good dude. They will play at Roadburn! It'll work as a nice meddle at the Malmö date to just go to the bar and chill!
BloodTears - 25.03.2014 at 18:54
Obviously, ATG don't know where Lisbon is. I'm here and I want to see this tour come to Portugal. I know you read MS, Lindberg
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 26.03.2014 at 19:21
BIRRRRRMINGHAM!

Strangely, I was thinking a few weeks ago about how I would definitely like to see Triptykon soon, if they would be going to be extending any of their festival dates. Tom is one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people in metal that I've met across since I've managed to get seriously more around to gigs.

Morbus Chron, (as well as Tribulation which I've heard the name of already), definitely need to find some time to spend with finding more about them.

Why announced now for something not until December I wonder? Announcements for shows aren't normally for upcoming shows this stretched out are they?? Mind you, I did do this once before I guess, this time last year, for Fields of the Nephilim who didn't play until last December gone...

EDIT: I've just found out that this is on a Sunday too, just like last time I saw Triptykon.
BloodTears - 26.03.2014 at 21:09
Written by Amatsu Mikaboshi on 26.03.2014 at 19:21

BIRRRRRMINGHAM!

I believe tours are booked well in advance, sometimes a year before. I'm guessing ATG are taking advantage of the excitement over the new album and that's probably why they announced it now.
Amatsu Mikaboshi - 26.03.2014 at 22:53
Written by BloodTears on 26.03.2014 at 21:09

Fields of the Nephilim did this same time last year as they were touring with The Mission. Few years back, they did a one off show together at the Brixton Academy which was sold-out acclaim. Seems like the closest thing I've seen that At The Gates & Co. are now doing, only exactly a year ago. The Mission were promoting an album but more sadly.... Fields weren't....
Glabrezu - 05.04.2014 at 15:04
Can't miss my favourite band
Just ordered the first ticket for the last show in Berlin
Uldreth - 05.04.2014 at 15:18
No Hungary...

News At The Gates - More Live Shows Planned For 2011 7.5 06.12.2010 by Array
News At The Gates - Reunion live shows? 7.5 29.05.2006 by
News Swallow The Sun - Announce European Tour Dates With Paradise Lost 5.5 08.03.2012 by
News The Sword - Announce Headlining European Tour 5.5 20.11.2012 by Dark Forever
News Cradle Of Filth - Announce Creatures From The Black Abyss European Tour 5.5 06.09.2012 by Jiri